Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned

BMSN Sheetz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Looking to Enlist in IDF Plz message me I don't know what to do

I would very much like to enlist in the IDF. I've tried filling out that enlistment thing on IDF Enlistment it says it takes 10 days to hear back from the ministry of Israel. Well okay your age cut off date is 24. I'm 22 I really need to get ahold of someone so i can get my afairs in order or know what I need to enlist. Someone please help me. Email me at ( Email address Edited use PMing system for information ) thanks.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

BMSN Sheetz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation questions

Please i really want to enlist in the IDF. I don't know what the requirments are or if i met them or not.

Do I need to speak Hebrew?
Do I need to be jewish to enlist?
If i'm not can i convert and still be able to enlist?
Do I need documentation of being jewish to enlist?
What do I need to bring with me to enlist?
How will I pay for the plane ticket to Israel?
Can I enlist longer than 2 1/2 years?
Can I apply for infantry?
Or who picks my job and how?
Do I need a copy from my doctor saying i'm fit?

please email me at Regretfulflyer at aol.com please I look foward from hearing from you.

---Very Respectfully
BMSN Sheetz USN Retired 2005-2007 Honorably
USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76)
Commander Carrier Strike Group Seven
Flag Bow Hook / RPPO / Special Forces Support
J-6183 / 5996
"So others may live"
Old 12-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Hi,
My name is Rafi, and I am one of the administrators of the Mahal2000.com website.

To answer your rapid fire questions as well as I can, here goes:

Do I need to speak Hebrew? Not necessarily
Do I need to be jewish to enlist? Yes, and you need to be "documented"
If i'm not can i convert and still be able to enlist? no
Do I need documentation of being jewish to enlist? yes
What do I need to bring with me to enlist? nothing
How will I pay for the plane ticket to Israel? 100% not the IDFs problem
Can I enlist longer than 2 1/2 years? if all other criteria are met, it's possible
Can I apply for infantry? yes
Or who picks my job and how? the IDF will pick, but most likely - infantry anyway
Do I need a copy from my doctor saying i'm fit? yes

Feel free to follow up with other questions or request details on some of the answers.

Rafi
Old 01-01-2009, 04:29 AM

samati is on a distinguished road

I am a 25 year old American
Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Dragon

garylen is on a distinguished road

i am from belfast and would like to promote the isreali cause in anyway i can. sugestions please; i have visited your great country twice following my football team glasgow rangers; and also know at first hand living in belfast. what disgusting scum terrorists like hamas are;
Old 01-14-2009, 06:32 PM

solomonm4u is on a distinguished road

hello everybody i am solomon from india i am christian i am 22 years old my education 10th passed i want to join idf and i want to fight against terroists this is my aim and ambition before i register to mahal idf volunteer after they reply me to register in middle east info and also i am register to middle east info afterwards they have no reply to me pls guide me and pls forgive me my english are so bad my mother tongue language is tamil
Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM

ZparklingAngel is on a distinguished road

Wish I could find a voloneer job for about 3 weeks time period.
Can´t be gone to long since I am a single parent, but still want to go
and do something instead of sitting here on my bum supporting without fysical doing anything....
There aint no page for them that want to work withing healthcare?
I am searching myself blind over internet and all different links.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

Zpark you can go to SAR EL for 1-3 weeks. I think i saw post with links if someone could help her.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonm4u View Post
hello everybody i am solomon from india i am christian i am 22 years old my education 10th passed i want to join idf and i want to fight against terroists this is my aim and ambition before i register to mahal idf volunteer after they reply me to register in middle east info and also i am register to middle east info afterwards they have no reply to me pls guide me and pls forgive me my english are so bad my mother tongue language is tamil
Welcome to Israel Military Forum! Your support of Israel is greatly appreciated.

The IDF appreciates the interest of people all over the world who wish to serve. Like any military, the IDF is the defense force of the Israeli government. And like all armies, is comprised of our citizens.

The special program called MAHAL, is for those with a religious or historical (family) connection to Israel and/or the Jewish people. MAHAL is a program that dates back to the War of Independence, when Israel was in need of manpower for it's Army. These people (who are approved on a case by case basis) also serve until today.

Those are the only two criteria for serving. Solomon, being a soldier is a commitment to a country and a culture. We speak hebrew in the Army, work around the Jewish calendar, take Saturday as our day of rest. Your goal to "fight terrorists" is a good one.

If you would like to do a service project with the IDF, say for a month or so, there is a great program called Sar-El. You can find information about here on this web site or you can find it on the internet.

