Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Navy Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navy Forum Israeli Navy discussion, submarines, frigates and Israeli naval forces + Navy's from other nations.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Dragon

hworta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham View Post
Iran can have a failure rate of 99%, and the 5 speedboats that would get through would be enough to give the US Navy a black eye. The Iranians will not attack the US Navy in the Indian Ocean. The will attack in the more confinded waters of the Gulf. Do something like a Death Ride against the US carriers with what they have left of an airforce. In hopes of drawing air support and air cover from an indivigual ship off the Iranian coast. Then launch their speedboats in hopes of overhelming one ship. The Iranians thinking that sinking one ship would be enough to cause the American public to call for an end to attacks since they have show the US Navy is "vulnerable".
The thing is that the US Navy may not commit they ships to just a few miles off the Iranian coast in the case of a raid. The Iranian's can not go charging accross the Gulf without being shot like fish in a barrel. They need the Americans to accomadate them by moving to just off the Iranian coast. As they would have to if it was a true invassion.
Just like terror attacks on land, the Iranian's only have to be lucky once. And we in the West have to be vigilant all the time in the area if there is conflict.

The Navy admiral in the persian gulf if an O10 can goto war, then tell the president the nation is at war after the fact. The Iranians would sink a few ships but wouldnt have no home to go back to.

Last edited by hworta; 04-28-2007 at 05:26 PM..
Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Dragon

hworta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
ah, I love that answer. I love an army or a navy who simply says: Because I can. Reminds me of an exercise a long time ago in Germany where I had a couple of tanks run over an enemy position in a move that was outside of traditional tactics. When another officer asked me why I did that I answered: why not? We can do it.

American armed forces always should be in such a position. We should never let our our politicians put us in a position that we have to say: sorry, we can't.

BTW, did you read today that the former head of the Iraqi army said, the reason Iraq's army was overrun so quickly was that they were not prepared because they never expected us to be able to attack as forcefully as we did. Hehe. We did it because we could.

One deadman quote " it doesnt help reading an American military strategy book because Americans rarely follow their own strategies."

Best yet the reason why America wins so many wars " War is chaos and Americans aremasters of chaos"
Old 04-28-2007, 12:29 PM

Drago is on a distinguished road

Why is this even a question? Obviously Iran would get their party rocked by the US. It's a joke to think otherwise.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 AM

jenzenk is on a distinguished road

The biggest threat Iran has, and will always use, is to shut down the Strait of Hormuz to commercial shipping. This will demonstrate their "immense global power".

Of course this will work to some extent... commercial ships don't get paid to go into harms way... we do!

Iran has TONS of warships of various sizes, just take a look at Bandar Abbas and all the other port facilities along the Gulf coast on Google Earth.

They can throw tons of hardware at us and then it becomes a rattle battle of attrition. Like Birmingham said, "they only have to get lucky once" and it'll inflict casualties, which gut the American public in a heart beat. My fellow countrymen don't have any courage for any kind of long battle. Sometimes I think they have the memory span of a goldfish!

Could we win in a naval battle with Iran? Absolutely! Skill and training will eventually win, but there would undoubtedly be some serious casualties and maybe a ship or two in the muck on the bottom of the Gulf.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Gold Member

Topmaul is on a distinguished road

If Iran shut down the straits there would be WARSHIPS from around the world to re-open it, not just American Warships because it is in every one's best interest to keep the oil flowing. Can you imagen the Armada that would be formed?
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Gold Member

*titanium* is on a distinguished road

Iran would be stupid to close it, they relli on it more than anyone! For a start they dont refine oil, so not only does their oil export travle along it, but so does their petrolium imports! Infact most of their trade does, they would be hurt most by it.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

Black_Hour is on a distinguished road

US Navy will murder the iranian Navy .
US can Destroy iran very Easily..
but the Problem is that in this case iran will start Gurilla war and will use Oil as weapon.

Last edited by Black_Hour; 05-10-2007 at 11:17 PM..
Old 05-25-2007, 11:22 AM

Sardukar is on a distinguished road
Default Iraninan Naval Air Support

What kind of naval air support does Iran have? Won't that really effect the outcome of a naval battle?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 PM

davoodii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
It is much the same situation when comparing Irans airforce also.

Can you just picture Irans old Phantoms F-4's going against F/A-18's

you stupid jews, you all thing you are the greatest huh? biggerst?
dont compare iraq with iran my friend.

Myself im not supporting the goverment in iran, i hate it.
But saying "Can you just picture Irans old Phantoms F-4's going against F/A-18's"

Let me tell you something, the airplan hasnt nothing to do with it, its the PILOT , the iranian pilot you should be awear of, our war with iraq was for 8 long years, russia, europa the US stood behind iraq, gave them the most modern plans, but they couldnt handle it, iran with its old plans got up there , did what he suppose to do and got back without a scrath.

