PDA

View Full Version : bought my first gun :)

PILMAN
12-09-2006, 05:48 AM
I went up to the gun shop today, good drive and quite a distance with some friends over to redneck area. I was looking at some of the guns they sold, they had a friggin barret .50 cal! I so wish I had 5000 bucks to buy one :D but anyways that wasn't what I had in mind. I looked at some of the handguns including a few ****ty ones by Jennings and Raven arms (Saturday Night Specials, horrible quality), they were tiny. They even had a very tiny concealable gun that was perhaps the size of a shotgun shell in pink I guess a good gun for the ladies.

I found what I was looking for as they didn't have the Jericho 941, I purchased a H&K (Heckler and Koch) USP .45 in black. It cost me about 853 dollars after tax, came with a 12 round magazine and a case brand new. I filled out the paperwork and they said to pick it up next Thursday on the 14th, Florida has a 3 day wait (damn liberals!). I don't have any pictures of the gun however I can post up one so people have an idea what I purchased. Needless to say the USP being German manufactured is a very high quality handgun. Heres a picture.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/af/HK_USP_45.jpg/800px-HK_USP_45.jpg

It's sad that there are so many Jews where I used to live (Chicago) who are unhappy with me for purchasing a firearm, I believe every Jew should be armed to protect themselves from a holocaust ever happening again, here is a sign in support for armed Jews :)

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_colors3.jpg

Any of you guys own guns?

Rascal
12-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Very nice Pilman.You are going to giving your poor mother a heartattack when you come home with this one.:biggrin: (I remember how much you said she likes guns-NOT)

Myself ,being from Canada,am always amazed when I go into gun shops in the US.Canada has pretty strick gun control laws and I don't see too many assault rifles.I am like a kid in a candy store.

Rascal
12-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Very nice Pilman.(you are going to give your poor mother a heartattack when you come home with this one)

Myself ,being from Canada,am always amazed when I went into gun shops in the US.Canada has pretty strick gun control laws and I don't see too many assault rifles.I am like a kid in a candy store.

impuls3
12-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I hear ya Rascal.... Canadian Tire used to sell rifle's... I don't know what happend to them... Thats a sick gun Pilman.

WARPEE
12-10-2006, 05:42 AM
Jeez Pilman...my first gun was a Ruger Single 6 in 22LR! Cost a 100.00 back in 1981...Helluva start, welcome to the fold...

paracollector
12-13-2006, 01:39 AM
As long as it isn't a P7, you can't go wrong with H&K.

Paparock
12-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Very good choice!

I have been thinking of getting my concealed carry permit as well as up-grading some of my sniping gear. Have you tried the HK out yet? Try some Federal Hydra-Shok 230 grain HP.:wink:

cccvw
12-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Nice pistol, congratulations. I think .45 is the way to go! Recommend you consider buying a good holster with it. Galco makes very fine holsters, the best I have ever used. Consider the holster as part of the weapon's safety device. A second or third safety if you will. That way you won't shoot yourself in the foot. With a .45, you wouldn't have a foot left. As far as spare magazines, you can always get those at a gun show in your area. They usually sell high capacity spare magazines at a fair rate. Recommend you stick with the H and K brand or whatever brand magazine your pistol came with. Some aftermarket magazines are garbage.

When you get your concealed weapons carry permit, consider one of the hip pouches made by blackhawk or eagle. They seem to work the best if you are going to carry day to day.

PILMAN
12-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Nice pistol, congratulations. I think .45 is the way to go! Recommend you consider buying a good holster with it. Galco makes very fine holsters, the best I have ever used. Consider the holster as part of the weapon's safety device. A second or third safety if you will. That way you won't shoot yourself in the foot. With a .45, you wouldn't have a foot left. As far as spare magazines, you can always get those at a gun show in your area. They usually sell high capacity spare magazines at a fair rate. Recommend you stick with the H and K brand or whatever brand magazine your pistol came with. Some aftermarket magazines are garbage.

When you get your concealed weapons carry permit, consider one of the hip pouches made by blackhawk or eagle. They seem to work the best if you are going to carry day to day.

Yes i've read up about some of the aftermarket magazines, i'm willing to pay a higher price for legit H&K magazines as the aftermarket magazines sound like junk anyways. Also the Hydra-Shok HP's I was looking into those :). Tomorrow I pick up the pistol, aghhh the wait is driving me mad lol. I'll look into those holsters, anyone know what holster Tom Cruise used in the movie collateral? I have a few pictures of it but no one on the HKPRO forums is sure. Here's some pictures.

http://hometown.aol.com/allenst/Collateral/IWB2.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/allenst/Collateral/iwb.jpg

He carrys a full size H&K USP .45 the whole movie, and Tom Cruise is not a very tall man (5ft6) so i'm curious what holster he is carrying, IMDB doesn't list it unfortunately :(.

PILMAN
12-15-2006, 11:42 PM
I picked up my gun today, I censored the serial numbers not because I don't trust you guys, but rather we may have Arabs on here and I don't trust them :-D

Anyways heres my beauty. Right now I only have federal american eagle .45 acp ammo however i'm going to be getting hydra-shok hollowpoints with the rod very soon from a close friend

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/PILMAN/Guns/P3040001.jpg

Rascal
12-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Very nice picture!

PILMAN
12-19-2006, 04:33 AM
Very nice picture!