Rafi
Website Administrator
MAHAL2000
http://www.mahal-idf-volunteers.org/forum/
Old 01-31-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
Zpark you can go to SAR EL for 1-3 weeks. I think i saw post with links if someone could help her.

Sar el?
Whats that then?
I know I am a pain in the less lucky part on the body, but it is so hard to find information and help from were i live. grrr
Old 01-31-2009, 10:25 AM

Grammaticus is on a distinguished road

I could be wrong, but the cut off age in the Australian AIF is 40 something.

Grammaticus
Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Retired

haamimhagolan is on a distinguished road
Default Sar-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZparklingAngel View Post
Sar el?
Whats that then?
I know I am a pain in the less lucky part on the body, but it is so hard to find information and help from were i live. grrr
Attached is a link to the Sar-El web page.
http://www.sar-el.org/

Sar-El is the national "Volunteers for Israel" program - usually consisting of a two weeks of volunteer work on an Israeli army base. There is also a special, four week hospital volunteers program.

The tickets are offered at a discount rate - and can be open-ended. I know that a number of programs aimed at college students combine a two week Sar-El experience, with a tour program. When I first went - years ago - some of our students stayed on for an additional week to visit relatives after the volunteer and tour segment had ended.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haamimhagolan View Post
Attached is a link to the Sar-El web page.
http://www.sar-el.org/

Sar-El is the national "Volunteers for Israel" program - usually consisting of a two weeks of volunteer work on an Israeli army base. There is also a special, four week hospital volunteers program.

The tickets are offered at a discount rate - and can be open-ended. I know that a number of programs aimed at college students combine a two week Sar-El experience, with a tour program. When I first went - years ago - some of our students stayed on for an additional week to visit relatives after the volunteer and tour segment had ended.

Hi, what do you mean by a discount ticket?
Do you mean like air plane ticket?
Allso do they acept volunteers from sweden since I am a swedish cizitisent and not Israelian?
Big appologiez if I sound slow, it´s late here and after searching my eyes off at the internet I barely understands anything LOL
Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Hi, what do you mean by a discount ticket?
Do you mean like air plane ticket?
Allso do they acept volunteers from sweden since I am a swedish cizitisent and not Israelian?
Big appologiez if I sound slow, it´s late here and after searching my eyes off at the internet I barely understands anything LOL
Good news - there is a Sar -el for Sweden and Denmark

Sar-El Norway (also Denmark and Sweden)
c/o Advokat Torger Dahl
Boks 6644 St. Olavs plass
0129 Oslo Norway
Phone: +47 23 32 61 25
Fax: +47 23 32 61 10
E-mail: info@sar-el.no

Nyheter:
Ekstragruppe 1. februar - en uke
Som varslet tidligere starter det en ekstra en-ukes gruppe den 1. februar. Forutsetningen er at du er i Israel i god tid før gruppen starter, slik at du kan møte på oppgitt møtested kl. 08.00 om morgenen søndag 1. februar. Hvis du vil være med på denne gruppen, haster det med å søke!! (15.01.2009)
Takk "Ola norman"
Vi i Sar-El Norge vil gjerne takke "ola norman" for den "hyggelige" hilsenen vi fikk fra ham i helgen. Det er oppmuntrende med slike "velskrevne" og "varme" hilsener nå i disse vanskelige dager. Spøk til side: En varm takk till alle som tar kontakt og vil hjelpe Israel. Det er godt å se at Israel tross alt har venner i Norge! (12.01.2009)
Israel trenger frivillige!!
Krigen i Gaza gjør at Israel trenger frivillige NÅ! Benytt sjansen til å hjelpe Israel når det virkelig trengs!
Første ordinære grupper er 18. januar og 8. februar. Men hvis krigen fortsetter vil det antageligvis bli satt opp ekstragrupper 25. januar og 1. februar. Ta kontakt for nærmere opplysninger hvis du er interessert. (06.01.2009)
Rahm Emanuel har arbeidet som frivillig i Sar-El!