Let isreal attack iran , you all will see, dont sitt here in this forum and talk so much bull****..my advice to you my friend;)
Old 06-07-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Naval Air Power

Then again, the U.S. would probably only need air power to take on the Iranian navy, especially when you consider the use of AWACS, technological superiority, and better training. When was the last time Iran fought in the air after the Iran-Iraq War?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardukar View Post
Then again, the U.S. would probably only need air power to take on the Iranian navy, especially when you consider the use of AWACS, technological superiority, and better training. When was the last time Iran fought in the air after the Iran-Iraq War?

Then again , im against the regime in Iran.
But dont underrestimate iranian military, even though they havt the best navy in the world, they do OVER the best with it. They are crazy, so dont **** with Iran.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Gold Member

dzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davoodii View Post
Then again , im against the regime in Iran.
But dont underrestimate iranian military, even though they havt the best navy in the world, they do OVER the best with it. They are crazy, so dont **** with Iran.
Calm down mate, don't lose your temper , You can be banned for violeting forum rules !! From your speach i would say you are Persian,making nuke and give them to others to trow Jews at the sea is bad, isn't it ?! Is there anway that you can give us proof that A'jad is building power plant for civil purposes or to make nuke? !

Last edited by dzone; 06-09-2007 at 10:40 PM..
Old 06-10-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
Calm down mate, don't lose your temper , You can be banned for violeting forum rules !! From your speach i would say you are Persian,making nuke and give them to others to trow Jews at the sea is bad, isn't it ?! Is there anway that you can give us proof that A'jad is building power plant for civil purposes or to make nuke? !
what is the diffrence between iranian and persian? non..its the same.
And im not losing my temper=) . I never said A'jad is building power plant for civilian purposes. A'jad and his crew is not really intressted in nukes, they want the world to be afraid of Iran. So they can do what ever they want to do INSIDE iran. Iran will never do a **** against usa or isreal unless one of you start the war. The iranian regime wants to make their own "lifes" longer thruw the nuklear program. So dont make it such a big issue.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davoodii View Post
what is the diffrence between iranian and persian? non..its the same.
And im not losing my temper=) . I never said A'jad is building power plant for civilian purposes. A'jad and his crew is not really intressted in nukes, they want the world to be afraid of Iran. So they can do what ever they want to do INSIDE iran. Iran will never do a against usa or isreal unless
Well, of course there is no deffernce betivene Iranian or Persian yet i prefer to say Persians ! Secound I won't attack your country as i am nether American or Israeli, but i really don't like Mr. A'jad sponsoring Hezbollah and willlingness to share nuclear stuff with Arab counties !!

P.S. i have question this is not privocation i heard that if you won't to get married in Iran you have to give 4kg of gold to brides family is that true or not?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Bride Price

The bride price varies with the couple in question. The whole point of it is to compensate the bride's family for the loss of the girl. The bride price itself is agreed upon. In many rural areas, the bride price covers the cost of the wedding itself. There are social and economic factors to consider as well. Not everyone in Iran could afford 80,000 USD woth of gold, and the bride price could be paid with other valuable merchandise.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardukar View Post
The bride price varies with the couple in question. The whole point of it is to compensate the bride's family for the loss of the girl. The bride price itself is agreed upon. In many rural areas, the bride price covers the cost of the wedding itself. There are social and economic factors to consider as well. Not everyone in Iran could afford 80,000 USD woth of gold, and the bride price could be paid with other valuable merchandise.
Thanks Sardukar !
Old 06-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road

he he he :)

Tomahawk cruise missiles.

I think that sums this battle up. You can fire those puppies at over 100 nautical miles out and never be on Iranian radar or sonar.

US Navy to win and own without a scratch on her.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
he he he :)

Tomahawk cruise missiles.

I think that sums this battle up. You can fire those puppies at over 100 nautical miles out and never be on Iranian radar or sonar.

US Navy to win and own without a scratch on her.
It is pice a cake to shut down Tomahawk, AA from my country lost count how many we shut down over Serbia in 1999 !!

Last edited by dzone; 06-12-2007 at 08:59 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Dragon

Archangel is on a distinguished road

Well there is a missile on most ships that are pretty much the standard to be equipped with besides the tomahawk, it in it's self is an insanely long range antiship missile.

I forgot it's name though.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

The U.S is stronger than Iran, even thou Iran thinks it will soon become as strong as the U.S. The day Iran attacks U.S. forces that day the U.S. will have to crush the Iranians until the mullahs will crawl for forgiveness from the U.S.! And if the mullahs don't crawl we should send them to Gitmo and make them beg!!!! God bless the U.S and Israel and all thier friends !!!!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum
Closed Thread