Got some better worthy pictures and an update on some special ammo I picked up :-D

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/PILMAN/Guns/P3070034.jpg
Before people start saying it's fake, they DO indeed make polymer framed guns. It's actually very very strong stuff, similar to plastic however you can drop this stuff from an airplane and it won't even dent. Glocks also use this polymer frame as well as SIG's.
Even did a comparison to a fake one (a replica) to show the differences hehe.
Real ones on left, fake one's on right
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/PILMAN/Guns/P3070023.jpg
I am an evil bastard, I really feel sorry for whoever decides to break into my house. I invested in some rather expensive but...effective ammunition, quite a few states have banned it (shame as it's actually safer since it doesn't leave a exit wound and guarantees the guy you hit is dead)
Federal Hydra-Shok hollowpoints
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/PILMAN/Guns/P3070005.jpg
Basically this is what the bullet looks like when it hits you.
http://www.ammoman.com/IMAGES/PD3.jpg
Basically this ammo is meant to **** up someone badly, that rod will grind through the person like a blender inside of them pretty much guaranteeing they will not live. Many police and military have decided to use it as it doesn't leave a exit wound therefore innocent bystanders are less likely to be hit.

Rascal
12-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Have you had the pleasure of trying it out in the backyard yet?

Or do you go to a firing range?

calla-sa'ar
12-19-2006, 03:46 PM
haha. mazal tove again pilman.
that gun is sweeeet!
let me know how it fires when you get the chance (this is scithe/sn1pe229, by the way)

cccvw
12-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Nice pistol, congratulations! You got your Hydroshocks, you may also want to consider some brass tipped rounds or other hollow point like rounds and mix your magazine. The rationale is that if you have to shoot through a car or you have a shoot out in the gangsta land, you will want a penetrating round. Brass is a very hard metal, and will do the job. I mix the hydroshock with brass in the magazines. You will want a minimum of two magazines, one in the pistol, one extra, most folks carry two spare magazines. Most carry pouches have room for two. Practice your reload technique also when you are at the range. Put a couple of rounds in one magazine, shoot till empty, and reload with second magazine and resume firing. I takes some practice, but you will want to be proficient at this in an emergency.

I don't know what that holster is, but I would advise against it for a couple of reasons. I am sure Cruise had his trousers tailored for that role with pistol. Are you prepared to tailor yours for the extra space required for your USP? Every tried to sit down with that hand cannon in your waist band? Not so nice of a feeling. Also getting in and out of cars, not so nice either. Take a look at this site usgalco.com

If it is good enough for Sonny Crocket, it is good enough for me. I have a few Galco holsters and like my Miami Classic the best.

Congratulations and happy shooting to you!

TankHunter
12-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Nice weapon there. You may want to check out a site called tank-net.org for any ideas on future buys. I myself am 1 year too young to get one (IIRC the age limit is 21) so I have some time to save money for one.

PILMAN
12-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Nice pistol, congratulations! You got your Hydroshocks, you may also want to consider some brass tipped rounds or other hollow point like rounds and mix your magazine. The rationale is that if you have to shoot through a car or you have a shoot out in the gangsta land, you will want a penetrating round. Brass is a very hard metal, and will do the job. I mix the hydroshock with brass in the magazines. You will want a minimum of two magazines, one in the pistol, one extra, most folks carry two spare magazines. Most carry pouches have room for two. Practice your reload technique also when you are at the range. Put a couple of rounds in one magazine, shoot till empty, and reload with second magazine and resume firing. I takes some practice, but you will want to be proficient at this in an emergency.

I don't know what that holster is, but I would advise against it for a couple of reasons. I am sure Cruise had his trousers tailored for that role with pistol. Are you prepared to tailor yours for the extra space required for your USP? Every tried to sit down with that hand cannon in your waist band? Not so nice of a feeling. Also getting in and out of cars, not so nice either. Take a look at this site usgalco.com

If it is good enough for Sonny Crocket, it is good enough for me. I have a few Galco holsters and like my Miami Classic the best.

Congratulations and happy shooting to you!

What type of holster would you consider if waisteband is not a good idea?

cccvw
12-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Recommendations for a holster are not that simple. It depends on what you are going to do with it. If for example, you are interested in concealing, then you would opt for shoulder holster or hip sack type. If you don't need to conceal, then opt for drop down waist tactical holster. All depends on how you are going to employ your pistol.

More thoughts. Never get into a rifle shoot out with only a pistol.

Here are some brand recommendations I would make as you continue your search for suitable holsters.

Blackhawk
Eagle Industries
Galco (fine leather holsters built for a life time of use) a bit expensive

Just find the holster that will fit your USP. I prefer the hip sacks made by Eagle or Black if you are going to conceal. But that is not really concealing, because anyone in the business will know what you have in your hip pouch. A .45 is a rather large pistola. Concealing it can be a bit of a challange. A shoulder rig would do nicely if you wear a suit coat or sport coat. Most professionals that carry on the job have their suit coats cut a bit bigger to fit their heater.

My recommendation: if you are going to be shooting at the range, just get a drop down tactical holster with two mag puches above the holster from either blackhawk or eagle. If you are going to carry and want it to last forever, go with galco. If you are ok with the man purse, go with the waist pouch from eagle/blackhawk.

The last thing in the world you will want to do is to carry like Mel Gibson in Lethal weapon, inside the trouser without holster. Good way to shoot off your bum.

Happy shopping!

Garfield
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
nice gun

i wish i could buy one, but private gunownership is almost banned here