Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Debate Social & Political Issues
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Debate Social & Political Issues Debate Social and political discussion about Israel/Palestinians, the Middle east or world politics.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:52 AM
Dragon

WABA will become famous soon enough
Default Palestinians likely to claim Dead Sea Scrolls at next UNESCO meeting

World Israel News

Palestinians likely to claim Dead Sea Scrolls at next UNESCO meeting
March 23, 2018

Palestinians likely to claim Dead Sea Scrolls at next UNESCO meetingFragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls. (Miriam Alster/FLASH90)

69 Comments

The request to include the Qumran Caves and Dead Sea Scrolls as their own may be made at the next UNESCO meeting this July, the Simon Wiesenthal Center predicts.

The next “prize” the Palestinians will likely claim as their own at the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) will probably be the archeological site of Qumran and its Dead Sea Scrolls, Shimon Samuels of the Simon Wiesenthal Center said Wednesday, according to The Jerusalem Post.

Addressing a panel on the denial of Jewish history in international organizations at the Global Forum for Combating Antisemitism in Jerusalem, Samuels listed the Palestinians’ “success” at falsely claiming ownership of biblical and cultural sites, the Post reported.

UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee has ascribed to “Palestine” Bethlehem’s Church of the Nativity in 2012; the agricultural terraces of Battir, site of the ancient Jewish fortress at Betar, in 2014; and Hebron’s Tomb of the Patriarchs in 2017, the Post noted.

In October 2016, the Committee voted in favor of a resolution denying the millennia-old Jewish connection to Jerusalem, including the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

“This is yet another absurd resolution against the State of Israel, the Jewish people and historical truth,” Israel’s ambassador to UNESCO Carmel Shama-Hacohen stated at the time. “There is no connection of another people to another place in the world that comes close to the strength and depth of our connection to Jerusalem from a religious, historical and national perspective, a connection that has stood the test of 2,000 years.”

The request to include the Qumran Caves and the Dead Sea Scrolls may be made at the next World Heritage Committee meeting this July in Bahrain, Samuels told the conference, the Post reported.

Already in November 2016, Israel Radio reported that the Palestinians were planning the next stage in their attempted denial of Israel’s history and heritage by preparing to lay claim to the Dead Sea Scrolls at UNESCO.

The scrolls, mostly Hebrew writings from the Second Temple period, were discovered in the Qumran Caves in the environs of the Dead Sea. They include many biblical texts and are believed to have been written by members of a Jewish sect known as the Essenes.

Comments

IsraelReader • 6 hours ago
The Fakestinians claim to be the indigenous people of the Land of Israel.
Where is their historical and archaeological record?

•Reply•Share ›
RUBEN IsraelReader • 6 hours ago
Only in their Hashish dreams!

•Reply•Share ›
All Seeing Eye IsraelReader • 6 hours ago
There is none of course. It may be found with the mother of Mohammad, a big fat pig!

•Reply•Share ›
Michael IsraelReader • 4 hours ago
There is no historical or archaeological record because the heathen "Palestinians" (arabs) couldn't read, write, or make anything except trouble. What they own is an ancient history of uselessness. So now, sneaking in the back door, the arabs try and steal another peoples culture and biography. Only the anti-Semites will buy this absurd fiction.

•Reply•Share ›
Gershon Perry • 6 hours ago
THEY ARE TERRORISTS WITH ACCESS TO DONATIONS. THEY ARE FROM THE ENTIRE LEVANT (CHURCHILL).
MORE RECENTLY, I HEARD THAT THE TURKS BROUGHT MUSLIMS FROM BOSNIA TOO LIKE THE TAMIMI'S WHO ARE SLAPPING SOLDIERS AND ATTORNEYS.
AS FAR AS THE SCROLLS ARE CONCERNED, IF THEY CAN READ THEM, WE CAN GIVE THEM A XEROX COPY, SIGNED BY NETANYAHU.

•Reply•Share ›
punch_corona Gershon Perry • 5 hours ago
don’t give them anything .. they will burn the scrolls..

•Reply•Share ›
Jim Moritz Gershon Perry • 4 hours ago
Does being written in Hebrew say anything about ownership?

•Reply•Share ›
Mark Johnsn • 6 hours ago
How can a group claim something that was never theirs? This Arab group of nomads till 1918 have no claim to anything other than being called what they are.........TERRORISTS!

