Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Global Military > Middle East
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Middle East Military news from the Middle Eastern countries.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Dragon

Rascal is on a distinguished road
Default Iran in Iraq

http://www.iraqirabita.org/english/i...article&id=755

Iraqi Resistance captures Al-Mahdy militiaman with Iranian made telecom equipment and ammunitions - Photo Report
IL Correspondent in Diyala :: 2006-10-12 ::

Views ( 197 )

Translation was kindly provided by Mr Nashwabn Abd, a professional Arabic>English translator: nashwan.abd@gmail.com
---------------------

Several days ago, Al-Mahdy militiamen came from Al-Thawra district and the surrounding districts in Baghdad to rush madly upon attacking Khan Bany Saad Village, Diyala Governorate East of Baghdad.

The villagers immediately sent an SOS to their brotherly resistance fighters to topple this cowardly assault.

In fact, it did not take the Resistence more than half an hour to mobilize from all directions. While Al-Mahdy militiamen were besieging the village and heavily pounding them with different types of rockets and mortar guns, the Resistence fighters had tightened on the assailants and a fierce fighting erupted between the two sides.

The Resistence fighters killed around 20 militiamen and the remaining fleed the scene with the support of a conspiring police unit who helped them retreat to Baghdad.

What is new this time is that the Resistence fighters succeeded in arresting one of the assailants with a telecom device. Hence they decided to gather the littering fragments of the mortar projectiles and also a Katyusha rocket that did not explode.

This action resulted in the following findings:

1- A telecom device composes of a full modern brand-new telecom system pertains to the Iranian Ministry of Defence and provides a direct communication from the scene with a set-up system in Iran (see photo below).

2- An 81 mm Iranian-made mortar projectiles, produced in the year 2005 and they are the same specifically used by the Iranian forces (see photo below). It is worth noting that the former Iraqi army used an 82 mm mortar gun.

3- An Iranian-made Katyusha rocket that has recently been produced in Iran (see photo below).

Old 10-14-2006, 10:46 PM

Snir is on a distinguished road

And this should be suprising because of? the only thing that kept Iran in silence in gaining super power mode in the ME was Iraq and Saddam, Saddam has been kicked out and now Iran is free to engage Israel and the US, its in their best interests to be involved in what happens in Iraq... the only reason i think they didnt provide anti tank missiles to the so called "Resistance" is that it can be tracked to Iran.. so they will aid the millitias there with intelligence.. information... you wont see any Iranian fighting there, its not wise, they will use Iraqis and other arabic Muslims to inflict casualties, if the US leaves now before all things are stable... a civil war will break and Iran will push in to gain controll and influence on the oil fields... meanning they will controll like what, 25%+- of the world oil reserves? add to that nuclear weapons and they will become a super power, atleast in ME terms.. 70 millions population, huge naturall resources, strong army, and long and proud Persian history... how are they going to hash US withdrawll? human casualties, the West is sensitive to that... inflict as much casualties to human lives, soldiers and back in home more people will demand to return the troops home.

if the terrorists in Iraq had the same weapons Hezbollah had.. you would see way more burned APCs and Abraham tanks in Iraq, Hezbollah had sophisticiated anti tank missiles, bunkers with ventilation, intelligence gathering from Iran and Syria, thousands of rockets including those GPS guided Zilzals.. heck, they had night vision scopes from the UK, supplied to good old Iran, the average Hezbollah man wasnt that under geared compared to the average Israeli soldier.. the Shiats and Suniis in Iraq arent equiped that way.. yet :P.

George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."
Old 10-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Dragon

Rascal is on a distinguished road

Iran is very sensitive about "proof" of involvement,like you said.The British have run into some of this Iran tech also in the form of laser detination shaped charges.

Iran is being very sneeky and quietly infultrating all offices of Iraqi affairs.

I will go out on a limb and say Iraq might have achived a much better form of stability if not for Iranian policy to keep the US bogged down and keep Iraq as unsucessefull as possible.They need better neibours that don't want to push another Islamic revolution on them.

You know the sad part is that sunni and shia actually got along under Saddam.And they were more secular based than they are now.As soon as the Shia get in charge the legal system goes down the tubes.

Last edited by Rascal; 10-15-2006 at 12:00 AM..
Old 10-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road

I'm not surprised, all the storys my buddy in the airforce tells me when he was in Iraq is a lot of stuff I'm surprised not tons of people know yet. He was telling me how they were near the Syrian border and the Syrians were just standing there with weapons in hand ready to attack but didn't do anything. He's said some things about Iranians being involved, and I have heard rumours Israelis are in Iraq as well though I can't confirm it.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 PM

horatiusatthebridge is on a distinguished road

Wow, imagine that! The Iranians stirring things up in Iraq! What a surprise!

Horatius