Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Religion > Judaism
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Gold Member

noman is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Having Jewish roots--maybe?

If a genealogical tree can be trusted- 1,000 years ago one of the Family tree roots was Jewish-the House of Aaron and the House of David. however the father "converted" and the sons married non-jewish spoueses..sometimes I wonder how my life would have been if not one but all the family roots stayed Jewish...how would my life have been changed?
1) Would probably have married a Jewish Female spouse.
2) Would probably have gone up to Israel
3) Would probably have raised children in the Hebrew faith
4) Would probably have influenced personel attitiudes toward voting for Israeli Leadership....who would I vote for?
Someone who beleives that Jewish refugees have a right to settle in Judea and Samaria..even if the whole Gentile world/United Nation screams in hatred at the thought of such a "radical" Idea. If fact if given a choice between Jewish Settlements and letting those who hate israel eery day stay in the Land--such a person who expel all the haters to the Gentile world outside Greater Israel boundries {Where the United Nations will pamper to their every need-except living in Israel with their everlasting hatred} and being in Jewish settlers to live their faith in the Covenant and who do not wish to be assisilated into the Gentile World.
Jabotinsky would probably endorsed the idea of "Jewish Settlement" in Judea and Samaria had he lived...but would it have got him elected?
Who would I not vote for?
Those who think that Israel "Security" is land for Peace...notwithstanding it violates the Covant between the L-d and the People of Israel...and hope that Israel will become part of the Gentile world ...such as the Arab Middle East; of Africa; of Europe, of Russia, of the Americas; of Asia...anything to submerge Israel special uniques...and ultimate dissappearnce..wither by cultural/physcial assimilation...to a larger but not Jewish Culture...or by Cultural/physical anninihaltion by "mad" populace ...
Accomidation with Arab/Muslin states..who still moan that Jewish Settlement in what was a cultural backwater of the Old Ottman Empire is the biggest disaster to befall the Arab World...
Begin signed a peace treaty with Egypt and lived his days in sorrow
Rabin signed an accomidation with the PLO..and was assissianted
Sharon had the IDF destroy Jewish Settlements in Judea and Samaria..and ended his days in a coma
I'm not out to win the votes of the Arab world for peace at Any price...I dont plan or wish to be a politiation!

Last edited by noman; 01-10-2016 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: editing
Old 01-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road

I think the character of your heart and your life speak for you Noman. G_d looks deeper than men look and that is how even non-Jews found grace under the house of Israel and in G_ d's site in Hebrew Scripture.

One whole side of my family tree is unknown because of family circumstance which I will never know the truth of. Therefore, I focus on what "I" can affect and let G_d take care of the rest because we are here for only a short time and I have so little of it remaining.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 01-10-2016 at 02:57 PM..
Old 01-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Thanks...

Old 01-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Gold Member

I'm frankly not a very religious person--and yet.....I'll always remember an incidence of faith in the L-d {I read it years ago in a book of Jewish shoah stories}...a Jewish woman was about to be executed by the Germans..she made a request from a german for a knife...which he gave to her..she then cimcumcised a male child she had given birth to...her words...L-d you blessed me with a child..I give back to you a Jewish child.."

That is an example of heartfelt faith in the L-d.
Israel Forum