Det er nå bekreftet at Rahm (Rahmbo) Emanuel, som blir Barack Obamas nye stabssjef, arbeidet som frivilling i Sar-El under den første Gulf krigen i 1991. Han reparerte bremser på en base nord i Israel. I tillegg kan nevnes at Emanuels far var medlem av Irgun, en organisasjon som kjempet for en jødisk stat i mandatperioden 1933 til 1948. (10.11.2008)
Endring i programmer for 2009.
En-ukes programmet i oktober er forskjøvet en uke til 18. til 22. oktober. Datoer for de øvrige programmene i 2009 er uendret. Se de her. (28.07.2008)
Rapport fra et opphold i Israel i 2008
Jeg har lyst til å gi tilbakemelding fra tiden i Sar-El. Jeg er begeistret og takknemlig for et kjempefint opplegg og en flott tid! Les den her. (08.07.2008)
Les om Sar-El i Forsvarets Forum
Desembernummeret av Forsvarets Forum (nr. 12-07) har en flott artikkel om Sar-El. Les den her. (09.04.2008)
Statistikk for Sar-El Norge 2007 er klar!
Statistikken for frivillige til Sar-El for Norge, Sverige og Danmark er klar:
I 2007 sendte Sar-El Norge 22 frivillige til tjeneste i IDF. Fordeling på nationalitet er som følger: Norge 12, Sverige 8 og Danmark 2. Når det gjelder fordeling på kjønn er den delt på midten: 11 kvinner og 11 menn. Fordeling på alder: 18 til 30 år= 11, 31 til 50 år= 2, 51 og over= 11. Tilslutt, 5 av våre frivillige i 2007 har gjort 2 eller flere turer.

Hvorfor Danmark er så svakt representert har vi ikke noe klart svar på, antageligvis har eksponering i media i Danmark vært svakere. Aldersfordelingen er talende for hvilke aldersgrupper som kan og vil reise; stort sett de yngre og de eldre. Eldste fivilllig i 2007 fyller straks 79 år, og han er klar for en ny runde i år! Det beviser at så lenge helsen holder blir du aldri for gammel. For våre unge vil jeg minne om våre International Youth Groups (29. juni til 17. juli, og 20. juli til 7. august), det er en unik mulighet til å treffe jevnaldrene og likesinnede!
Siste nytt om reiseforsikring for frivillige fra Norge:
Gjensidige reiseforsikring har i en e-post til meg i dag presisert at reiseforsikringen til Gjensidige dekker opphold i Israel på vanlig måte, også for skader, tap og sykdom som inntreffer mens du bor og arvbeider på baser i det israelske forsvaret. Men den dekker ikke skader som skyldes krig eller krigslignende handlinger. Dette kan dekkes ved å tegne en krigsrisiko tilleggsdekning. Les mer om det her. (31.10.2008)
Reiseforsikring for våre danske venner:
Gouda Rejserforsikring bekrefter overfor Sar-El Norge at deres reiseforsikring dekker "personer med gyldigt gult sygesikringsbevis under rejse i Israel." Les mer om det her. (08.01.2008)
Gruppereisen til Israel blir utsatt til høsten 2008
På grunn av forskjellige omstendigheter blir den planlagte gruppereisen til Israel utsatt til høsten 2008 (september eller oktober). Nærmere opplysninger kommer her.(21.12.2007)
Frivillige trengs til nytt prosjekt!
Sar-El trenger frivillige til et prosjekt "syd i Israel" som begynner i slutten av desember. Det vil bety bygging av "festningsverk" og gjerder sammen med soldater, samt arbeide med logistikk. Les mer om det her. (19.11.2007)

SISTE NYTT I REISEFORSIKRINGSSAKEN!
Norske Europeiske Reiseforsikring dekker frivillige i Israel! I brev datert 13. oktober 2007 fra salgssjef John E. Bjørby presiserer han at Europeiske dekker våre frivillige i Israel. Les mer om det her. (05.10.2007)

Se YouTube snutter fra frivillilge i Sar-El!
YouTube gir flotte muligheter til å dele dine erfaringer fra Sar-El. Se hva andre frivillige har laget! Se de her. (02.10.2007)

Hvilke reiseforsikringer dekker frivillige fra Danmark og Norge?
Vi har nå fått bekreftet skriftlig fra Europæiske Rejseforsikring AS at hverken den Offentlige Sygesikring eller Europæiskes egen Årsrejseforsikring dekker frivillige fra Danmark som blir syke eller skadet når de arbeider frivillige i Sar-El. Heller ikke den norske reiseforsikringen fra TrygVesta (tidligere Vesta) dekker frivilllge i "det tidsrom de oppholder seg på basen hvor de jobber og bor". Vi advarer derfor danske frivillige mot å tegne Årsrejseforsikring hos Euopæisk Reiseforsikring AS, og vi advarer norske frivilllige mot å kjøpe reiseforsikring hos TrygVesta! Les mer om det her. (01.10.2007)

Advarsel: Fotografering på basene uten lov kan bety at du blir kastet ut fra basen og Sar-El!
Det er viktig for frivillige i Sar-El å være oppmerksom på at det er strenge regler om fotografering på basene. I utgangspunkter er det forbudt å fotografere på basene, men vanligvis aksepteres fotografering på barakkene og av andre frivillige. Men det er strengt forbudt å fotografere militære installasjoner, fly, stridsvogner og våpen, med mindre det uttrykkelig er gitt tillatelse til det. Les mer om det her. (07.08.2007)

