Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Arrow 'Hamas has built up a force of 20,000'

'Hamas has built up a force of 20,000'

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Since the 2005 disengagement from the Gaza Strip, Hamas has built up a formidable military numbering 20,000 armed men, many of whom have been trained in Iran and Lebanon, a report by an Israeli think tank revealed on Thursday.

Entitled "Hamas's Military Buildup in the Gaza Strip", the report - compiled by the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center - detailed the structure of the Hamas military force in Gaza, naming commanders of its various brigades and the type of weapons it has succeeded in smuggling into Gaza through the Sinai.

According to the think tank that has close ties with the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency), which provides most of the information in the report, Hamas's military buildup is currently at its peak although its completion will take another few years.

Hamas's military capabilities are based on the Izzedin al-Kassam Brigades - the group's military wing responsible for the terror attacks against Israel.
In the event of a large-scale Israeli invasion of Gaza, the report claims that Hamas would refrain from fighting against the IDF in open areas but would instead channel the fighting into more densely-populated areas. "Hizbullah's success in providing an asymmetric response to the IDF's might during the second Lebanon war made it a role model for Hamas," the report states. "The lessons of the second Lebanon war also illustrated the importance of having a strong military force which could stand fast and survive to protect Hamas's control of the Gaza Strip, like the military force Hizbullah established in south Lebanon."

The commander of the al-Kassam Brigades, which numbers 10,000 operatives, is Ahmed Ja'abri, who took over following the assassination attempt on Mohammed Deif in July 2006 that left the supreme Hamas commander seriously injured.

In addition to the brigades, Hamas also controls the Executive Force which numbers another 10,000 operatives. There are also another 3-4 thousand operatives who belong to other terror groups - Islamic Jihad, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine etc. - and these would also likely join Hamas's fight against the IDF in the event of an Israeli invasion. According to the report, the northern Gaza brigade is commanded by Ahmed Ghandour; two brigades in Gaza City are commanded by Ja'abari; the central Gaza brigade is commanded by Ayman Nawfal who is currently in prison in Egypt and two brigades in southern Gaza - one in Khan Yunis and one in Rafah - are respectively commanded by Muhammad Sinwar and Ra'ed al-Atar.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Dragon

joejd12 is on a distinguished road

they have 1 1/2 million.... practically 99% of the palestinians in the gaza strip are terrorist or anti israeli/semitic.....

but those numbers wouldnt mean a thing if our leaders would just have the backbone to shell the entire strip or hit it with airstrikes....

completely razing gaza to the ground and annexing it would be the best course of action for israel (i think, ive been proven wrong before), it would give us more terrirtory (vital whne you country is 25000 km squared, to put that into perspective canada is almost 10 000 000km squared), it would strengthen our position in any future peace negotiations, it would rule out the need for the single biggest hurdle in the peace deal (other than the fact that the palestinians dont want peace) the land bridge between gaza and the west bank; which effectively cuts israel in half, and it would eliminate a front in a uture war....

and before the action that was described above is taken, the government should open the egyptian-gaza border and call a press conference saying that the palestinians have a limited amount of time to move to egypt or they will be considered, and treated, as terrorists.... that would decrease the international pressure (thought not by much) and will ensure that anyone who truly wants to get out, will, so its like insurance to make sure you dont kill any TRUE non-combatants....
of course there would be international pressure, but there are ways to limit that, and the benefits would be worth it (once again, thats only my view)....

Last edited by joejd12; 04-10-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

You mean you want to treat Palestinians the same way Palestinians treat Israelis? How shocking!

You know how Hamas tries to portray themselves as the victims of an Israeli "holocaust" but if the Palestinians had the power the world would not have to image a new Holocaust of Jews in Israel because they would see one on a par of Adolf Hitler’s Third Reich and not some photo ops for foreign press with staged events for props. How stupid are foreign press? Very Stupid, if you ask me!

Last edited by Paparock; 04-10-2008 at 10:47 PM..
Old 04-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
You mean you want to treat Palestinians the same way Palestinians treat Israelis? How shocking!

