Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > World News > Europe
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Europe News from the European continent.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:26 PM

psyops is on a distinguished road
Default French President Nicolas Sarkozy

I searched the www.israelmilitary.net web board and didn't find much biographical information on new French President Nicolas Sarkozy. Awhile back, Raanan Eliaz wrote an interesting piece for the Jewish World Review on Sarkozy's distinguished Jewish ancestry (though Sarkozy professes to be Christian). I thought this might be of interest here:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0507/sarkozy.php3
Old 07-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Default Sarkozy: Trust Arabs with Nukes

Wow. Just ... wow. Nicolas Sarkozy is indeed very different from Jacques Chirac — he’s even worse. He’s made a nuclear deal with Libya, and apparently intends to do the same with other Arab countries. Sarkozy: Trust Arabs with nukes.

Now we know the price for freeing those foreign medics: a nuclear reactor.
TRIPOLI, Libya (Reuters) — After agreeing to nuclear cooperation with Libya, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said the West should trust Arab states to develop such technology for peaceful purposes or risk a war of civilizations.
Sarkozy said preventing Arab states from developing nuclear power risked stoking a “war of civilizations.”

France agreed on Wednesday to help Libya develop a nuclear reactor to supply drinking water from desalinated sea water. The reactor might be supplied by French atomic energy firm Areva. Sarkozy told reporters in Libya that to consider the Arab world “is not sensible enough to use civilian nuclear power” would, in the long run, risk a “war of civilizations”.
“Nuclear power is the energy of the future,” he said. “If we don’t give the energy of the future to the countries of the southern Mediterranean, how will they develop themselves? And if they don’t develop, how will we fight terrorism and fanaticism?”
In what universe does it make sense to say, “We need to trust their peaceful intentions, or they’ll declare war on us?”
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Gold Member

Cougar is on a distinguished road

LOL

People need to understand that any Frenchman, and especially any French president, will first of all be French.

While Chirac was probably worse than Sarkozy, they both are French. That means they love to make deals with muslims, no matter how stupid and self-destroying those deals might turn out to be in the end. The French supported Nasser, Chomeini, Arafat, Saddam and probably every other monster in the world.

That said, why should we be surprised? One only needs to look at the many dealings going on every day with Iran to see that Europeans have no moral compass. In this regard they turn out to be the real capitalists Lenin was talking about when he said "the capitalists will sell us the rope on which we will hang them."

Today Lenin would say: "The Europeans sell the muslims the nuclear technology with which the muslims will bomb them tomorrow."
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 PM

psyops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
Wow. Just ... wow. Nicolas Sarkozy is indeed very different from Jacques Chirac — he’s even worse. He’s made a nuclear deal with Libya, and apparently intends to do the same with other Arab countries. Sarkozy: Trust Arabs with nukes.

Now we know the price for freeing those foreign medics: a nuclear reactor.
TRIPOLI, Libya (Reuters) — After agreeing to nuclear cooperation with Libya, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said the West should trust Arab states to develop such technology for peaceful purposes or risk a war of civilizations.
Sarkozy said preventing Arab states from developing nuclear power risked stoking a “war of civilizations.”
France agreed on Wednesday to help Libya develop a nuclear reactor to supply drinking water from desalinated sea water. The reactor might be supplied by French atomic energy firm Areva. Sarkozy told reporters in Libya that to consider the Arab world “is not sensible enough to use civilian nuclear power” would, in the long run, risk a “war of civilizations”.
“Nuclear power is the energy of the future,” he said. “If we don’t give the energy of the future to the countries of the southern Mediterranean, how will they develop themselves? And if they don’t develop, how will we fight terrorism and fanaticism?”
In what universe does it make sense to say, “We need to trust their peaceful intentions, or they’ll declare war on us?”
In other words you’re saying third world countries provided nuclear reactors by France, might do the same thing Israel did when France provided its first nuclear reactor on the promise Israel would only use it for peaceful intentions?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 PM

Bert is on a distinguished road

I don't think Gaddafi's going to be any worry to Israel - he just dismantled his damn WMD program before anyone even knew he had it. He's done arming foreign groups, exporting weapons and doctrines, he's realised it doesn't work. Now he's just trying to put himself in a position of power in Africa, which is going quite well - Gaddafi couldn't care less about the ME or the pathetic 'Palestinian problem' - it's out of his world now.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Gold Member

Cougar is on a distinguished road

I agree, I think Gaddafi really has become mellow and wants to stay out of the middle east mess. I think he rather wants to retire rich and in peace like his royal Saudi brethren.

But such a nuclear reactor will still be there after Gaddafi. As Pakistan's nuclear bombs will still be there after Musharav.

And we don't know who will be in power after those two leaders. That is my worry.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 AM

Bert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
I agree, I think Gaddafi really has become mellow and wants to stay out of the middle east mess. I think he rather wants to retire rich and in peace like his royal Saudi brethren.

But such a nuclear reactor will still be there after Gaddafi. As Pakistan's nuclear bombs will still be there after Musharav.

And we don't know who will be in power after those two leaders. That is my worry.
Gaddafi's son is being groomed to take over. He's even more mellow than his father nowadays.

Libya doesn't have much of a resistance movement, it consists mostly of expats who now live in countries with freedom of speech. The populace is kept content by his tossing of oil money on government health and education programs - not that it's so damn good, but it's Africa-excellent.

Pakistan on the other hand is volatile - even Musharraf is an extremist idiot who speaks with two tongues, vowing to destroy islamists in one second and striking deals with the Taliban in the next. The islamists have control over border regions and northern parts of Pakistan - Musharraf doesn't care. And there's no hope for a better leader once he resigns, willingly or unwillingly.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:31 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

I must say that actually the future will proove that Sarkozy is much better than Chirac. However in this case Sarkozy is a complete Idiot, ban me if you will for that harsh word but its true!
Y'all must know however this deal was struck before Sarkozy came to power,yes Chirac was involved but actually it was approved between the U.S. and Libya! Bush not learning from a similar deal Bill Clinton had done with North Korea! The U.S. U.K. and France struck this deal,as usual the U.S. does not want to look bad so like during the Iran-Iraq war it was Germany and the UK who sold WMD to Saddam, and the U.S looks clean!
Now its Frances turn!
An American airliner Pan Am, over the U.K. blown down by Libya,a french UTA airliner forgotten by 3 countries ready to sell thier SOULS for Oil!
I love the U.S. and still have faith that the U.S despite failings is one of the cleaner countries in this crooked world, but some, like Bush is not learning lessons and that ****es me off!

Did you know the Brits are giving Libya nightvision technology,as an exchange for Libyas "cooperation"!
How dumb can people be!

God forgive America we are still the one of the only countries with Israel (And even the loyal Brits and Aussies and a few others) who dares and sacrifice our lives for freedom and Liberty!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum