Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Israeli Weapons Reference Site

isayeret.com -The Worlds Leading Israeli Special Forces resource
http://www.isayeret.com/main/guide.htm

Arab-Israeli Military Forces in an Era of Asymmetric Wars
http://www.greenwood.com/catalog/C9186.aspx

Israel Weapons Super Videos
http://www.supervideo.com/MXCD-ROMOS.htm
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 06-14-2009 at 06:25 PM..
Old 11-17-2007, 04:27 AM

MkCanuck9r is on a distinguished road

Excellent site...wish it had more on the Negev LMG though! I have gleaned every picture, article and even retrieved the Patients for it online, but I still need more info on the trigger mechanism...it wasn't in the patents
clearly.

I'm an old Weapons Tech per se and this LMG fascinates my curiosity :) While I am ex-infantry (16 yrs), I spent my last few years in charge of all the weapons in my Company because I liked the weapons so much. Loved to strip them down to nothing but parts and analyze them in detail...still doing it I guess :) Just a hobby now.

Anyone got pics of Trigger Mech? Send PM, I have everything else.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2007, 05:08 AM

berben4 is on a distinguished road

Cool site. Thank you for the resource :)
Old 12-16-2007, 01:55 PM

carlovier is on a distinguished road

Jewish ties to Israel before the formation of the Zionist movement

Old 12-16-2007, 04:18 PM

MiaG is on a distinguished road

Wow, great videos .. thanks Papa

Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל‎, Yisra'el) - the country of my heart
*** Am Yisra'el Chai ***
Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road

Yes this is a good website, Isayeret has a lot of info too.

I wish we could legally have Negevs here, I think they sold a parts kit here but they are very rare and expensive.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 AM

jayboy is on a distinguished road

tried the site for info on the black hawk but no joy, any ideas?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:31 PM

PhilClark is on a distinguished road

In the area of satellites, this site needs some serious up-dating since it does not reflect the launches of EROS B, Ofeq 7 (or the failed Ofeq 6!) or TecSAR .................
Old 10-03-2008, 08:25 PM

Rahul Singh is on a distinguished road

Israeli-weapons is a very good site. But i think you guys should also take wikipedia seriously. Its very hard to get some information on Israeli made weapons on wikipedia. I was surprised to see that there is no wikipedia page on DELILAH....
Old 01-01-2009, 03:37 AM

samati is on a distinguished road

good website
Old 01-01-2009, 06:01 PM

Jeancarl is on a distinguished road

many thanks for this link
Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 PM

totach7 is on a distinguished road
Default IDF Armor and tank corps History and background

visit
Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlovier View Post
Jewish ties to Israel before the formation of the Zionist movement
Salam alecum I am a Bedui from gallil my grandfather told me he knew jews who lived near sefat in the 1920s who were old men at the time and were born in the area. So at least in the mid 1800s there were jews there.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Arrow The IDF's remote controlled D-9, used a lot in the Gaza Strip.

The IDF's remote controlled D-9, used a lot in the Gaza Strip.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has a special robotics unit of its engineering corps that is responsible for the operation of InRob Tech's D9 bulldozer. The remotely controlled armored D9 is being used in sensitive operations and border locations where human lives are in danger, for such tasks as clearing landmines, mounting sand barriers, building fortifications, and opening routes to armored fighting vehicles and infantry.

Ben Tsur Joseph, InRob Tech's CEO, says "We are pleased to have completed our first sale of the remote control system for D9 after finishing the trials. It is a vote of confidence of the IDF in our capabilities to produce superb quality in such a complex application. Having made this sale to the IDF gives us the endorsement we need to market the D9 bulldozer to militaries around the world."

For example, the U.S. Army has purchased several D9 armor kits from Israel and used them to produce similarly fortified D9s. They have been successfully put to use for similar purposes both in the Gulf War and in Iraq. This gives InRob further reason to be optimistic on the development of this market.

The first system was developed under contract for approximately $170,000 and it is expected that follow up orders will be made in the coming months at a unit price of over $100,000.

