Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Send a Pizza to Israeli Soldiers on Active Duty

On behalf of the soldiers of the IDF (Israel Defense Forces), we wish to thank the many, many people the world over who have sent Pizza, Burgers and most recently, traditional Mishloach Manot for Purim and a variety of other treats.
Our project started in 2002 during Israel's Operation Defensive Shield, to rid our area of terrorists following the bombing of the Park Hotel in Netanya and the murder of thirty people, including many Holocaust survivors, sitting down to their Pesach Seder. This followed a number of years in which we gave you the opportunity to send mishloach manot for Purim.

Please tell your friends about this wonderful way to show support for our combat troops.

During the last seven years we have delivered many thousands of pizza pies and other gifts to thousands of soldiers. It is hard for us to describe how happy they are to receive your "special treats" -- it goes well beyond getting a hot pizza late at night at a lonely post. It is as tremendous an experience for us to give them out as it is for the soldiers to receive them. They love to know that people everywhere support and care for them.

Our deliveries are coordinated with the security forces and pose no security risk.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 07-04-2010 at 12:05 PM..
Old 07-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

This is very cool and I'm going to bookmark the site for use in the very near future. Did you see there's a web page as well for burgers?

http://burgeridf.org/

Also: can someone enlighten me as to process used to ensure the following mentioned on the web site? I've never quite understood how it's determined if something is kosher or not along with the qualifications for a product to actually be determined as kosher:

All our products are Glatt Kosher l'Mehadrin
allowing all soldiers receiving them to be able to eat them.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

In Israel, as well as the United States and most of the world, there are established boards that inspect and certify products as kosher.

The most renouned one you can see next time you visit a supermarket. It is the letter U inside a circle, or the "OU" certification. This is the "Orthodox Union" the mostwidely accepted certifying authority. You might see OU D for dairy or simply the letter K for another less stringent certification board. Some are local, some are world wide.

THe pizza program is great, my biggest dossapointment is for someone like me, I have a specific unit in mind that I would liketo send it to, andthey are picked 100% at random. But greatly appreciated whenever sent.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
In Israel, as well as the United States and most of the world, there are established boards that inspect and certify products as kosher.

The most renouned one you can see next time you visit a supermarket. It is the letter U inside a circle, or the "OU" certification. This is the "Orthodox Union" the mostwidely accepted certifying authority. You might see OU D for dairy or simply the letter K for another less stringent certification board. Some are local, some are world wide.

THe pizza program is great, my biggest dossapointment is for someone like me, I have a specific unit in mind that I would liketo send it to, andthey are picked 100% at random. But greatly appreciated whenever sent.
Thanks for the info, Rafi! Have you or anyone else here used this pizza or burger service in the past? I think it's great, but also understand where you're coming from as far as the specific unit option. I occasionally contribute to the Israeli LIBI fund for those familiar with that program (and also to the American USO by the way), but apparently this "fast food to the front lines" idea is an entire different concept.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

OK, I probably do it a bit different. Since I'm at allot of these bases, the big thing at most Pizza Parlors in Israel is to give out magnets with their contact info. So I go direct to the local place and order from them by credit card over he phone. They are pretty amazed when they hear where I'm calling from, but sometimes I let them know when i am there I'm going to do it.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I love pizza! I'm sure that OU approved pizza is the best ever!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 07-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
OK, I probably do it a bit different. Since I'm at allot of these bases, the big thing at most Pizza Parlors in Israel is to give out magnets with their contact info. So I go direct to the local place and order from them by credit card over he phone. They are pretty amazed when they hear where I'm calling from, but sometimes I let them know when i am there I'm going to do it.
After the Saturday night dinner you mentioned that your base served pasta, tomato sauce, cottage cheese and fries, I can understand why treats like these are appreciated.

Have you heard the saying, from Napolean, that an army marches on its stomach? It's good they have a change from the regular food rations.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 PM

Tristan is on a distinguished road

This is a great idea! Sent pizza during Cast Lead and threw in some burgers tonite.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Putting this thread out here again, this is a great time to send pizza to the IDF something to encourage them!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

There is also this IDF Pizza campaign that I trust, therefore also good if you want to check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/PizzaIDFCampaign

~ Golda Meir~

Old 07-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I just sent support to give pizza for IDF :o)

~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum