Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > Asia
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Asia Military news from Asian countries, except for Middle East

Old 07-08-2017, 12:48 AM

ashdoc is on a distinguished road
Default Jews of Indian origin came out in numbers to welcome Indian PM on his Israel visit

https://m.rediff.com/news/special/ja...a/20170706.htm

In the link---the boy in the photos besides the old person in Indian clothes and behind the Indian flag is son of my friend , who is an Israeli of Indian origin.

Most of the Jews of Indian Origin in Israel originally hail from my state---Maharashtra . Jews were never persecuted in India and many maintain a deep bond with India even in Israel.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:46 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
https://m.rediff.com/news/special/ja...a/20170706.htm

In the link---the boy in the photos besides the old person in Indian clothes and behind the Indian flag is son of my friend , who is an Israeli of Indian origin.

Most of the Jews of Indian Origin in Israel originally hail from my state---Maharashtra . Jews were never persecuted in India and many maintain a deep bond with India even in Israel.
WABA

I was in the Australian military back in the early 1960's.

This was back in the days of SEATO.

We moored in , what was then " Bombay ", now called , " Mumbai ".

Its was quite a cultural shock to go from the open spaces of Australia, to the multitudes of the Indian population.

" Bombay ' in those days was divided in to ( 4 ? ) Main sections, these were also in distinct architectural buildings, from my memory, the Jewish buildings where of a round structure, and covered a fairly large area of " Bombay " .

I imagine that " Bombay " has changed a lot in the last 60 years, the " Indian's " of ALL denominations ( Hindu, Christian, Janist's, Sikh's and Jewish, were very friendly and welcoming back then, I imagine they are all still the same.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABA View Post
WABA

I was in the Australian military back in the early 1960's.

This was back in the days of SEATO.

We moored in , what was then " Bombay ", now called , " Mumbai ".

Its was quite a cultural shock to go from the open spaces of Australia, to the multitudes of the Indian population.

" Bombay ' in those days was divided in to ( 4 ? ) Main sections, these were also in distinct architectural buildings, from my memory, the Jewish buildings where of a round structure, and covered a fairly large area of " Bombay " .

I imagine that " Bombay " has changed a lot in the last 60 years, the " Indian's " of ALL denominations ( Hindu, Christian, Janist's, Sikh's and Jewish, were very friendly and welcoming back then, I imagine they are all still the same.
Its called Mumbai now as it was called before the name was corrupted to Bombay under the British, and coastal security is now very tight post the 26/11 fiasco.

However, Indian people of all faiths are still very welcoming of our guests, even Pakistani guests, although not as naive as we were before Kargil.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Israel Forum