Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:07 PM

tanks_alot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone View Post
sar-el did i spell it right
סאראל
Almost, שר-אל.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 AM

psyops is on a distinguished road

Al Jazeera's new English language cable channel ran a piece on Israeli draft dodgers day before yesterday, claiming that up to 25% of young Israelis attempt to evade service in the IDF. They also ran an interview with a young Israeli woman who faked psychological maladies to evade serving in the IDF. She struck me as completely selfish without a wit of moral misgiving over serving in the military. In other words her motivation to dodge the draft was purely selfish; she was no conscientious objector, of that I'm quite certain. She was just one of those people who were perfectly willing to let others die to protect her, without ever considering the act of reciprocation. It's a growing problem in Israel. Legislators have proposed restrictions on draft dodgers including a refusal to let them vote or to receive welfare benefits from the state.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
First of all America is Israel only true friend and ally. Without American support, the situation would not be good for Israel.

But America is not in Afghanistan for Israel. You were attacked, and if you had been attacked and done nothing you would look weak. And America can not afford to look weak, and besides it's not in the American character.
May I remind you that per capita, Canadians in Afghanistan have the highest casualty rate and I can assure you that our soldiers are not fighting and dying for Israel.

You are not in Iraq because of Israel. You are in Iraq because your leaders thought that Iraq was a threat to America. As it turns out there were no weapons of mass destruction.

You say that jihadists are fighting America because of Israel. Do you really think that if you stop your support for Israel, that the muslim world will all of a sudden love you. Do you think the planned terrorist attacks in Canadian cities has anything to do with Israel? Are the terrorist attacks in Bali, Thailand, or the Philipines related to Israel? This is a clash of civilizations, and Israel is a small part of it. The people we are dealing with are fascists, and fascists always want more and more. You give them what they want and their demands will change. The Muslim world has a whole list of things that make them angry over the West and Israel is one of them. Remember that.
Well said Cam !

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Gold Member

dzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
Almost, שר-אל.
תודה רבה!

Last edited by dzone; 08-13-2007 at 08:51 PM..
Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM

psyops is on a distinguished road

Yes, yes, those who claim Islamic animosity against the US would exist without our symbiosis with Israel, are correct. However, those who deny our support of Israel is the major exacerbating cause of this animosity are self-delusional. On the other hand, the Gulf War had little to do with Israel, at least not directly. Our motivation for kicking Sadaam out of Kuwait was because he threatened the uninterruptible supply of oil to the West. Sadaam only made it look like Israel was a direct antagonist by firing scuds at her. Israel probably butted out not only because we asked her to, but also because Mossad knew our B-52's were killing more Islamic antagonists in two weeks than the state of Israel had killed in her entire 60 year history. I have no doubt that the American killing of 200,000+ Arab combatants in the Gulf War was one of the factors leading up to 9/11.

Last edited by psyops; 08-14-2007 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 PM

huntley(spain) is on a distinguished road

I'm Christian ( but with jewish roots) and I'm proud to support my brothers from Israel.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:06 PM

sabradan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
Well, either that or you can marry an Israeli, try to sneak into Israel as a refugee, or be really really good in sport, so the public will pressure the interior ministry to give you citizinship so you could play on the national team.
Is that a jab at Toto Tamuz? He's an Israeli citizen now, and even when he wasn't *technically* an Israeli, he's lived here his whole life, so for all intents and purposes should have been considered Israeli to begin with.

Oh, and uh, YALLA BEITAR.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyops View Post
Over 4000 Americans have died in Iraq and Afghanistan, 29 last week, and at least 26,000 have been seriously wounded. The fiscal cost of fighting Islamic terrorism has been staggering as well. Do any members of this board believe that this huge sacrifice has anything to do with America "standing by Israel"? If not, why do you think captured terrorists use terms like "jihad against America" and "jihad against the Jews" interchangeably, like they're one and the same thing? Why do Arab newspapers maintain the same position?

Because from the time a child is born in the Muslim nations of the Middle East here are the sounds he is greeted to morning, noon, and night from his family, his nations leaders, and his religious Imams; so what do you expect him to believe. Read: http://www.israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=2873

Genesis17:19 (And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Genesis 21:1-14 ( 1 Now the LORD was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised. 2 Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. 3 Abraham gave the name Isaac [a] to the son Sarah bore him. 4 When his son Isaac was eight days old, Abraham circumcised him, as God commanded him. 5 Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. 6 Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me." 7 And she added, "Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age." 8 The child grew and was weaned, and on the day Isaac was weaned Abraham held a great feast. 9 But Sarah saw that the son whom Hagar the Egyptian had borne to Abraham was mocking, 10 and she said to Abraham, "Get rid of that slave woman and her son, for that slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with my son Isaac." 11 The matter distressed Abraham greatly because it concerned his son. 12 But God said to him, "Do not be so distressed about the boy and your maidservant. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring [b] will be reckoned. 13 I will make the son of the maidservant into a nation also, because he is your offspring." 14 Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the desert of Beersheba. )
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 08-18-2007, 10:01 PM

kryp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabradan View Post
Is that a jab at Toto Tamuz? He's an Israeli citizen now, and even when he wasn't *technically* an Israeli, he's lived here his whole life, so for all intents and purposes should have been considered Israeli to begin with.

