Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:31 AM

Shanghi is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
Without the sunshine traditionally blown up people's, um, noses - none what-so-ever. I could write flowery paragraphs if you so desire, but that is the reality.
Well thank you for not trying to sugar coat it! As has been said in other posts its pretty much an impossibility to actively sever in the IDF To be honest i am not so interested in combat (been there done that....) but would like to help where & how it is possible! So I will continue to fight the good fight for the hearts & minds of those with the misguided thinking & predisposed prejudiced against the greatest nation to ever grace this planet! I may not be Jewish by birth but in spirit I am all there!! When & if.... as twostrike says, the need for more bodies is required just send me a post & ill get there ASAP! Oh & ill bring my own fire power & amo if need be! Shalom to you & to the IDF!!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Dragon

HideNSeek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghi View Post
Well thank you for not trying to sugar coat it! As has been said in other posts its pretty much an impossibility to actively sever in the IDF To be honest i am not so interested in combat (been there done that....) but would like to help where & how it is possible! So I will continue to fight the good fight for the hearts & minds of those with the misguided thinking & predisposed prejudiced against the greatest nation to ever grace this planet! I may not be Jewish by birth but in spirit I am all there!! When & if.... as twostrike says, the need for more bodies is required just send me a post & ill get there ASAP! Oh & ill bring my own fire power & amo if need be! Shalom to you & to the IDF!!
Sar-El, might be something of interest for you (basically a volunteer).

http://www.sar-el.org/
Old 08-22-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideNSeek View Post
Sar-El, might be something of interest for you (basically a volunteer).

http://www.sar-el.org/
Thanks HideNSeek! I will most definitely have a look into Sar-El! Not sure that a two week stint would be much of a help to the IDF but I will certainly look into this! I wonder if you can do a long term stint? Will have to do some home work!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

SHanghi, some of them are 3 weeks stints. If you look at the home-page of that site, in the Schedule section, it explains the regular dates of duration. On one of the video clips on the Sar-el thread I gave you the link to there is a US gentleman who very regularly goes. There is absolutely no limit of the number of times you can go but you need to return to your home country at the end of each stint there. If you have the time, they have a place for you. I am sure you will be appreciated, but remember that it is menial work but obviously frees up a fully trained solder to do the job he is trained to do.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Reform Jew is on a distinguished road

I'll enlist the IDF on May 5. Until I will have intensive Hebrew courses. And I will arrive to Israel in February or March I guess. :)
Old 08-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Dragon

All the information anyone interested needs is here:

http://www.mahal-idf-volunteers.org/

Old 08-22-2010, 01:23 PM

Sweet! Thanks Forum_Addict! I think 3weeks should be good! Gona give that a try! Must just get the right times & set it all up now! Like i said before i dont mind what i do really! Can help cleaning the toilets if need be but would just love to spend some time in the IDF in service! I have many skills that I can & would love to bring to bare! This may be a good opportunity to get the experience needed & to give something to the people of Israel! Busy downloading the video clip now!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forums_Addict View Post
All the information anyone interested needs is here:

http://www.mahal-idf-volunteers.org/

Hay awesome!! There were more South African volunteers than any other nation!! Way cool! There may be place for me yet! Think its time to seriously look into this! I am very keen! I thought i recognised the old chaps() accent! Good on you!! My utmost respect!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Dragon

Hi Shanghi, I think the Sar-el thread is what will interest you if you want to help. The link I gave you yesterday.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forums_Addict View Post
Hi Shanghi, I think the Sar-el thread is what will interest you if you want to help. The link I gave you yesterday.
Thanks Forum_Addict i found it! Have had a good read throe it all today! Sounds awesome & definitely worth the effort! Thanks again for the help!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Dragon

You're welcome

Old 08-22-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reform Jew View Post
I'll enlist the IDF on May 5. Until I will have intensive Hebrew courses. And I will arrive to Israel in February or March I guess. :)
Good for you Reform Jew! I hope that it is all you expect & more! Enjoy every minute of your time in the IDF! & please keep us updated to your progress! Will be fun to here how u are doing?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Banned

dfisch is on a distinguished road

I did Mahal in 1987 and it was like a basic training army course.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisch View Post
I did Mahal in 1987 and it was like a basic training army course.
Just so our readers don't get confused, in another post you stated you did MARVA in 1987.

Marva was a "summer camp" program.
MAHAL is serving in the IDF.

Which did you do?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2209943783

Last edited by rafi; 11-07-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Old 11-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

johnboy is on a distinguished road

Quote dfisch I did Marva back in 1987
your right there Rafi
Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

I did Marva first to pick up more hebrew since my father (Israeli) didn't speak it much in the house. After Marva, I went into Mahal and left after getting hurt in 1988. If I didn't get hurt I would have stayed in Mahal for the full 14 months.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

I almost forgot that I also did Ulpan at Kibbutz Kfar Hanassi before Marva.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisch View Post
I did Marva first to pick up more hebrew since my father (Israeli) didn't speak it much in the house. After Marva, I went into Mahal and left after getting hurt in 1988. If I didn't get hurt I would have stayed in Mahal for the full 14 months.
Mr Fisch,

You stated you did MARVA in 1987, then state you did MAHAL in 1987.
Then you stated that MAHAL is like basic training.
You state your father is Israeli, which makes you Israeli. But you participated in MAHAL, which is prohibited by law for Israelis to participate in.

I think you have probably convinced yourself that at som point in life you served in the IDF, but I simply do not believe you. It is beyond the realm of possibility for a real veteran of MAHAL to refer to the experience as being something like basic training. And an insult to those who actually put themselves in harms way for my people.

I think you will find it easier to continue to pretend you are an IDF veteran on a website that doesn't have real IDF veterans who post on it. I find it interesting that you made no mention of a Mispar Ishi, which would have been easy to run through the system to confirm your identity.

I am banning you from this website, but leaving your posts up. They have been educational for us all.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Retired

odie072 is on a distinguished road

As we are a few days away from Veterans Day here in the States, let me say THANK YOU to the real Vets past and present. You have spent too many lonely, thankless hours away from family and friends, a lot, in harms way. No matter what Country your in.

Thank You!

odie072
Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I flew home last night from Miami to Connecticut.

On the flight was a veteran from Afganistan, traveling with his wife.
Handsome excellent muscualture big smile on his face. Proudly still wearing his unit t shirt.

He boarded first, as both of his legs were lost in the war, and needed the extra time to get settled. My impression of him was that he was approaching life from the viewpoint of that he is now more challenged, but he certainly was not handicapped.

A sobering reminder of who the real heros are, and that for so many,the fighting never ends.

Last edited by rafi; 11-08-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Israel Forum