Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Debate Social & Political Issues
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Debate Social & Political Issues Debate Social and political discussion about Israel/Palestinians, the Middle east or world politics.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough
Default Zionist Leader Slams ‘Lie’ that Jerusalem is Holy to Muslims

United with Israel

Zionist Leader Slams ‘Lie’ that Jerusalem is Holy to Muslims

Mar 16, 2018

Morton Klein, president of the Zionist Organization of America, says it’s time to end the “lie” that Jerusalem is holy to Muslims.

Addressing a gala in New York City, Morton Klein, president of the Zionist Organization of America, says it’s time to end the “lies” about the Israeli “occupation,” “settlements,” and the claim that Jerusalem is holy to Muslims.

During the Passover seder, Jews recite the Haggadah, recounting the exodus from ancient Egypt and warning that “in every generation, enemies rise up to destroy us but God saves us from them.”

Just two weeks ahead of the Passover holiday, Klein quoted the Haggadah, saying that in the end, Israel and the Jewish People will prevail.

Make sure the watch his remarks in the video below.

https://youtu.be/KPaRpZN1TZo

53 Comments
United with Israel
Recommend
Sort by Best
Join the discussion…

Esther Schrager • 17 hours ago
In the early years of Islam, Jerusalem was very specifically REJECTED as holy to Islam precisely because it was a JEWISH holy city; Muslim leaders were concerned about "Judaizing" Islam and turning Muslims away from the more important cities of Mecca and Medina. Eventually Jerusalem was accepted as a third holy city, but never with the importance of the other two.

And more significantly (IMO), the only real reason Muslims care at all about Jerusalem is to DENY the city to Jews (and/or Christians). Muslims historically did not pray for Jerusalem or about Jerusalem. THEY DID NOT CARE about Jerusalem. Not only is Jerusalem mentioned over 600 times in the Hebrew scriptures, how many times is Zion mentioned? Yehuda? Eretz Yisrael? How many times in daily prayers are these named?

The Land of Israel is not holy to Muslims and never was. As long as Muslims controlled it, they cared nothing about it. Travelers in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries report a land that was desolate and nearly empty. It was not until the Jewish waves of immigrants in the late 19th and early 20th centuries began to develop the land — to drain the swamps and irrigate the desert — that Arabs from surrounding areas also began to migrate, to take advantage of the expanding economic situation created by the Jews.

Until the '48 war, the majority of the population of the Old City of Jerusalem was JEWISH. When Jordan conquered the Old City in 1949, they expelled all the Jews ("ethnic cleansing" anyone?). They used gravestones to build latrines. They built a hotel on the cemetery of the Mount of Olives. Jews were prohibited from entering the Old City (um… "apartheid"?). But when Israel LIBERATED the Old City, they were RESPECTFUL of the mosques. They continued to allow the Wakf control of the mosques.

Islam doesn't care about Jerusalem other than to keep Jews out.

see more
•Reply•Share ›
norseman Esther Schrager • 16 hours ago
In the Bible (Old plus New Testament) the name Jerusalem is mentioned more than 800 times. Zion is mentioned 150 times, the Temple likewise: the first temple 14 times and the 2nd temple 43 times in the Old Testament; and 87 times in New Testament. Hebron is mentioned 69 times in the Old Testament. This covers a period of from 2,400 to 600 years before Islam originated.

I think Your statement about the reason for Muslims saying Jerusalem is holy to them, is totally right. It is politically convenient for them to delegitiize the Jews' bonds to the Holy Land. The same history falsifacation appears in the School books used by PA, including the UNRWA Schools! The maps show 'Palestine' from the Jordan River to the sea, With no Israel at all!! This is what pal children has learned through the last decade or decades. In the curriculum for 10th grade traditional Islamic concepts such as Jihad and martyrdom (shahadah) are used in order to give the liberation struggle a religious character. One should not be astonished why pal youth throw stones and try to bomb Jews (and themselves). They are brain-washed during School, and they are promised a very good salary from the PA.
The allegation that the settlements are the largest obstacle to peace, is a good example of the Muslim attitude of placing guilt on 'the other'. Islamic ideology is to never admit any fault; project it on someone else.

see more
•Reply•Share ›
Diana norseman • 4 hours ago
Whether you’re Jewish, Christian or Buddhist, you treat your temples and churches with respect and violence is simply not allowed in a place of worship. Watch these Muslims actually destroy furniture and carpets from the Mosque on the Temple Mount. Their lack of respect is witness to the fact that they clearly know that there is nothing holy to them and that the only reason they are holding on to that site is because they are fully aware that it is where the Jewish Temple once stood and will soon stand again. The mosque located on the Temple Mount was originally called Bayt al-Muqaddas which literally means built on the Mikdash (the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem).

•Reply•Share ›
evangeline golding Esther Schrager • 17 hours ago
Well said! I couldn't possibly agree with you more, and I'm so happy that this
gentleman has finally come out and said it! After all, it's something we've all known for decades, but no-one seems to want acknowledge. I support him, very heartily!

•Reply•Share ›
Michael Mann Esther Schrager • 16 hours ago
The everyday language of Jerusalem under Ottoman rule was Ladino, not Arabic.

•Reply•Share ›
Diana Michael Mann • 4 hours ago
Interesting. A few of my Egyptian friends speak the old Arabic.

•Reply•Share ›
lesrun5k Esther Schrager • 16 hours ago
Great post.

•Reply•Share ›
Sigmund Bloom Esther Schrager • 11 hours ago
Agree wholehardedly. The only reason muslims are still there is because Israel allowed them to come back after the '67 war. They should NEVER have been given charge of the Temple Mount; they only are there to keep Israel from building the Third Temple. There is ample room up there for the Third Temple and giving them the mount was downright stupid; as long as they are up there, the Third Temple will NEVER be built. The chief Rabbi wanted to dispose of the Al-Asqa mosque when Israel took the mount, but it was not done. I can assure you that if a Jewish Temple had been there in 1948, it would have joined the second Temple in smaller pieces (the Romans destroyed it by hand, the arabs had plenty of explosives and would not have hesitated.) I really wanted to see the Temple Mount when i visited there, but the muslims were throwing rocks at us the whole time I was in Jerusalem.

•Reply•Share ›
Mark Zanghetti Esther Schrager • 6 hours ago
Well Said and I couldn't agree more! Thanks for posting.

•Reply•Share ›
Bev Mabry Esther Schrager • 12 hours ago
I read that Islam's founder had a dream that he was in Jerusalem, hence their claiming it as holy for themselves. I personally think having a dream about a place does not qualify it as yours! After all, he never set foot in the city (or the country to my knowledge). They have two holy places - and should just bugger off about Jerusalem if you ask me!

•Reply•Share ›

Diana Bev Mabry • 4 hours ago

LOL The Quranic passage that talks about the “night journey” of Mohammad to the “farthest mosque” took place sometime in the year 621 while the mosque in Jerusalem was not built till the year 705 CE! Which means, to whichever mosque Mohammad flew, it certainly was NOT in Jerusalem!

If we were lame enough to accept the small sanctuary in Jerusalem explanation, it still does not make the City of Jerusalem holy to Muslims, but rather a small mosque that didn’t actually exist at the time either!

•Reply•Share ›
jochair • 17 hours ago
up to 1967 Arabs polluted Jerusalem, even used the wailing wall for public urination, in order to insult Jews, that shows that Jerusalem has no value for muslims and also proves Jewish ownership.Muslim thinks that by taking away all Jewish holy sites, that Jews no longer have reason to stay, On the contrary, all Arab muslims need to leave

•Reply•Share ›
Joseph Nicholas Toth Jr. jochair • 16 hours ago
I pray for that day too happen !

•Reply•Share ›
evangeline golding Joseph Nicholas Toth Jr. • 13 hours ago
Me too!

•Reply•Share ›
alpcns . jochair • 17 hours ago
Islam is as Islam does.

•Reply•Share ›
Raul Ramirez jochair • 5 hours ago
And more they play soccer, at the time of theirs prayers they give the back.
Now, if any place it's holy or sacred to anyone we wouldn't give our back.

•Reply•Share ›
alpcns . • 17 hours ago
Jerusalem is so incredibly holy and important to the Muslims that it is not mentioned in their war-manual, that horrid Quran. Not once.