You know how Hamas tries to portray themselves as the victims of an Israeli "holocaust" but if the Palestinians had the power the world would not have to image a new Holocaust of Jews in Israel because they would see one on a par of Adolf Hitler’s Third Reich and not some photo ops for foreign press with staged events for props. How stupid are foreign press? Very Stupid, if you ask me!

I dont know if you meant to criticize what i said (which i wouldnt blame you for by the way, its a discussion forum) or you were simply pointing out the fact that the press (that includes some israeli media sources) are VERY STUPID....

but... i was just wondering.... since my idea's single biggest hazard is mounting international pressure (at least in my opinion, if you believe all palestinians are saints, well... you got other problems), whast the absolute worst that can happen (assuming we are under un-precedented international pressure and dont comply)?

i personally think it would probably only go as far as embargos etc. and that we can pull it off if we do it in a short time span....
Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

No, NO! My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I said what I did. The Palestinians deserve to be treated as they treat Israel however due to the Israeli people having such higher moral and ethical standards they do not return in kind the abuse and murderous behavior that the Palestinians deal out to Israelis through “Hatred and Terror Attacks.” Israel is much more tolerant of them than I would likely be under your circumstances. Israel's tolerance and longsuffering before such provocation as the Palestinians and Muslim World offer is quite amazing in my view.

It always seems like the world expects Israel to take being attacked and its people murdered yet are all too fast to judge Israel when after repeated attacks they react. The International Press and many in foreign governments including my own in the USA would have to pull their collective heads out of where they seem to keep them planted lately in order to have any hope of seeing much less understanding the truth of Israel’s situation with the Palestinians. I once asked a high racking US Senator if Israel should not start actually treating the Palestinians the way the Palestinians' and so many Muslim governments accuse Israel of doing. I even offered for Israel to follow America’s example in dealing with a hostile group living within and surrounding its boulders but when he realized what I was meaning he quickly replied, “Oh, No I don’t mean that at all.”

I understand I am quite radical in my own personal ideas on this subject but I take it personally. This is just my own personal view but any terrorist that targets and kills Israeli civilians, especially women and children should have their remains buried in an unmarked grave and not returned to the Palestinian Authority or any Palestinian group. My reason; there is nothing lower on this earth than someone who deliberately targets civilian women and children for targets of terrorism attacks. Anyone who seeks to glorify such an act as a “godly” act has no concept or understanding of God. Since that person insulted the bodies of Israelis by his or her blasphemous act of murder against their bodies as well as against GOD, in turn should forever lie in shame not returned to be honored as a hero and martyr of Islam. If the Palestinians want to fight someone then let them fight Israeli soldiers but terror attacks upon Israeli unarmed civilian women and children should not be granted any dignity whatsoever. Such action would let it be known, die in battle you will be returned but die deliberately targeting and murdering our women and children by acts of terror will cause you to lie unmarked forever. That’s my “softened” opinion.

Last edited by Paparock; 04-13-2008 at 12:26 AM..
Old 04-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Dragon

Quote:

It always seems like the world expects Israel to take being attacked and its people murdered yet are all too fast to judge Israel when after repeated attacks they react. The International Press and many in foreign governments including my own in the USA would have to pull their collective heads out of where they seem to keep them planted lately in order to have any hope of seeing much less understanding the truth of Israel’s situation with the Palestinians. I once asked a high racking US Senator if Israel should not start actually treating the Palestinians the way the Palestinians' and so many Muslim governments accuse Israel of doing. I even offered for Israel to follow America’s example in dealing with a hostile group living within and surrounding its boulders but when he realized what I was meaning he quickly replied, “Oh, No I don’t mean that at all.”