•Reply•Share ›
Richard McKenzie Mark Johnsn • 2 hours ago
They are terrorists they are still living in stone age , the only thing they can do is kill

•Reply•Share ›
Comments continue after advertisement

ralph Langer • 6 hours ago
Palestines seem to want everything & give nothing. The USA has given them millions of $he peace & they reward terrorists families w our $. The peace process has gone on for years. Seems as if they are TAKERS .not givers

•Reply•Share ›
Andrea Weinberg ralph Langer • 5 hours ago
Taylor Force is now signed. They're getting bupkis.

•Reply•Share ›
enubus Andrea Weinberg • 4 hours ago
Bupkis= nothing, good choice of words! But go a little further the Arabs who themselves a pejorative Roman word to denigrate the Israelis under their control. So the Faux Palestinians are bupkis!

•Reply•Share ›
Arnie Lakeyn ralph Langer • 3 hours ago
Not seems, they are takers. They’re mad that the U.S. is cutting off funding instead of showing appreciation for the many millions of dollars that was given to them. They think they’re entitled to free money and don’t have to give anything in return.

•Reply•Share ›
Richard McKenzie Arnie Lakeyn • 2 hours ago
They need to get civilized all they want us death destruction, give them nothing

•Reply•Share ›
Luba Tetelbaum ralph Langer • 3 hours ago
It doesn't seem so, it is and always was very obvious they are greedy takers and have never given anything back except for destruction and violence.

•Reply•Share ›
Dee Houchin ralph Langer • 2 hours ago
Not any more. The U.S. has a new sheriff in town. He's ready to cut funds to the Palestinians, due to payments to Palestinian terrorist.

•Reply•Share ›
Brendajanetorres • 5 hours ago
WHY?!!! So they can destroy it, that's all they do is destroy anything and everything of any historic value just to prove that they exist ... They are Not Palestinian, they are Arabs plain and simple!!!

•Reply•Share ›
Dorrie Brendajanetorres • 5 hours ago
Pray that Israel is able to keep it out of their hands!

•Reply•Share ›
evangeline golding Dorrie • 5 hours ago
I don't see Israel ever giving them up...at the end of the day, I believe it's just more bull to try to distract a stupid world from the real issues, that they don't have any rights to an inch of Israeli soil. Although I'd be happy to give abbas and all his merry band of thugs six feet of it, and dirt between their teeth!

•Reply•Share ›
Arnie Lakeyn evangeline golding • 3 hours ago
They’ll pollute the earth they are buried in. They’re toxic waste.

•Reply•Share ›
Andrea Weinberg evangeline golding • 5 hours ago
I don't see it either, but Qumran is still an active archaeological site. Not everything has been explored. If the Palies lay claim, any findings could go to them. I sure hope not.

•Reply•Share ›
Luba Tetelbaum Andrea Weinberg • 3 hours ago
Chas veshalom! God forbid! I pray it never happens!

•Reply•Share ›
Jim Moritz Dorrie • 4 hours ago
Who really gives a sh-t what UNESCO says?

•Reply•Share ›
Martyman39 Dorrie • an hour ago
That is out of the question.

•Reply•Share ›
VTS Brendajanetorres • 4 hours ago
Try to find a single Arabic letter in those scrolls.

•Reply•Share ›
Michael Rosenberg • 6 hours ago
Those who listen to these type of Palestinian claims with anything other than derision and ridicule can only help us to identify the stupid, the ignorant, and our enemies.

•Reply•Share ›
CATCHIFE • 5 hours ago
So I thought the palestinians wrote in Arabic. I'm I wrong can someone answer this for me. That if the palestinians are Arabic how do they own the dead sea scrolls wrote in Hebrew . I don't want to sound dumb I'm really wanting to understand this.

•Reply•Share ›
Andrea Weinberg CATCHIFE • 4 hours ago
You're not asking a dumb question. Many people have asked the same. They simply don't let facts get in the way of their demands.

•Reply•Share ›
CATCHIFE Andrea Weinberg • 4 hours ago
Thank you

•Reply•Share ›
Jim Moritz CATCHIFE • 4 hours ago
Only the dumb would give their claim any credence. Being written in Hebrew gives one a hint, eh?

•Reply•Share ›
Arnie Lakeyn CATCHIFE • 3 hours ago
Simple answer THEY CAN’T! AND DON’T!

•Reply•Share ›
Antonio Rodil Peralta CATCHIFE • 4 hours ago
These palestinians will come with something like:: "We invented Hebrew" It sounds like a joke but they are capable of anything.

•Reply•Share ›
CATCHIFE Antonio Rodil Peralta • 4 hours ago
After what I've been seeing and learning about these people I believe you 100%

•Reply•Share ›
Joseph Feld • 5 hours ago
Muslim Arabs and the Koran arrived in Israel in the 7th century CE (AD) about 500 years after the DeadSea Scrolls by Jews transcribing mainly Biblical texts. They have nothing to do with Islam or Arabs.

