Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Navy Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navy Forum Israeli Navy discussion, submarines, frigates and Israeli naval forces + Navy's from other nations.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:42 PM

mattpaws is on a distinguished road
Default Royal Navy

The uk navy is set to loose more ships while waiting for new ships to be built the ships the new ones are set to replace will be taken out of service before the new ones are ready so we will be left with a dinghy and a broken paddle to fight with. The men and women of the royal navy are once again being *&$^* by the goverment.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:05 AM

jay is on a distinguished road

not to worry,everybody's being stitched up by blair.look on the bright side things will get worse under gordan brown!!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:19 PM

mattpaws is on a distinguished road
Default Royal Navy

That is true it will get worse i dont think we will be left with anything

Last edited by mattpaws; 01-19-2007 at 09:21 PM..
Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 AM

Augustus is on a distinguished road

How long till the next election? Are the Conservatives any better?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
How long till the next election? Are the Conservatives any better?
next year i think,or anytime now for a snap election and no the conservatives under cameron will probably be worse! cameron's idea to combat terrorism is to go and live with muslims for a week to see their point of view!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 AM

Bad luck eh? Perhaps the RN should be building some more aircraft carriers, the RAN should be building some aircraft carriers, but opted for some sort of amphibious assault ship...
Old 07-31-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
Bad luck eh? Perhaps the RN should be building some more aircraft carriers, the RAN should be building some aircraft carriers, but opted for some sort of amphibious assault ship...
we supposed to be getting 2 by 2012 but i don't know what they'll be flying off them yet
Old 07-31-2007, 07:54 AM

Yeah, I was listening to an interesting interview on the radio, some American guy saying we (Australia) need to be building aircraft carriers. but I don't think that we have enough manpower in the ADF to maintain such a ship. Instead the ADF bought some sort of assault boat, we even have the naval fighters (hornets, super hornets) to fly off aircraft carriers, but no carrier... The RN is obviously much further ahead than us with two carrier groups if I remember right. Its too bad that the RN's prestige and capability is diminshed by politicians
Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 AM

politicians have always been the bane of the military,just look what happened with the TSR2 project -cancelled because they thought that missiles would be better then they ordered the F111 and then cancelled that !!!! the TSR2 was way ahead of the rest of the field and would still be in service today probably
Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 AM

The RAAF use the F111, I remember reading somewhere that refitting them caused brain damage to groundcrew members. They are being replaced with the super hornets, I haven't really heard much about TSR2, but I had a look and found a neat quote...

"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR-2 simply got the first three right." - Sir Sidney Camm.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Gold Member

shelory is on a distinguished road

the RAAF is thinking of getting the F-35's or the typhoon.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelory View Post
the RAAF is thinking of getting the F-35's or the typhoon.
i think the brits have signed up to the F-35 but i'm not sure thats for the new carriers,i know their for replacing the harriers but the sea harrier i'm not so sure
Old 08-01-2007, 08:24 AM

yeah the f-35's are going to be used on the new Queen Elizabeth Class carriers the RN is building, I think the carriers are much larger than the old carriers the RN has, but nothing compared to the Gerald Ford Class, that the US are building.
Israel Forum