Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Navy Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navy Forum Israeli Navy discussion, submarines, frigates and Israeli naval forces + Navy's from other nations.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM

Darius is on a distinguished road
Default German landing craft in Israels Navy?

Hello,

for a project about german landing craft I´m looking for more data about a special type.

In "Jane´s Fighting Ships 1964-65" there´s a photo on page 135 showing an israelian landing craft like the german type MFP of World War 2.

Do you have more data about this craft? I have only this mentioned above.

Thank you

Darius
Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM

Jester is on a distinguished road

Is this what you are looking for?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:33 PM

demarcation is on a distinguished road

The Vessel in the picture is the BAT SHEVA, Built in the Netherland's in 1967 and puchased by the Israeli Navy in 1969, She is no longer in service, In the background about a quarter of the hull length from the bow can be seen the conning tower of one of the three second world war LSMs (Landing ship Medium), Acquired by the Navy from Commercial sources in 1972.

The Israeli Navy did use two Ex German Kriegsmarine MFP vessels acquired in the period 1948/49, Information on them is limited and they probably passed from service in the early to mid 1960s, I have no idea where they came from but my guess is Yugoslavia as the German's operated them in the Adriatic and the Yugoslav's used some of them post war possibly as late as the 1970s, And the Yugoslavian's had a good relationship with the Israeli Government in the late 40s.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 PM

demarcation is on a distinguished road

I have some new information, Apparently the vessel's came from Italy and were purchased in 1948, I have three pennant number's and some detail's

P25 and P33, Were Commissioned in 1948 and retired in 1957
P31, Was Commissioned in 1948 and retired "After a brief time".
Israel Forum