•Reply•Share ›
Jim Moritz Joseph Feld • 4 hours ago
I thought mohammad wrote them between beating women and raping children.

•Reply•Share ›
evangeline golding • 5 hours ago
And here we go yet again. Of course, the bought and paid for UN will just lap this latest lie up, as will the stupid, corrupt governments of europe.

But as ever, some of us do know the truth and will never stop telling it.

Israel and all her history, belongs to the Jews, not the illegal arab squatters.

•Reply•Share ›

Jo Sim • 6 hours ago

The Palestinians ( and Arabs and Moslems ingeneral with some exceptions ) are SO DEEPLY STUPID that they don't understand THE DEGREE OF THEIR STUPIDITY.........

Their primitive religious ideology tells them that they have brought the last world of god and their prophet Mohammed is the last prophet and they have the right to kill non moslems like Christians and Jews who they consider unbelievers unless they convert.......................................

Then they claim that an ancient Judeochristian Dead sea Scrolls belongs to them...........The gravity and depth of their STUPIDITY is absolutely mind bugling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•Reply•Share ›
gunsmithkat • 6 hours ago
Because they can't really accomplish anything, they wish to claim the works of others. Losers, basically.

•Reply•Share ›
bill levy • 6 hours ago
I wish Israel was as imaginative as these Arabs. First Israel lost the PR war to the Arabs by not stopping them from calling themselves Palestinians.

Israel is probably too busy just surviving all the attacks and the planned attacks.

I just wish they would initiate Project Z and that would be the end of all our problems.

I was sorry to hear that Wolf Blitzer was outed as a Mossad asset. I wonder how they found out.

•Reply•Share ›
SAWolf • 4 hours ago
Time to do what should have been done after June, '67. Total expulsion from the Land. If they can't find a place in the other 99.85% of the Middle East,to exist, then they'd better learn to swim. No more arab murderers on Jewish Land.

•Reply•Share ›
Luba Tetelbaum SAWolf • 3 hours ago
Love it, eloquent and to the point!

•Reply•Share ›
Betty Anthony • 5 hours ago
They can 'claim' them all they want and the crooked UN will probably say that they are theirs but that does not mean that Israel is just going to hand them over to them. They claim everything Jewish so that they can erase Israel from history but Israel is a proven fact and our Christian Bibles do not mention the Palestinians.

•Reply•Share ›
Charles Regan • 6 hours ago
I still stand by Israel even after being banned from twitter, stay strong and resolute

•Reply•Share ›
marshmil1789 Charles Regan • 5 hours ago
By their fruits we shall know them--Twitter is a corrupt tree.

•Reply•Share ›

Jim Moritz • 4 hours ago
UNESCO, the theater of the absurd. Once again, the parasitic palestinian arabs will exercise their skills as liars and thieves. I’d like to vomit 🤮.

•Reply•Share ›
Luba Tetelbaum Jim Moritz • 2 hours ago
Exacly how I felt after reading just the heading of this article - Vomit inducing stuff. How long Israel is going to tolerate this disease?! It's beyond understanding on any level.

•Reply•Share ›
methinkthis • 6 hours ago

•Reply•Share ›
Jim Moritz methinkthis • 4 hours ago
Why would Israel want these parasites? Their own arab brethren have disowned these trash.

•Reply•Share ›
marshmil1789 methinkthis • 5 hours ago
Well stated methinkthis. Thanks.

•Reply•Share ›
Peter Cohen • 2 hours ago
Abbas is confused he meant to say "Dead Sea Scrotums"..............

•Reply•Share ›
Gabor Ujvari Peter Cohen • an hour ago
Change the wordings to: See, his Scrotums are Dead.

•Reply•Share ›
VTS • 4 hours ago
The problem is not that they want to accomplish that. The problem is that other nation governments are willing accomplices of this fraud. They will all fail!

•Reply•Share ›
mlerman • 5 hours ago
The fackestinians cannot read Hebrew!

•Reply•Share ›
Gabor Ujvari • an hour ago
Demented Abbas is dreaming about non existing Palestinian people and non existing Palestinian history. Maybe on day he will claim the the whole earth is Palestinian from the North Pole to the South Pole.
The sad thing is that UNESCO will rubber stamp it.

•Reply•Share ›

disqus_3MEvLTGTn0 • an hour ago
The Palestinians did not even exist and still are a nothing people. They claim things like squatters and are a pimple on the world UNESCO can go jump off a cliff. Jag offs

•Reply•Share ›
Peter Cohen • 2 hours ago
Palestinians claim descent from Australopithecus arafatensis.