The Caterpillar D9 is a large track-type tractor (commonly referred to as a bulldozer) designed and manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The D9, with 410hp of gross power and an operating weight of 53.8 tons, is in the upper end of Caterpillar's track-type tractors. The size, durability, reliability, and low operating costs have made the D9 one of the most popular large track-type tractors in the world.

The D9 is most commonly found in use in construction, forestry, mining, waste, and quarry operations. In military situations, D9s have been successfully used for digging moats, clearing terrain obstacles and engineering tasks, and have also been used to clear landmine fields and booby-trapped areas.

"The armored D9 is already in use by the IDF, providing armor protection to the vehicle's external hydraulics and operator cabin. Supplementing the D9 with a remote-control unit is another step forward in protecting D9 operators and soldiers," notes Nissim Halabi, General Manager of InRob.

About InRob Tech
InRob Tech is a Nevada-based high-tech company with a wholly owned subsidiary in Israel, specializing in the planning, manufacturing and service support of advanced wireless and remote control systems, operating all types of robots and other vehicles. The Company is a leader in its field, and supports the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces), Israeli police, and other military and civilian companies dealing with security. Founded in 1988, the Company works closely with other high-tech companies to provide the most advanced and comprehensive UGV solutions to the market.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/IDF-Caterpillar-D9

The Israeli Engineering Corps is using the D9 for a wide variety of engineering tasks: digging moats, clearing mines, mounting sand barriers and building fortifications, as well as clearing terrain obstacles and opening routes to Armored fighting vehicles. On Yom Kippur War the D9s took part in the breaching of the Suez Canal, enabling Israeli forces to go through the canal and surround the Egyptian 3rd Army. In the northern front - an Israeli D9, who opened a route to elite infantry forces, was the first motorized vehicle to reach the heighest peak of Mount Hermon. One of the D9's primary roles is to clear landmine fields and booby-trapped areas. The heavy armor installed by the IDF allows the D9s to work under heavy fire in dangerous battle-zones and resist mine blasts. The Israeli armor kit has proven to be effective, as no D9 operator was killed during the 4-year long al-Aqsa Intifada.

The Israeli armored D9, a.k.a Duby (lit. teddy bear) has also been used in standoff situations with armed opponents barricaded in buildings, usually rigged with explosives and booby-traps, when no hostages are present. In order not to risk Israeli soldiers, the D9 shakes the house until the barricaded gunmen surrender. After the building is evacuated, the D9 razes the structure in order to detonate and bury any explosives that remain inside. This method was also employed in Jenin during Operation Defensive Shield after 13 Israeli soldiers were killed in an ambush, resulting in the surrender of dozens of gunmen without further Israeli casualties. In Hebron, the IDF used the armored D9 to stop the local Hamas leader, Bassal Qawasameh, whose forces shot at the D9, but he was killed when the D9 collapsed the house where he was hiding. The year after, Imad Qawasameh surrendered to IDF forces, after a D9 started demolishing his house.

Armored D9 bulldozers are routinely employed in the Gaza strip as well. Their main tasks there are to detonate large explosive charges (such as improvised anti-tank landmines,booby traps and IEDs) and clear safe paths for IDF armored fighting vehicles and troops. The D9s also demolish houses and clear shrubbery that the opposition can use as shooting or bombing cover. The D9s are an essential tool in the IDF campaign against smuggling tunnels in Rafah, which are used by militants to smuggle weapons, persons and contraband. Armored D9 bulldozers have demolished many structures in Rafah during battles with militants and operations to uncover smuggling tunnels. The destruction of hundreds of structures in Rafah is a highly controversial issue: the Israeli Defense Forces claims that the destruction of buildings and tunnels is a security necessity and that most houses destroyed were used for terrorist activity; Palestinians claim the destruction has left thousands of people homeless and is done systematically in order to create a cleared "buffer zone" between Rafah and Philadelphi Route.