I understand I am quite radical in my own personal ideas on this subject but I take it personally. This is just my own personal view but any terrorist that targets and kills Israeli civilians, especially women and children should have their remains buried in an unmarked grave and not returned to the Palestinian Authority or any Palestinian group. My reason; there is nothing lower on this earth than someone who deliberately targets civilian women and children for targets of terrorism attacks. Anyone who seeks to glorify such an act as a “godly” act has no concept or understanding of God. Since that person insulted the bodies of Israelis by his or her blasphemous act of murder against their bodies as well as against GOD, in turn should forever lie in shame not returned to be honored as a hero and martyr of Islam. If the Palestinians want to fight someone then let them fight Israeli soldiers but terror attacks upon Israeli unarmed civilian women and children should not be granted any dignity whatsoever. Such action would let it be known, die in battle you will be returned but die deliberately targeting and murdering our women and children by acts of terror will cause you to lie unmarked forever. That’s my “softened” opinion.

when did you get a chance to meet with a senator? and i completely agree with you about the whole North american, and the western media, being way too liberal... i saw a poll not long ago that said around 80% of journalists in the US are liberals or at least democrats (ium not sure if 80% was liberals alone or liberals AND democrats) while only 20% of journalists are conservatives/republicans...

and why just an unmarked grave? id roll their remains in pig fat then either burn them or let them rot somewhere.....
Old 05-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

soso is on a distinguished road

Something strange
Old 05-10-2008, 01:25 AM

morty is on a distinguished road

Israel needs to carpet bomb that strip.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:53 AM

Israeli is on a distinguished road
Angry Hamas must go to the hell

Quote:
'Hamas has built up a force of 20,000'

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Since the 2005 disengagement from the Gaza Strip, Hamas has built up a formidable military numbering 20,000 armed men, many of whom have been trained in Iran and Lebanon, a report by an Israeli think tank revealed on Thursday.

Entitled "Hamas's Military Buildup in the Gaza Strip", the report - compiled by the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center - detailed the structure of the Hamas military force in Gaza, naming commanders of its various brigades and the type of weapons it has succeeded in smuggling into Gaza through the Sinai.

According to the think tank that has close ties with the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency), which provides most of the information in the report, Hamas's military buildup is currently at its peak although its completion will take another few years.

Hamas's military capabilities are based on the Izzedin al-Kassam Brigades - the group's military wing responsible for the terror attacks against Israel.
In the event of a large-scale Israeli invasion of Gaza, the report claims that Hamas would refrain from fighting against the IDF in open areas but would instead channel the fighting into more densely-populated areas. "Hizbullah's success in providing an asymmetric response to the IDF's might during the second Lebanon war made it a role model for Hamas," the report states. "The lessons of the second Lebanon war also illustrated the importance of having a strong military force which could stand fast and survive to protect Hamas's control of the Gaza Strip, like the military force Hizbullah established in south Lebanon."

The commander of the al-Kassam Brigades, which numbers 10,000 operatives, is Ahmed Ja'abri, who took over following the assassination attempt on Mohammed Deif in July 2006 that left the supreme Hamas commander seriously injured.

In addition to the brigades, Hamas also controls the Executive Force which numbers another 10,000 operatives. There are also another 3-4 thousand operatives who belong to other terror groups - Islamic Jihad, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine etc. - and these would also likely join Hamas's fight against the IDF in the event of an Israeli invasion. According to the report, the northern Gaza brigade is commanded by Ahmed Ghandour; two brigades in Gaza City are commanded by Ja'abari; the central Gaza brigade is commanded by Ayman Nawfal who is currently in prison in Egypt and two brigades in southern Gaza - one in Khan Yunis and one in Rafah - are respectively commanded by Muhammad Sinwar and Ra'ed al-Atar.
There is no country called Palestine, or even Lebanon, a country that has the least and does not even have the minimum level of security, Beirut airport is completely surrounded by the forces of Hizbolah terrorists, where is the police from the armed Lebanese ? there's nothing ... The Arabs and Muslims remain all the time beasts minors without any value and try to disrupt and make terrorist attacks against Israel, only the IDF and military intervention on its part will put an end to this chaos caused by a&m
Israel Forum