•Reply•Share ›
28H2O48 • 2 hours ago
I wonder how many time is "palestinian" mentioned in any of the rolls. Stupid Idiots. They will need to know Hebrew to read them,

•Reply•Share ›
Dorrie 28H2O48 • 2 hours ago
They don't care what the scrolls say, they simply want destruction for anything connected with Judaism. Islam is straight out of the deepest pit of hell!

•Reply•Share ›
Henry Sammy • 2 hours ago
The dead sea scrolls are written in Hebrew by Jewish people for Jews because they had been in the land of Israel for 4000 years. These Arabs discarded by their people in 1969 & calling themselves Palestinians are plain & simple squatters in the land.

•Reply•Share ›
Rob • 2 hours ago
These people are the worlds greates liars and frauds. Any normal human would be ashamed of such an obvious deception however, the Palestinians are not normal or decent humans. Their DNA has obviously been tainted by centuries of incestual relations.

•Reply•Share ›
Allen Menkin • 2 hours ago
The PA may be a self-serving, geriatric kleptocracy, but give credit where credit is due. Arafat learned the power of victim-hood from the Jews, and Abbas' use of the big lie is straight from Joseph Goebbels' playbook. Islam has never had a problem with fabricating its roots and history from earlier religions.

Eremasi Cama Tamanisau • 2 hours ago

It is amazing to see that the Palestinians' false claims on Jewish heritage including Jerusalem and the Tomb of the Patriarchs, are fully supported by the UN. Interestingly enough, the Palestinian claims are not supported by facts, such as the Koran, Bible, historical manuscripts, archaeology, etc. As paper tigers, the Palestinians are creating a mirage of winning an imaginary war.

When it comes to REAL War, the Israel Defense Force puts the Palestinians and the whole Arab Army to shameless flight (1948, 1967, 1973), and who lack the moral fibre to stand and defend what they claim is theirs.

Then the cowardly Palestinians crawl slowly back to their holes, make pathetic mewing noises to the World and UN, run a voluminous propaganda of lies, and run their terrorists to murder innocent Israel civilians whilst hiding under "skirts" of children, schools, hospitals, and even UN offices. Now, when the IDF retaliates, the Palestinians claim that "innocent children" are being murdered.

What a joke of a so called people...Palestinians.

•Reply•Share ›
Fred • 3 hours ago
Well,well I did not know Fake Palestinians are Jews. So Hebrew is their native tongue not Arabic and their Scrolls are theirs also because an illiterate organisation UNESCO is saying so, taqqyia at its best, false claims again & again. Abbas the Egyptian screaming his head off. These faker as as true as a $3 bill.

•Reply•Share ›
Arnie Lakeyn • 3 hours ago
The scrolls are in an ancient Hebrew dialect, not in Arabic. The Pukeistinians have zero claim to the scrolls.

•Reply•Share ›
Arnie Lakeyn • 3 hours ago
Let the pigs try to get their hands on the Dead Sea Scrolls and see how that goes. The U.N. Has no power to do anything. It is a powerless joke.

•Reply•Share ›
fof9l • 4 hours ago
Abbas is simply jealous. His "palestinians" have no historical artifacts of their own. Why? Because they have no actual history, that's why. So he has to claim others. I'm waiting for him to claim that the Vatican was actually a palestinian site and belongs to him, followed closely by the White House in Washington D.C, Maybe he just covets Cleopatra's Needle and the Washington Monument, because they are just big phallic symbols, and that's the only way he can get it up.

•Reply•Share ›
Hector Zuniga • 4 hours ago
Only the nuts in the U.N can put ears to those stupid claims. A case not even to give any attention.

•Reply•Share ›

enubus • 4 hours ago
I suspect Abbas has been doing LSD 25 over a long period of time to come up with this humdinger of a lie!

https://worldisraelnews.com/palestin...be+Claimed+by+

Last edited by WABA; 03-25-2018 at 05:06 AM..
Old 03-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Till very recently, Islamic seminaries taught that the world was jalalah (sp?) or full of barbarian ignorance before the birth of Muhammad some 1,400 years ago.

They should not now try to claim pre-Islamic heritage as their own when for more than a millennia they waged war on opposing cultures to bring them within the fold of Ummah.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 03-26-2018, 04:46 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Soon the Palestinians will claim the entire worlds Jewish heritages. The one thing it does prove is that the Palestinians are living in Jewish lands! lol

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum