Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > World News > Israel
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Happy 24th Birthday Gilad Shalit!

Would like to wish Gilad Shalit a Happy 24th Birthday today. This is the 5th birthday he has spent as a hostage of Hamas in Gaza. He has already spent over 4 years as a hostage. Please send a prayer or good thought
for him and his family!

May HaShem bless him!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Gold Member

milluim is on a distinguished road

Happy birthday Gilad I hope life is bearable whereever you are I hope the state will give you the birthday present you deserve and bring you home.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Retired
Photobucket

odie072 is on a distinguished road

I don't know what to say but to echo what has already been said. Happy Birthday Soldier. May your next one be at home with your family and friends.

odie072
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Dragon

Zeus is on a distinguished road

Yom huledet semeach,, v'mazal tov.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Dragon

grgnkat is on a distinguished road

Happy birthday Gilad and bless you.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:22 AM

gedalya is on a distinguished road

Is he still alive to this day?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:29 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedalya View Post
Is he still alive to this day?
As far as we know yes he is still alive.

And still a hostage, I say hostage because when he was taken, there wasnt a war raging, nor was he captured in a battle field, he was abducted while he was patrolling the Israeli border, so he isnt a prisoner, or prisoner of war, but a hostage of a recognized Iran backed palestinian terrorist group called Hamas.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 05-28-2011, 06:50 PM

Israeliman is on a distinguished road

All of Israel and the world is thinking of you and praying for your safe return home to your family.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough

If I was Israel, I would snatch one or more of the top Hamas scum terrorist leaders, and then offer a swap.

It will be very interesting to find out 'where', and in 'which' country, Gilad is being illegally held.

Like everyone on this Forum I wish Gilad a Happy Birthday and a safe return to his loved ones and his beloved country of Israel.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road
Default worth reading !

What are the thoughts of Israel's younger generation as they themselves prepare to enter the IDF? Gilad is in the news daily, and suddenly the concept of "leave no man behind" is no longer an abstract for that day far off when they put the uniform on themselves.

Surprising statements from an impressive generation and it's view on serving it's nation:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/144584

Soldiers-to-Be: No Terror Swap for Us

by Maayana Miskin

Dozens of young soldiers-to-be from the Eitan military preparation program (mechina) have informed the government that if they are taken captive, they do not want to be freed at the price of releasing dangerous terrorists. Wearing T-shirt bearing the logo, “We love Gilad,” the youth have set out for a five-day march from Jerusalem to Gaza to spread their message.

They began their journey at the Har Herzl military cemetery in Jerusalem, where they stopped to remember the fallen soldiers and to say a prayer for Gilad Shalit's freedom.

They plan to proceed to the Erez checkpoint outside Gaza, where they will call not to bargain for captive soldiers in a manner that undermines security.

One young man explained, “We are not yet in the army. We've never been in captivity. But specifically now, when we aren't yet in uniform, we are ready to make the commitment that if G-d forbid we are taken captive, we do not want them to free us in a way that would hurt national security.”

Student Liel Homiansky said he had received support from his father, a former prisoner of Zion, and another man who had been jailed by the Soviet Union. Both told him that while they were in prison, “With their whole hearts, they would never have agreed to be released if in exchange any Zionist principle would be endangered. Not even a security risk, but something like delaying aliya [immigration].”

Their support gave him the confidence to agree wholeheartedly that he does not want terrorists freed on his behalf, Homiansky said. He, along with dozens of others, signed a petition to that effect.

Students said they support the Shalit family, and want to see Gilad Shalit brought home as quickly as possible. “This is the most unifying point in this generation,” one said. “All of us want Gilad to return home safely – in an honorable way.”
Hamas has demanded the release of more than 1,000 terrorists in exchange for Shalit's freedom, and some senior military officials say meeting the demand would lead to more murders.
Efforts have been made around the world on behalf of Shalit: pro-Israel activists created a "Free Gilad flotilla" in New York, governments have called to worsen conditions for terrorists, Psalms have been recited worldwide and senior leaders including U.S. President Barack Obama have called for the young soldier's freedom. However, Shalit's captors continue to hold him incommunicado. He is assumed to be alive and in Gaza.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Retired
Photobucket

G_d Bless everyone of them!! This is why Israel will never fall, National Pride means something to them. This is what Honor is all about!

Nothing I could say would do them justice, just a Memorial Day prayer, that another generation won't have to go through what their Father's and Mother's have gone through. If that be not the case, then a prayer for the continued Strength, to do what is right in the face of overwhelming odds. For all of our "G_d Fearing" Countries.

Amen

odie
That might of been the sad end of the story. But Nemo refused to give in without a fight. Ignoring his serious head wound, the 85 pound dog threw himself at the Vietcong guerrillas who had opened fire. Nemo's ferocious attack brought Thorneburg the time he needed to call in backup forces.

Although severely wounded, Nemo crawled to his master and covered him with his body.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Nazgul Killer is on a distinguished road

Warms my heart to read those sort of stuff, and as a soldier myself I must say that I would never want my country to trade any terrorist for me. I'd rather suffer my entire life than have the people I care about suffer for one moment.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 AM

AlexHamburg is on a distinguished road

Anyhow, hope, Gilad Shalit is still alive and that he can go home after this long time in prison.

One of the most important hamas leaders should be taken into prison, to swap Gilad Shalit against this leader.

4 years is a damn long long time, terrible to think about it, to be in the hands of the mad hamas terrorists for such a long time, its a terrible terrible nightmare.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Retired
Photobucket

Would like to wish Gilad Shilat a Happy 25th Birthday. Yet another(6th) year as being held hostage by the lowly terrorist scum. Gilad, you are in our daily thoughts and prayers that your captivity is soon at an end and you are reunited with your family and friends.

Sholom Aleichem(peace be with you)

odie

Old 05-25-2015, 05:54 PM

MannyT is on a distinguished road

Happy Birthday soldier, stay strong and remain faithful that Israel will get you back to your home and family.
Israel Forum