Oh, and uh, YALLA BEITAR.
WTF? he was born in israel?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM

sabradan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryp View Post
WTF? he was born in israel?
No, but he came here when he was like, 2 or something like that. He may as well have been. The whole controversery around him is bull**** because he was israeli in everything but name only.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 AM

ronnie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW RON View Post
Yes it partly has to do with standing by Israel, but certainly not the main reason, on Sept 11 2001, the US was attacked, and the US understood it had to lead a war against terror everywhere, especially Islamic terror, but not only! The US is now enganged in fighting a war in places some here can't even imagine! George W Bush, whos greatest achievement will be this war on terror, said in 2001 it will take time, but we will prevail!

God bless George W Bush if only for the War on Terror! And the sacrifices paid by US troops will be paid back a million times, when Terrorists are finally squashed like a leaf under an elephant! God bless US and Israeli troops who have been the main warriors against terrorists! (And our allies also ofcourse)
Don't ever forget that these soldiers, fight, get injured, and finally do the ultimate sacrifice of dying for thier country, so the rest of us can wake up in the morning!!!! Let no one forget this!

Hi NEW RON

I wud like to add somethin to it.....Let's put G.W Bush aside for a while, and lets talk about our standings on terrorism.......i strictly feel that any terrorrist group or organization should be wiped out of the face of this EARTH.....and now let's put Israel in its place and it's fight against terrrorism......i salute that......u know my country is also facing the same but my country is pretty big in its area and also in it's approach to such issues i mean "big-hearted" so to say so many innocent lives are lost to terror attacks but v do nothin.......cos v believe in Gandhian principles....but i don't know why leaders of my country don't understand that Psycopaths can't understand anythin(terrorrists) so why shower MERCY to them......thats why i love Israel's stands on Terrorrists and it's enemies.....that is CRUSH them......if at all such days come that we need to fight for Israel i too will do that and bringing in Mr Bush's contribution i say that it is a bold step .........but depends how the outcome will turn to be as with the Cleaning we also are...losing human lives(US-Brit-other coalition soldiers)....
Regards...Ronnie..(INDIA)
Old 09-26-2007, 08:50 PM

ronel7 is on a distinguished road

He Who Watches Over Thee Shall Neither Sleep Nor Rest.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:09 PM

David250 is on a distinguished road

Im a christian boy from the land of Norway. Ive been raised to love Israel, to bad here in Norway there isent many which supports Israel mostly because of the muslims. But there are companies who love and support Israel here.I was in Israel 2 months ago and i simply fell in love with the country. I met alot of interesting people both young and old. Im 17 years old my self. I really wanna move to Israel and support the country in my heart.. and the best way to support in my oppinion is to fight for 3 years.

So do u even have to be a jew or a israeli citien to serve for the idf? Is there no other way?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

Abu Jahal is on a distinguished road
Question Oh ?

How much the salary in IDF ?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:34 PM

philtang is on a distinguished road
Default christian volunteers for TSAHAL

The only possibility to enter into an israeli base for a christian foreigner is to volunteer for the SAR-EL organisation
So i will fly in january to israel for 2 weeks with 12 other christian french friends
we will all be proud to wear an israeli uniform and to share the life of the israeli soldiers, even if of course we will not carry a weapon or go fighting!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM

[MakkabI] is on a distinguished road

^^ thats awesome!!! Welcome to Israel!!

Thank you guys for supporting Israel!!!

Take care mates!

I cant wait to join IDF soon when I finish university (australia)!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM

MiaG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtang View Post
The only possibility to enter into an israeli base for a christian foreigner is to volunteer for the SAR-EL organisation
So i will fly in january to israel for 2 weeks with 12 other christian french friends
we will all be proud to wear an israeli uniform and to share the life of the israeli soldiers, even if of course we will not carry a weapon or go fighting!
That is wonderful philtang - I'll be thinking of you in January.

I am also thinking of volunteering for a 3 week trip with Sar-El some time later in 2008. Can't wait to hear your report on your return.

Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל‎, Yisra'el) - the country of my heart
*** Am Yisra'el Chai ***
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Hi NEW RON

I wud like to add somethin to it.....Let's put G.W Bush aside for a while, and lets talk about our standings on terrorism.......i strictly feel that any terrorrist group or organization should be wiped out of the face of this EARTH.....and now let's put Israel in its place and it's fight against terrrorism......i salute that......u know my country is also facing the same but my country is pretty big in its area and also in it's approach to such issues i mean "big-hearted" so to say so many innocent lives are lost to terror attacks but v do nothin.......cos v believe in Gandhian principles....but i don't know why leaders of my country don't understand that Psycopaths can't understand anythin(terrorrists) so why shower MERCY to them......thats why i love Israel's stands on Terrorrists and it's enemies.....that is CRUSH them......if at all such days come that we need to fight for Israel i too will do that and bringing in Mr Bush's contribution i say that it is a bold step .........but depends how the outcome will turn to be as with the Cleaning we also are...losing human lives(US-Brit-other coalition soldiers)....
Regards...Ronnie..(INDIA)

Nice to meet you Ronnie

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Jahal View Post
How much the salary in IDF ?
Why you want to become chaplain? And teach the religion of "tolerance" to IDF troops?

~ Golda Meir~

Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 AM

grunt82abn is on a distinguished road
Default Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex1337 View Post
It just would not make sense for American Christians to serve on the IDF.
It's for a good cause. I know plenty of Jews who served and fought with me in the US Army. Why shouldn't I be allowed to join my buddies who have gone into the IDF? Same fight, Same enemy! Whether or not I am Jew should make no difference as long as I am willing to pick-up a rifle and fight for Israel. Thats how I feel about the matter!
Israel Forum