Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > General > Sports
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports news from around the world.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM

Carl is on a distinguished road
Default Israeli national sports

Hi,

What is the national Israel sport?... what are the most practised sports in Israel?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

Kadur Regil--Football! Mispar #1 - Number #1!

Kadur Sal--Basketball is exceeding popular and we're not half-bad at it. Especially the tall African players with North American accents in their Hebrew. Also a national favourite.

Glishat Ru'akh--Windsurfing, in which we do well in international competition.

Omanut L'khima--Martial Arts, many practitioners.

Tenis--Tennis. We have a good tennis centre, and a few stars.

Ice Hockey, gymnastics, softball, North American football, rugby and other sports have much smaller followings, but are established. I recently looked into joining an archery club, and found recurve, self bows, longs bows all popular, with organized tournaments. I am sure I am forgetting a few of the smaller sports.

In the park across the street from me there is a Pétanque or French lawn bowls lawn, and I actually saw some aged gentlement playing. Almost like English lawn bowls.

Haifa just built a brand new FIFA-standard stadium, ultra-modern and all-weather. That's serious sport. Haifa grows crazy on fixtures days. Fan rivalry can get serious in Haifa, though not like Jerusalem fixtures.

Last edited by David of Galilee; 08-22-2013 at 01:19 PM..
Israel Forum