Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions, Feedback & Site Updates Something you do or don't like? Please let us know.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Paparock: Who is he.

Paparock was born in Arkansas on December 23, 1949

I was actually due on Christmas but our family doctor doctor said he had sat down to Christ dinner too many times only to have the phone ring to deliver a baby so with me was taking no chances or so he tells the story. So December 23 he induced labor and I was born. By birthday parties I am only three as that is how many I had growing up. My family were what is know as Blue Dog Democrats or Conservative Democrats in Southern Parlance.

My family were medium income nationally but locally in the small country Arkansas community we were "rich folk" to many. My father and I both became hourly workers for a major oil company after leaving the U.S. Army (a long story).

It was originally my intention of entering the U.S. Army with the intention of marking it my career. My first setback was when the ROTC unit I was in was holding the Infantry slot as punishment for a fellow ROTC graduate that joined the Roswell New Mexico Police Department upon Graduation and tried to get out of all military service as a result. I wanted that slot as my family joined "Infantry" and I had just spent the last three years in a "special Counter Insurgency Unit" run by the Green Berets in some ROTC cadet corps of Universities around the country. My second cousin was also the commanding general at Fort Benning, Georgia at that time, I believe. I ended up in Air Defense Artillery which was not a good fit for me however in training at Fort Bliss, Texas I met my first Jews that happened to be Israeli Officers defending Demona. They were the finest men I had ever met and I came to love them during the time we trained together. From that time forward I have been a 110% supporter of the IDF. Before that time I knew Israel only through the Bible, my training as a Christian in Church and at Ouachita Baptist University, and as well as my study in history at college and on my own. At Fort Bliss we had Israeli and Syrian Officers in our class. I came to despise the Syrians as individuals as much as I loved the Israels. I hung out with and talked with the Israelis on every opportunity I had to get to know them. The more I came to know them the more I came to like and respect the Israelis as they actually practiced what the U.S. Army so often only preached. I was really drawn to these men more than to my own fellow Americans. I regret so much not getting their names and not trying to keep in contact with them; it was a very grave mistake on my part! I was young, fresh out of college, married with a baby and too centered only on them. My head was not where it should have been.

In the U.S. Army I found out the meaning of many things such as brotherhood, government corruption, betrayal, blackmail, "one way ticket", lawlessness, being above the law, hiding in plain sight, murder, expendable assets, and cannon fodder. Oh and I almost forgot "rank has its privileges" followed by "$hit flows down hill upon lower ranks" with 2LTs being at the bottom of the officer ranks. I met some Senior Officers I would follow to hell and some I would have liked to send there.That is to be expected but what really bothered me was the lack of effort by those responsible to weed out the CRIMINAL element from the military. They were more concerned with covering up the crimes that prosecuting the criminals and the higher the rank the criminal the worse it was!!! I speak from first had experience! When you make an air tight case on officer with all the evidence, witnesses, and lay it all out before the Inspector General Corps you, and your witnesses should not be the ones that end up attacked, beaten, destroyed and in the case of one of my witnesses murdered by their government!

An E-5 came to me the 2LT over him with physical evidence of a Major stealing tens of thousands of dollars repeatedly from the U.S. Army. I examined the E-5 evidence and it was iron clad. There was no doubt at all as to the Major's guilt so I took the E-5, the evidence, and went to the Inspector General General Corp because there was no way to go up the normal chain of command without tipping of the Major involved. I was seeking guidance as to how to handle the case from the Inspector General Corp. What I got was the E-5's residence raided the evidence burned in front of him, the E-5 shipped out immediately to Vietnam where I was told he was killed and I was informed if I did not cease and desist all investigation I would find myself next. Thank you the American Justice System! This was just my first run in with the Inspector General Corp on Okinawa during 1972-1973 and how it was run. Now I don't have a Law Degree but that's not how I understand how the "Office of the Inspector General" is supposed to function! That is just one of the contacts that gave me reason to distrust those that are charged with "protecting" American soldiers rights!

When you can not trust those charged with protecting your rights, and you have found out through experience even those that are supposed to keep all communication between you and them confidential (Army Chaplain) in the US Army are in fact informing your command structure every word you speak you go silent; speaking to no one and trusting no one.

You have to vary all your duty schedules that you have control over so that limits their ability to set you up. Never take the same routes, never inspect the arms room on the same day or same time of day, so no set routines. It saved me and hung them; another long story. It's amazing how it can be such a big deal until you prove they broke the regulations not you and then it all just magically disappears!

I even had Lt. Col. Charles House order me once to steal a semi full of cigarettes for him out of the Second Log Command out of Naha on Okinawa. He said it was all arranged and all I had to do was drive the truck off the base to a pre-arranged location and leave it; he said he had buyers that would pick it up. Not a chance in Hell I told him. I told him to go ahead and court martial me for refusing to steal for him. First I would not steal and second I would not put it past him to turn me in if I was stupid enough to do as he said. I was 100% sure he was for real until a couple of days later I saw on Armed Forces TV that a semi-truck full of cigarettes had been stolen out of Second Log Command. I never knew the depth of corruption there could be until I met Lt. Col. Charles House. I knew any hope of a career in the Army was over after I got under Lt. Col. Charles House's command as there was no room for an honest Christian non-drinker like me in his command and that was before I was transferred to the First Drug Suppression Unit being founded on Okinawa. Back then having a drug problem in your unit was considered a Command Failure and Lt. Col. Charles House's Brigade had one of the largest drug problems of any unit on Okinawa as determined by the Commanding General of Okinawa not by be a 2LT. But since Col House could not do anything to the Commanding General on Okinawa he kept filling complaints with Island Command about me the 2LT have a vendetta against him. But then the Command Structure Okinawa knew they were making the command decisions on what units were being focused on not me and ignored his complaints. So when a Captain finally came and filled the slot relieving me Col. House pulled every sting he could to get me the 2LT that had in his mind made his life hell back under his command. Upon my first day back in Col. House's Brigade he called me into his office and informed me he was "going to do everything within his power to get me killed" and he almost did. But thanks to some "HONEST HONORABLE" soldiers and G_d I was able to escape with my life but I lost my respect for my country and those sworn to defend my rights as they refused to do so! That is part of why I don't trust government officials words because words are cheap and I judge them by their actions and/or lack of actions!

After being discharged out of the Army I resigned my Commission as an Officer. A few years later I volunteered for the Texas Army National Guard Airborne in South Houston, Texas. My Company was located on Ellington Air Force Base that later became Ellington Airport. I refused to accept to my commission as an officer back at the time but said I might later. I accepted the rank of E-5; as a non-commissioned officer. Unfortunately Soldier of Fortune Magazine did an article on my unit and was co complimentary about it that it angered the Pentagon who in all their idiocy rather than trying to duplicate the units success in other National Guard Units disbanded the unit and moved it to California! After years of struggle in California someone with brains finally moved the Unit back to Houston, Texas. Texas men are shootists (don't mess with Texas) while Californians by and large are not.

I am hoping that the Supreme Court is about to slap down the Progressive Judges in California that have been in violation of the Second Amendment Rights of California Citizens for decades because they have refused to recognize much less follow the Supreme Court's latest rulings concerning American citizens individual Second Amendment Rights! Hopefully it will get some California Federal Judges dis-barred and/or removed from their positions! Any judge who refuses to follow the law needs to be removed.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 08-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Good to know about you, Paparock.

IMHO, You should send this stuff in a letter to military journals and defence websites as well so they can hear your story.

In my veins runs the blood of the poets and wise men of old, and it is my desire to come to you and receive, but I shall not come with empty hands - Kahlil Gibran
Old 08-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

God Bless you Paparock. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing a few details of your life with us.

This is the lesson of our lives, sometimes they are hard lives and we are born with a certain maturity others do not always understand. We see injustices, we see great people, we see lost people, we grieve at peoples bad actions and often those people feel threatened and will direct those bad actions against us and other good people.

Life is a school of hard lessons, the happy go lucky don't feel it much, the caring & deep people feel it almost painfully deep.

One thing I learnt is no matter who you work for, any type of organization even the best of the best like the US Army is, you will find horrible leaders among them. One reason I never want to work under any organization. I will not be able to contain my anger at times. :/

There are always a few who make it worth it.

America and the world is in trouble right now, the world has never been on the 100% right path, it is for the wise ones to try to help, even if it makes a small difference. We cannot convince everyone and shouldn't try to, just do our part.

Thank you once again for all you do, it is much appreciated by me and many others even if we dont always say it outloud.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Banned

goidf is on a distinguished road

Shalom Papa

A sordid business, all that Army stuff. I did my stint from 1969-72, strictly enlisted. It looks like you missed Nam, as did I. Good work there -- the whole thing was hopeless.

PS. I'm a little older than you, a Yankee through and through. My sisters all married military men; but we haven't had a soldiering tradition since the Civil War. My two ggrandfathers fought at Shiloh and Petersburg, respectively, both bloody hellholes. Both of them were privates.

I voted Communist in 1972, even though I thought Gus Hall was a bit conservative. I met God in 1973, which changed my politics. Have been Republican since 1976.

That's all for now. May you and I both have reasonably uninteresting lives, the rest of our days.

Shalom shalom :-)

Last edited by goidf; 08-12-2014 at 01:41 AM..
Old 08-12-2014, 03:00 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Kindness Of Strangers

I only missed Vietnam because of an Infantry Major that deleted my name off the bottom of a "one way ticket" order my brigade commander had me put on. The Major told me after it was all over. He knew my second cousin and what was going on. He told me he felt he owed my cousin so he helped me. All the men that went on that order are listed Missing In Action (MIA), Presumed Dead (PFOD). So he literally saved my life. If the Major had not deleted my name I would have died somewhere in Quang Tri Province in 1972 attached to a reconisance team on a misson that never came back. Col. House was trying to follow through on his threat to do everything in his power to get me killed. He was P.O. when I showed up for duty and he was trying to figure out what happened as I heard the story from people in Brigade H.Q. but he never did.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 08-12-2014 at 03:06 AM..
Old 08-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Dragon

janetnjohn is on a distinguished road

great stuff Papa. general house deserves a kick in the nether regions

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

"I ask then, has God rejected His people? By no means! God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. For the gifts and call of God are irrevocable."
(Romans 11:1,2,29)
Israel Forum