Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Debate Social & Political Issues
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Debate Social & Political Issues Debate Social and political discussion about Israel/Palestinians, the Middle east or world politics.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:58 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough
Default Pompeo – great news for Israel, bad news for Iran

World Israel News

Pompeo – great news for Israel, bad news for Iran

March 17, 2018

18 Comments

Trump’s choice of CIA director Pompeo as secretary of state is great news for Israel and bad news for Iran.

By: Daniel Krygier, World Israel News

President Donald Trump’s firing of Rex Tillerson and appointment of CIA director Mike Pompeo as new US secretary of state is great news for Israel and bad news for Iran.

Pompeo is a great admirer of Israel and a vocal opponent of diplomacy with the Iranian ayatollah regime.

A recent Gallup poll recorded the highest American support for Israel since the 1990s. While 75% of Americans today view Israel favorably, the US State Department has a long history of hostility towards the Jewish state and pro-Arab bias.

Tillerson was part of this history, and the State Department disapproved of Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Tillerson even tried to belittle Trump’s historic decision by stating that it would take at least three years to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

Trump recently announced that the American embassy will be inaugurated in Jerusalem on the State of Israel’s 70th anniversary.

Unlike Tillerson, Pompeo shares Trump’s and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s skepticism towards the controversial Iran nuclear agreement.

In late 2014, before the deal was signed, Pompeo indicated that he believed that military strikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities were more efficient than diplomacy to stop Iran’s quest for nuclear weapons.

At his Senate confirmation hearing in January 2017, Pompeo did not mince his words of criticism towards the Iranian regime. “Iran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terror, has become an even more emboldened and disruptive player in the Middle East,” he stated.

The Iranian regime and its supporters are clearly unhappy with the appointment of Pompeo as America’s top diplomat. This unease is also shared by the Europeans, who overwhelmingly support the nuclear agreement with Iran, which also opens up the large Iranian market for European businesses.

President Trump has repeatedly stated his displeasure with the Iran deal, vowing to pull out if Iran does not fix its “flaws.”

The appointment of Pompeo may indicate a prelude to Washington’s withdrawal from the agreement with the terror-sponsoring regime in Tehran. This is exactly what Netanyahu predicts. Addressing his ministers, Netanyahu said: “I believe Trump is very close to canceling the nuclear agreement.”

Not only Israel, but also Sunni Arab states have expressed their concerns regarding the Iran deal, which has already emboldened Tehran and likely paves the path to eventual Iranian nuclear weapons.

This would make the volatile Middle East even more unstable by triggering a nuclear arms race. Saudi Arabia recently warned that it would also seek nuclear weapons if Iran gets an atomic arsenal.

Only time will tell what Trump intends to do about the Iran agreement. Meanwhile, Israel enjoys the pleasantly rare combination of a friendly US president and a friend heading the State Department.

Comments

Maurice H • an hour ago
Still the Liberal Jews hate Trump and love the schwartza! We are so dumb when it comes to common sense. Our Israeli brothers and sisters are so much smarter. How many blacks including Obama have embraced Farakhan, yet we attack Trump?

•Reply•Share ›
One other person is typing…
Liberal-Free World Order Maurice H • an hour ago
The Liberal Jews have their heads up their rear-ends. So, so dumb. There is no excuse for anti-semitism but with Liberal Jews our most vocal component, we have a problem Houston.And it is a problem only Jews can and should address.Not that we will address it.

•Reply•Share ›
Maurice H Liberal-Free World Order • an hour ago
You got it, but nobody ever said Liberals are smart, they are just obnoxious and think they know it all. They would still vote for Obama even after the pics of him with Farakhan!

•Reply•Share ›
Yannis Cohen Liberal-Free World Order • an hour ago
Some blame goes to Israel with the flip-flap statements. The subject of the illegal Ethiopians, building in the Judea-Samaria and been extremely soft on Arabs that they live in Israel. Also the no tax of other Religious organizations that they use the property for other than Religious purposes.

•Reply•Share ›
Tina USA Maurice H • 21 minutes ago
Maurice, you are probably a Jew and so you can criticize another Jew. I am of Italian decent and so I can criticize other Italians. In other words I’m with you. I pray our liberal Jews in the US that they come into the light! LOL! And yes the Jews in Israel know what’s up! 🇺🇸🇮🇱

•Reply•Share ›
Show 1 new reply
Gabor Ujvari • an hour ago
Israel's gain is Iran's loss. Finally the US has a Secretary of State who understands Israel's needs and the Iranian danger.
Mankind needs Israel as a stabilizing factor in the Middle East.
Mankind must stand up against the nuke hungry ayatollahs before they grow stronger.
That is the quick summary of the Israel - Iran issues.
We wish all success to Mr Pompeo in his new position.