Det venter mye arbeide på deg i Israel!
Den spesielle situasjonen i Israel nå medfører at det er svært travelt på alle basene der frivillige fra Sar-El arbeider. Dette har flere konsekvenser ikke minst mer arbeide. Les mer om det her. (12.06.2007)

Tre nye en-ukes spesial programmer i 2008.
Det er føyd til 3 nye en-ukes spesialprogrammer i 2008, 10. februar, 18. mai og 26. oktober. Les mer om det her. (12.06.2007)

Sar-El Norge planlegger gruppereise til Israel høsten 2008.
Hvis du ønsker å være med på en rundreise i Israel med lederen av Sar-El Norge som reiseleder, har du sjansen nå! Les mer om det her. (23.05.2007)

Datoene for 2008 gruppene er klare.
Les mer om det her. (14.05.2007)
Sar-El trenger frivillige!!
Sar-El trenger mange flere frivillige! Behovet er stort, spesielt nå i mai og i juni, men også fra september og til vinteren. Det er mange skandinaver som reisere på gruppene 24. juni og 8. juli, og det er plass til flere!
Tilbud om US Army Issue religiøse smykker i stål (Davidstjerne, Chai, Hamsa og kors).
Les mer om det her. (01.12.2006)

Direktefly Stockholm - Tel Aviv starter 27. mars 2007. Priser fra SEK 1.495 en vei.
Flytid blir 4 timer og 10 minutter, og flytypen Airbus 320 med 175 seter!
Les mer om det her. (24.11.2006)

Vil du virkelig hjelpe Israel og ikke bare prate?
Sett av 3 uker til frivillig arbeide i den Israelske hæren!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 PM

Hi yeah I have emailed them, in scandinavia to see if there is room for little me LOL, but I still wonder what you mean by discount ticket, cause on the website it say that you pay for your own airfare ticket... ant it ain´t cheep flying to Israel LOL.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Retired

haamimhagolan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi yeah I have emailed them, in scandinavia to see if there is room for little me LOL, but I still wonder what you mean by discount ticket, cause on the website it say that you pay for your own airfare ticket... ant it ain´t cheep flying to Israel LOL.
I cannot speak for flights out of Sweden. Coming out of nations with larger Jewish populations, however, Sar-El is usually able to arrange discounted airfare, due to the volume of travelers that they handle. This was my experience years ago - flying out of New York. I would expect that this would also be true for flights originating out of London, Paris or Berlin. You may not be able to get the same rate, however, flying a direct route out of Stockholm (assuming that there is such a thing).

Keep trying. You may also have better luck if you can connect with a group of college students.

Oh yeah - love the avatar.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haamimhagolan View Post
I cannot speak for flights out of Sweden. Coming out of nations with larger Jewish populations, however, Sar-El is usually able to arrange discounted airfare, due to the volume of travelers that they handle. This was my experience years ago - flying out of New York. I would expect that this would also be true for flights originating out of London, Paris or Berlin. You may not be able to get the same rate, however, flying a direct route out of Stockholm (assuming that there is such a thing).

Keep trying. You may also have better luck if you can connect with a group of college students.

Oh yeah - love the avatar.

I actully think there will be able to take a direct flicght from Stockholm to Tel Aviv during this summer, so that might be an oppertunity. Hate swopping flights and doing loads of travelling, had my fair share when going to UK and ended up in south, and I was staying up north. Only took me 6 hours standing in a crouded train enjoying the the massive fields outside whit thousand of cheeps. That was a journey i´ll never do again, at least not with a big suitchase weighing 10 tones and no wheels on it!
I have been contacting loads of people now, so hopefully i will sooner or later get my bum over to Israel and do something for my home country.

Oh yeh that avatar, was the only thing I found on my PC, from earlier days when doing modelling brrrrrr, funny enough i don´t age much, weee. se if i can find a better picture later on. Hate taking pictures worst thing ever.

Thank you for your tips :-)
Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 AM

CoastGuardswimmer is on a distinguished road

I have heard that for the IDF, if your a Doctor, you can get in a lot older because the IDF is hurting for Doctors and possibly medics. H
Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Good luck ZparklingAngel with everything, and stay safe :)

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

Coast guard many doctors in Israel, so many some do not work as doctors. I was in army with man from argentina whos brother worked as builder. The brother was a doctor. :)
Israel Forum