Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 AM

sparrow is on a distinguished road
Default Personal Question

Shalom friends,
My name is Ziv and i'm from australia. I have a beaurocratic question for those of you who may have experienced my dilema before. I want to make aliyah in 2012. I know of the compulsory military service for the israeli youth and that I would come under this category as well (my being in the age bracket). I am enthusiastic about fulfilling such a duty and am more than happy to step forward however, there is one factor that may impede my participation in this process that i am unsure about.

In part, my question affords a yes or no answer from most administrations and authorities however, i have been told before that many things in the aliyah process are closer to the individual circumstances of the situation being assessed to provide the 'grey area' answers. - Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the situational assessment processes or further ignorance involving this subject. So, for the sake of saving us from multiple back and forth posts and emailing, i will summarize the situation for those of you who can provide answers on the topic.

When i was 16, a group of locals attacked me due to my religion (Jewish) and in the defense of my person, my response (unarmed) surpassed theirs (they were armed knife, bottle, bat) and two of my attackers went to hospital and one is now disabled. I was charged with the crimes that coincided with their 'description' of what happened and faced a court. All charges were dissolved upon the hearing, and two of the 9 attackers are now in prison.

Will this impede on my aliyah or service? This is my question. Thank you in advance for your time.
Ziv
Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Dragon

Zeus is on a distinguished road

Two documents they usually ask apart from your Jewish background proof.
1. Police clearance certificate (Better if you have apostille sticker on it, check its rule in your home country if it is required for Israel)
2. Date of birth certificate

Since all charges were dissolved, you don't possess any criminal background. Once you have this document from Police or Ministry of External Affairs (Again you need to check procedure of getting it in your country) you are eligible to apply for Aliyah.
For further detailed information contact here
You may also be asked to submit Police Clearance certificate of countries you have lived for a while. You should mail this Jewish agency with your complete background and what have you done up till now in life. Based on the info these people will be able to suggest you what needs to be done.

Goodluck!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 AM

sparrow is on a distinguished road

Thanks Zeus,
Just confirming what I had speculated.
Cheers
Ziv
Old 09-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up