•Reply•Share ›
Tiger • 16 hours ago
Anyone with a grain of salt for a brain knows the Muslims have no ties to Jerusalem. Muhammad only visited it in a dream, "The Night Journey", he said he was carried to the foot of the temple on the back of a winged beast, then went up into heaven, met all the Biblical prophets on the way up, sat at the throne of God and then bargained with him on how many times a day Muslims put their butts in the air.

Mecca is their Holy City as is Medina. We know what liars they are and Trump doesn't buy it and most Americans are sick of Muslims crying and bombing Israel and slaughtering Christians around the world.

•Reply•Share ›
Michael Mann Tiger • 16 hours ago
I don't think the locations was referred to as Jerusalem in that episode or ever in the Q'ran. Hard to say what location "the furthest mosque" actually represents.

•Reply•Share ›
jjs110 Michael Mann • 15 hours ago
That is precisely the KEY factor here: Jerusalem was never mentioned in the Coran altogether, let alone in the recounting of this alleged dream. The only place mentioned in that story was "the farthest mosque". Well, since at the time the Muslims had not made it to Jerusalem yet (Mohammed himself died five years before it happened and never set foot there), there was NO mosque in Jerusalem. The extent of the Muslims' fast growing conquests did not go beyong the Arabic Peninsula, which means that at most the "farthest mosque" may have been located in the far reaches of their budding empire, in a place like Oman, but certainly not Jerusalem. The entire notion of the Holy City being equally holy for the Muslims as it is for Jews and Christians is based on this fraudulent narrative. It's way past time to make it clear: Jerusalem is indeed holy to Jews and Christians, with mountains of evidence to support that contention, but not to Muslims, who have zero evidence to support their claim.

•Reply•Share ›
Tiger Michael Mann • 15 hours ago
Opening of the article.

The Night Journey of Sura 17
August 2004 version

Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, Whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He Is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).

So opens Surah 17, called the Night Journey, as translated by Abdullah Yusuf 'Ali. Many Muslims are aware of this alleged incident, also called the mi'raj, to varying degrees. Muslims have even put forth Sura 17:1 as a proof of the miraculous truthfulness of the Qur'an. They might not have considered that the problems and contradictions that arise are a disproof of the truthfulness of the Qur'an.

It is important to understand what your religion teaches, whether Christian, Jew, or Muslim. All of us should be able to happy to defend our religion with ease. As you consider the teaching of the night journey, you must examine the relevant facts and determine what you believe really happened.

If Mohammed supernaturally visited a mosque in Jerusalem in his time, was there really a Muslim mosque on the temple Mount in Jerusalem while Mohammed was still living? Was there even a Christian church or Jewish synagogue on the Temple Mount? Or, while Jerusalem was under Persian occupation, was the Temple Mount area being used as a garbage dump, as The Encyclopaedia Britannica and the Muslim historian al-Tabari say?

see more
•Reply•Share ›
Gian - Paolo Evangelista Tiger • 23 minutes ago
alah is satan...he is the most intelligent alien & only satan could invent & twist up a book called quaran, mohamad was a donkey who was used to manufacture the book. any scolar with a grain of salt as prev mention, will realise alah is satan ....

•Reply•Share ›
screminmimi Michael Mann • 6 hours ago
I am waiting for them to declare it referred to Paris, or perhaps Washington. The way the EU and the American government behaves, it could be either one.

•Reply•Share ›
Tiger Michael Mann • 15 hours ago
https://www.muslimhope.com/...

The journey was made to the Temple Mt. The Temple built on the Temple Mt. was Jewish, since Muhammad born thousands of years after this he visited the site, most likely due to invasions of the time might have been a mosque there. This is a good article on it.

•Reply•Share ›
Joseph Nicholas Toth Jr. Tiger • 16 hours ago
Well put !

•Reply•Share ›
Tiger Joseph Nicholas Toth Jr. • 15 hours ago
Thank you.

•Reply•Share ›
Volvi Goldberger • 16 hours ago
The nonsense about Mos journey to Jerusalem was fabricated by the Umayyads of Damascus as they were barred from making the haj to Mecca, so they attempted to make Jerusalem the destination of their haj which was also closer to them. So they fabricated the whole story of Mos night journey. It never took hold. Furthermore Dr Mordechai Kedar explains it well with the 2 mosques on either side of mecca or medina cant recall which, where one mosque was called the further mosque. So his dream related to those cities. Furthermore Jerusalem has ZERO "holiness" to Shia Muslims, it has no relevance to them whatsoever. Quom is their 3rd holiest city. It has always been one big lie and for political purposes (current politics) and I cringe every time some imbecile who should know better quotes Jerusalem as the 3rd holiest city to Islam. Never was, never is and never will be.

