PDA

View Full Version : Michigan school practicing at night for Ramadan

scelli
08-16-2010, 04:04 PM
DEARBORN, Mich. -- A Michigan high school football team is holding preseason practices in the middle of the night to help its Muslim players practice both faith and football.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/highschool/news/story?id=5467167

White_R34
08-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Here's one, do you think this school would be willing to re-set school activity to favor it's jewish student facilities. Now I dont know if your Christian, Jewish, Muslim.., but are you in favor of this action?

I'm not and I have my own personal resons.

scelli
08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Here's one, do you think this school would be willing to re-set school activity to favor it's jewish student facilities. Now I dont know if your Christian, Jewish, Muslim.., but are you in favor of this action?

I'm not and I have my own personal resons.

I am most certainly not in favor of this nonsense.

White_R34
08-16-2010, 10:14 PM
LOL Yep it's totally nonsense! If the muslim players can't play because of some religious day of celebrations. Than that's there problem. I dont see any school holding night practices for jewish kits that celebrat "Rosh Hashana" and "Yom Kippur" to "Purim", "Passover", and "Shavuot" ect.......
This just makes me sick!!!!

janetnjohn
08-17-2010, 07:23 AM
LOL Yep it's totally nonsense! If the muslim players can't play because of some religious day of celebrations. Than that's there problem. I dont see any school holding night practices for jewish kits that celebrat "Rosh Hashana" and "Yom Kippur" to "Purim", "Passover", and "Shavuot" ect.......
This just makes me sick!!!!
totally agree! BTW once upon a time in the olympics christian athletes refused to run their races on a sunday as it was their sabbath, was the race altered to suit them..nope! I heard Obama saying that the USA was to protect the rights of everyone to freely practice their religion! but surely I've heard where in american courthouses you could no longer display statues of the ten commandments for FEAR of offending others! for others read MUSLIMS!

White_R34
08-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok first I feel the same as you. Let me point out some of the things I have seen, both here in Louisiana and back home in NY that I have see at the schools I have attended. We Christians and or Jews can't display pray or do any thing of our faths/religions, in or on campus. Except the muslims students. In some states class will be put on holed and students must remain quit so they can pray in some silly direction! WHAT?? Jews and Christians must make a stand against this serprestion of our religious rights. In the US that is. I as so see it's against the law to criticize Islam in Europe and Holland. Can you belive that?? http://europenews.dk/en/node/21076
http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/7rcg2/criticizing_islam_is_now_illegal_in_holland/

I'm sorry guys i have gone way of the subject of sports. So in getting back on topic. Let's say if there were a muslim NFL player and I don't realy know if we do or don't have one at this time but, would we see some time in the future see the NFL will put a live-game on hold or reschedule a game in support there muslim player?
All of this comes out of fear, because of the violent nature of Islam.
Yep and they say that there religion is one of peace.

"Yeah there peace our blood"!! Sorry if I misspelled any thing.