Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Debate Social & Political Issues
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Debate Social & Political Issues Debate Social and political discussion about Israel/Palestinians, the Middle east or world politics.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:31 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough
Default Texas signs first-ever trade agreement with Samaria region

World Israel News

Texas signs first-ever trade agreement with Samaria region

March 24, 2017

Texas signs first-ever trade agreement with Samaria regionL-R: Agriculture Minister Yossi Dagan, Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan and Texas Commissioner Sid Miller sign agreement. (Samaria Regional Council)

Print Email 53 Comments

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller signed the first-ever trade agreement between the Lone Star State and Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria.

Supporters of Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria have seen two encouraging developments this week in the US.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, a strong supporter of an Israeli presence in the region, signed the first-ever trade agreement between the US and the Samaria Regional Council, the Jerusalem Post reported Thursday.

The same day, David Friedman, known as a strong supporter of these communities, was confirmed as US ambassador to Israel – a move vehemently opposed by J Street, a left-wing NGO.

“I’m here in the Shomron [Samaria] — Israel — to create a revived Texas-Israel exchange,” Miller declared, according to the Post.

Miller, a Republican, has been a staunch supporter of US President Donald Trump since the 2016 presidential race. He is in Israel this week on a visit organized by Samaria Regional Council head Yossi Dagan.

Texas ‘Open for Business’ with Israel

“I am going to deliver the message to our trade partners in Israel that Texas is open for business and that we are looking forward to strengthening the bond between Texas and Israel,” Miller said in a statement posted on the Texas Depeartment of Agriculture’s website back in January. “Whether working on agricultural technology such as livestock genetics, finding solutions to our future water needs, increasing Texas exports or creating new jobs for both Texas and Israel, we have only scratched the surface of the ways we can work together.”

“I look forward to working closely with Texas Agriculture Commissioner Miller and his team to strengthen the already strong ties that exist between Israel and Texas,” Agriculture Minister Uri Ariel, a Member of Knesset in the Jewish Home party, said. “I also look forward to increasing the trade and marketing opportunities between Texas and Israel and am anxious to build upon this new opportunity.”

A Statement Against BDS

The trip, Miller said, is also a statement against the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement.

“Israel is our strongest ally in the region. Texas needs Israel. The US needs Israel and Israel needs the same cooperation back. I am ashamed to say that we have some in our universities boycotting Israel, so this is to counter that culture,” Miller stated, the Post reported.

“I think the Jewish community, the Jewish state needs to reclaim all of its land. I don’t have a problem with that at all. The sooner the better. It has been dispute for years and years and it will continue to be that way. But my personal opinion is that they (the Jewish people) should be able to settle anywhere in the holy land if they want to,” he said, as quoted by the Post.

“Israel suffered during the years President Obama was President. President Trump is bringing a new spirit and as far as we’re concerned, the signing of this agreement with Samaria is the starting point of long-term cooperation,” Ynet quoted the commissioner as saying.

By: World Israel News Staff

https://worldisraelnews.com/texas-si...nyahu+Welcomes

Last edited by WABA; 03-25-2017 at 01:35 AM..
Old 03-25-2017, 02:40 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Cool! Texas is a great State!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 03-26-2017, 06:44 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Cool! Texas is a great State!
It's great news for both Israel and Texas.

Israel's physics and electronics are the best in the World.

Texas gives Israel an open market of 330 million customers.

The anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign
must be wetting their pants with envy and embarrassment.
Israel Forum