Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyT View Post
Reading all this makes me ache. I too wanted to serve in the IDF many years ago. I was a paratrooper in the U.S. Army and had the opportunity to travel through Israel. I had dreams of serving for Israel thinking they would take me in a heartbeat! I never tried, but they're a proud country and they don't ask! It was better not to have tried than be denied by them!! I would have been hurt! Sounds funny but that's how much I love Israel!!!
You can help the IDF by serving in the Sar El program.
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 02-17-2017, 06:20 PM

Familyguydude is on a distinguished road

Hey there, not sure if anyone still uses these forums or not - used to be on here years ago. In any case, I recently returned to Israel as an Oleh Ezrach. From my understanding, being a 24 year old single male - I am required to serve in the IDF for 6 months. My question is what exactly our my options in a period of 6 months? This doesn't seem to be enough to do anything combat related or probably anything remotely interesting. I have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from the US and a medical profile of 97. If I'd like to extend my service, is the minimum service 18 months? Does anyone know or can anyone put me in touch with someone here in Israel who may know what roles are possible in a 6 month service?
Old 03-28-2017, 05:41 PM

bleucheese91 is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to be in the IDF with medical and psychological issues?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:25 PM

Ack is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Was looking to clarify a few questions. I am 22 years old and I just graduated with a degree in Biology/Spanish. I spent a year on a Kibbutz in Israel so my Hebrew is moderately good. I was interested in taking 2 gap years before beginning medical school in the US to volunteer in the IDF.

1. Is there any way I can ascertain where I would be placed in the army (my interests lie in combat), without officially enlisting?

2. I've had glasses for 12 years. My prescription is about -8.00 (which is pretty strong). Do you know the implications this can have for my score?

3. Are lone-soldiers eligible to partake in the gibbushim for elite special forces, and if so/not, what would be the process/timeline to go forward with this goal?

It would be a true honor to serve in the IDF and I'm glad to hear others opinions.

Thanks guys ~
Avi
Old 08-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Call up the embassy wherever you are 😫😫😫😫previous three posters, it costs 1 dollar max
It is absolutely true in war, were other things equal, that numbers, whether men, shells, bombs, etc, would be supreme. Yet it is also absolutely true that other things are never equal and can never be equal - Maj.Gen. J. F. C. Fuller

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Israel Forum