•Reply•Share ›
Volvi Goldberger Volvi Goldberger • 14 hours ago
correction to above, the Umayyads didnt fabricate the story of the night journey it was there in the quran but they applied its destination as Jerusalem yanni the furthest mosque which was a fabrication to suit their needs. Research Dr Mordechai Kedar's discourse on where that furthest mosque actually was it was in arabia.

•Reply•Share ›
Zvi Gross Volvi Goldberger • 16 hours ago
Right you are!!!

•Reply•Share ›
lesrun5k • 16 hours ago
If it's so holy to the history denying lovers of death why is it not mentioned in their manual of death,they call it the Koran ?

•Reply•Share ›
Tom Dickson • 17 hours ago
Filthy Muslims want to claim and live on Holy places. They are the scums of their Allah.

•Reply•Share ›
Rachel Eitan • 15 hours ago
I hope everyone reads Caroline Glick's book, "The Israeli Solution," among others. We've known for quite a long time that there is no possibility of a so-called "two-state solution." It's simply a hoax, and the US and Europe should finally wake up to the reality that the Palestinian leadership has NEVER desired to be a party to a peace agreement with Israel. Almost every Palestinian Arab that I know of, including many whom I consider to be friends of mine, have absolutely no interest in becoming citizens of a future Palestinian state -- they much prefer to become or remain citizens of Israel, for many obvious reasons. Statehood is not something that their "leadership" aspires to -- their agenda is, and always has been, the continual delegitimization, including their constant lying in their attempts to re-write history in order to suit their warped and vile agenda, and ultimately, their never-ending desire for the total destruction of Israel and the Jewish people.

•Reply•Share ›
evangeline golding Rachel Eitan • 13 hours ago
I've read it, and it's totally brilliant.

•Reply•Share ›
cammo99 • 16 hours ago
Ar the very least the fact Jerusalem has never been a destination for people making Haj or in the Ottoman period where Jews and Christians remained for religious reasons despite having to live under the disadvantages of an infidel under sharia law. The fact Jerusalem wasn't more a symbol of conquest than spiritually significant has to be raised. And the question if it isn't for the fact it is a symbol of Conquest can it or should the Islamic sites be considered Holy at all?
According to the former EU definition of what religion is , it must be tolerant of criticism and even ridicule. In this instance it raises the question if Islam is even a religion.

•Reply•Share ›
Thomas The Paine • 17 hours ago
Every city in the world is "holy" to the filthy Muslimes!

•Reply•Share ›
garry pollack Thomas The Paine • 16 hours ago
eg Paterson, NJ

•Reply•Share ›
William • 16 hours ago
The Huge Lies of Islam!

•Reply•Share ›
Mojo • 17 hours ago
Remember....LYING (Taqila), is OK and encouraged by muslims as long as they can say it's for the sake of Allah

•Reply•Share ›
StanleyTee Mojo • 15 hours ago
Taqqiya. But I'll have a tequila anytime

•Reply•Share ›
Steve Sss • 15 hours ago
Morton Klein the president of the Zionist organization of America says the truth, unlike another Jew Jonathan Greenblatt the head of ADL that wants Israel to give a state to the 'Palestinians'

•Reply•Share ›
Devasahayam the Deplored • 8 hours ago
Given that a city, if holy, shows up oft in the folklore of those who designate it so, examples:
* Varanasi, Ayodhya and Ujjaini are ubiquitously mentioned in Hindu writings (Rajagriha, which isn't considered holy, gets much mention albeit somewhat negative in context -- but considerably more times than any city between Jordan and Gibraltar gets in quran)
* Rajagriha, Sarnath (near Varanasi) and Ayodhya get much mention in Buddhist writings
* Jerusalem is the max mentioned city in both Old and New Testaments (combined 800+ times)
* Teotihuacan was oft mentioned by Maya, Toltec and Aztec
* Machhu-Pichhu showed up much among Inca/Quichua and Aymara

Number of times Jerusalem shows-up in quran (without some fancy "letter-algorithms" -- if you're going to use those, then I can claim that it also shows up in Hindu and Buddhist writings far more oft, indeed I could probably generate more references to it from Jack London's short-story "To Build a Fire") is...ZERO. So, no way it ever was "holy" to Muslims, anymore than was Ayodhya (where a mosque built in 1528 was never maintained, and looked quite decrepit in 1992 when it was finally reduced to dust -- but they then suddenly started screaming bloody-murder for the reconstruction of it)!

•Reply•Share ›
Peter Cohen • 15 hours ago
The reason is far less complicated then you make it out to be. Originally, Arabs and Muslims prayed facing Jerusalem, like Jews. Muhammad was angry that very few Jews would follow him and become Muslims. In a fit of rage, he changed the QIBLAT (direction of prayer) to Mecca from Jerusalem. Now all Muslims would have their backs facing Jerusalem. I know of no city on the planet that is "holy" when people have their backs turned to it. Once Muhammad changed the Qiblat, Jerusalem was no longer holy to Muslims and is still not holy. This is a political lie created by Arafat. There were Jews in Medina for a long time. We should be harassing Muslims to give Medina back to us.

•Reply•Share ›
Rachel Eitan Peter Cohen • 15 hours ago
No thanks! LOL, they can keep it!

•Reply•Share ›
Gian - Paolo Evangelista • 26 minutes ago
what & who the hell was making that cackling noise after every statement.????????????????? was it a mocking??

•Reply•Share ›
Kamaruddin Simanjuntak • 3 hours ago
The city of
Jerusalem belongs to the Israelites and Christians, can only be holy and
holy in the power and care of the Israelites and Christians.

•Reply•Share ›
Albert Bello • 3 hours ago
The Jewish people's holy city of Jerusalem: Since the distraction of the sovereign "Kingdom of Judea" by the Roman Empire and expel the Jews to Diaspora from their home land Jerusalem never was "sovereignty" of any nation for 2000 years until Jews returned to their home land and rebuilt the Jewish State of Israel to claim sovereignty . In the war of 1967 Israel Defense Forces liberated the Jewish Capital city "Jerusalem" in the bloody fierce battle against the army of Jordanian occupation. God protected Jerusalem for the children of Israel to come back home and reclaim the Jewish State capital.

•Reply•Share ›
Diana • 4 hours ago
Jerusalem is mentioned 810 times in the KJBV; 661 in the OT, 149 in the NT. While Jerusalem is mentioned in the Tanach over 500 times, it is NEVER mentioned in the Quran, not once! Many Muslims claim this is a lie and claim the word Al Aqsa means Jerusalem. Al Aqsa literally means "The Farthest Mosque” and in no way does it mean Jerusalem.

•Reply•Share ›
Avrumeleh B • 5 hours ago
It appears that the history that's discussed here is very largely accurate about the utter falsity of Jerusalem being "holy" to the Muslims and that it is no more and no less than a simple attempt at land grab. But, I think that it ought to be at least mentioned that we Jews always loved to hear that Jerusalem is a 'holy city" to the three monetheistic religion. Oh, how we loved to say that...and hear that...thinking that it would make the Muslims and the rest of the world think we were so benevolent and open minded. Now, the entire falsity of Jerusalem's importance to Muslims is here to haunt us. Honesty is...it's proven here...the best policy.

•Reply•Share ›

Levi • 12 hours ago
I often wonder how I would be accepted in the Land of my Ancestors as the direct Bloodline descendant of Abraham Ben Terah and as the 71st Generation Great Grandson of Abraham Ben Terah and from the Tribe of Ephraim son of Joseph Ben Jacob (so named Israel) even though I am a Christian and hold the same Priesthood as my Grandfather and hold the Office of High Priest in the Melchizedek Priesthood.and having further traced my ancestry back to Adam.

•Reply•Share

ttps://unitedwithisrael.org/watch-zionist-leader-slams-lie-that-jerusalem-is-holy-to-muslims/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Z ionist+Leader+Slams+‘Lie’+that+Jerusalem+is+Holy+t o+Muslims%3B+Polish+Official+Protests+I

Last edited by WABA; 03-17-2018 at 09:09 AM..
Israel Forum