•Reply•Share ›
Nice_Cat • an hour ago
Leave it to President Trump to pull the irons out of the fire! Congratulations on selection of Pompeo as Secretary of State to replace Tillerson. And just in the nick of time, as I see it.

•Reply•Share ›
Maurice H Nice_Cat • an hour ago
And Iran has stopped bothering our navy. That is pure Trump!

punch_corona • an hour ago
.. don’t fall asleep with these nominations.. they have 24 months before elections in 2020..
.. the 2 state solution will never work.. some solution is needed for the palestinians.. move them to gaza.. claw back some land from egypt in the sinai.. abbas will probably retire before the 24 months.. time flies.. the oba had a full 7 years to inflict pain on Israel.. bad times can last a long time...good times can last a short time.. don’t fall asleep..

•Reply•Share ›
Tina USA • 17 minutes ago
If Pompeo is bad for Iran & good for Israel he won’t be able to get in fast enough for me! Go Trump, once again...
🇺🇸🇮🇱

•Reply•Share ›
Yusef • 19 minutes ago
This is a great decision by President Trump, I believe this is the time to surround himself with the right people that will make the right decisions as the world becomes more and more unstable, Russia, China and Iran among others already have a plan and are implementing it into destroying America and its allies. This is the right time to safeguard the American Kingdom or they will take it down along with our supportive allies as Israel and others

•Reply•Share ›
abinc • 39 minutes ago
When I read inflamatory comments about detonating nuclear weapons over Iran, I am distraught. Certainly, I have no wish to support Iran's irrational anti-Semetism and hated for the US. Certainly, if push came to shove, I would support Israel. However, it is equally irrational to lump all of the Persian people into one group dominated by the islamic crazies. Yes, millions supported the ouster of the Shah and the revolution that brought them the oppressive government that burdens them now. I understand that the US had a great relationship with the Shah, but that the people of Iran regarded him as oppressive himself and a dictator. Well, that is pretty much what they have now and they want SOMETHING that is neither Shah nor ayatollah. The Persian people have a long and noble history. The current government is an abnormality -- the better disposed of, the better. Rather than call for "nuke-ing" iran, the best solution is to support those who would depose the existing islamic government. Remember, islam is not a religion, but it IS a cult. Emphasizing that difference can help oust the vermin now in control. The obaman was a traitor in giving $150 billion to Iran and he should be reviled for that alone. But importantly, using just a fraction of that amount would enable the arming of those Persians who would seek to overthrow the existing so-called government and set about to build a REAL secular democracy that respects the rights of its people and does not support terrorism.

see more

•Reply•Share ›
Show 1 new reply
Liberal-Free World Order • 42 minutes ago
One of the things that is great about President Trump is that he doesn't give govt BureauRats tenure. It's laughable that the utterly corrupt Obama flunky McCabe is making up a conspiracy theory for his justified firing. People with power over others hate to be held accountable, and the FBI has an ignominious history of power abuse.
Can we say 'loser' ?

•Reply•Share ›
Jay Manne • an hour ago
While I am not the biggest fan of Trump, I was so fed up with Obama's BS policies in the Middle East that Trump looks like a savior at this point... the Liberal Democrats have all but sold out Israel and can NEVER be trusted again. By signing on to the Iran deal Obama virtually has guaranteed an arms race when the deal expires in 2025!! To my fellow Jews who back Obamas policies I say go to hell!!!

•Reply•Share ›
Show 1 new reply
Liberal-Free World Order Jay Manne • 36 minutes ago
The fervent hope is that Obama will change and ride out on the little donkey he rode in on.

Maurice H • an hour ago
At the same time John Kerry was the worst enemy of Israel since John Foster Dulles and Grorge Marshall

•Reply•Share ›
Liberal-Free World Order Maurice H • 35 minutes ago
John Kerry is a piece of human waste. And that is being nice.

•Reply•Share ›
Maurice H • an hour ago
The only pro-Israel Sec of State in the last 40 years was George Schultz. Of course he was Reagan’s Sec of State, so that explains everything. I wish George Schultz would live to be 150! He was as good a friend to Jews and Israel as anyone ever in power in the US

•Reply•Share ›
https://worldisraelnews.com/pompeo-g...Chemical+Attac

Last edited by WABA; 03-18-2018 at 01:07 AM..
Israel Forum