Human Rights Watch published a report (http://www.hrw.org/campaigns/gaza) criticizing the mass demolition in Rafah. It claims to refute many of the IDF's justifications for destructive policies carried out by D9s. For example, it has claimed that tunnels (http://www.hrw.org/reports/2004/rafa...m#_Toc84676183) in Rafah are being used as a pretext to demolish homes in order to create a "buffer zone" -- instead of using available and effective technologies to neutralize tunnels where they cross the border, the IDF is undertaking unnecessary and highly destructive incursions into the camp. HRW's report also demonstrates that extensive destruction of roads (http://www.hrw.org/reports/2004/rafa...m#_Toc84676206), water, and sewage networks by D9 bulldozers makes no sense as an antimine technique, as most of the destruction is wrought using the rear blade of the bulldozer, which would do nothing to protect bulldozers from IEDs. Rather, the destruction of roads appears to be punitive and illegal. HRW has called on Caterpillar to suspend sales of D9s and related parts and services to the IDF as long as illegal demolitions continue. The Israeli position regarding operation Rainbow (http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/mfaarchive...to%20terrorism) described Rafah as "Gateway to terrorism". The IDF stressed that "... the IDF traditionally does its utmost to avoid harming the civilian population. It employs infantry forces whenever possible – as opposed to air or artillery strikes – to minimize the possibility of doing unintentional harm. At times, this humanitarian concern comes at the price of risking the lives of soldiers – two of whom were killed last week by Palestinian snipers while helping an elderly woman get food" and claimed that most demolition are carried out against houses which are used by terrorists to shot at IDF forces, and were approved by the Israeli Supreme Court of Justice: "Even though these demolitions were the direct result of terrorist activity – and were thus the responsibility of the terrorists themselves – 46 Palestinian families involved exercised their right to appeal the demolitions to Israel’s High Court of Justice this week. In ruling to allow the demolitions, the court noted that they were permissible due to the overriding need to protect the lives of Israelis."

D9s also took part in demolition of houses of suicide bombers. According to the IDF, the policy of destroying the homes of Palestinian suicide bombers has been established in response to terror groups, backed by countries such as Iran, Saudi Arabia and Saddam Hussain's Iraq, offering monetary rewards to Palestinian families who have family members die as suicide bombers. Destroying those homes removes monetary gain as a motive to kill. The house demolition role has been executed with much success by D9s, excavators, and the Israeli Engineering Corps demolition experts.

Both military armored D9s and civilian non-armored D9s are being used by Israel's Ministry of Defense in the building of the Israeli West Bank barrier. The main D9 contributions to the project are earthmoving and soil-leveling, clearing a path for the security fence, and digging trenches in front of the security fence.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 PM

ROCKEYE is on a distinguished road

PAPAROCK: Great tool for urban redevelopment!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Exclamation

Made in Israel

Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Gold Member

milluim is on a distinguished road

nice video as always papa rock
i like the picture at the end

did anyone else notice the f15 at 1.49 seconds the take off angle looked very tight the tail is almost hitting the ground.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Dragon

joejd12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
Salam alecum I am a Bedui from gallil my grandfather told me he knew jews who lived near sefat in the 1920s who were old men at the time and were born in the area. So at least in the mid 1800s there were jews there.
well my family on one side has continuously lived in Israel for 11 generations (me being the 11th) so yah, Jews have been living there for a very long time...
Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 PM

alex_champ is on a distinguished road

Hi guys I'm new here, just have a question in regards with Israeli weapons. Did they even use knives in the military way back then? Are there any antique military knives on sale from Israel? TIA
Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_champ View Post
Hi guys I'm new here, just have a question in regards with Israeli weapons. Did they even use knives in the military way back then? Are there any antique military knives on sale from Israel? TIA
Welcome to the board.

Could you be more specific in your question?

To us, "back then" means you're asking if Judah Macabee used
swords. And of course the answer is yes.

Interesting thought, but if history is consistent, they were probably supplied by the lowest bidder too.
Israel Forum