Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > History of the World
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Dragon

David of Galilee is on a distinguished road

Yes, what Scelli exposed is exactly part of the problem with so much information on the Net.

The government of Japan almost routinely supports all media feeding frenzies against the Israeli claim to Jerusalem, and against Israelis building in the heartland of Israel. Japan's long-standing echo of Western and Muslim anti-Israeli positions is hardly brotherly if you believe them to be descended from ancient Israelis. Hardly suggests any feeling of blood or spiritual or cultural kinship at all! The Japanese government's position is based on the idea that "the enemy of my oil supplier is my enemy."

Japanese people themselves do not seem to harbour much classical anti-Semitism, and their businessmen are to be seen in Israel. One group actually came here to study our semi-chaotic method of developing profitable hi-tech businesses, especially the free manner in which young and old mix and dispute and discuss as equals when hashing out new hi-tech ideas and potential new marketing directions. It contradicts the Japanese way of doing things--though there is also much for all of us to learn from them, too.

Last edited by David of Galilee; 01-11-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

The Japanese chicks I meet clubbing have no such inhibitions
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

I'v found Japanese to be a generally xenophobic people though, sorry.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 AM

makoto is on a distinguished road

[IMG]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_i mage001.gif[/IMG]

Where are the Ten Lost Tribes?

Japan
Daber: in Hebrew, to speak.
Daberu: Japanese for chatting.

Goi: a non-Hebrew or foreigner.
Gai'Jeen: prefix for a foreigner, a non-Japanese.

Kor: cold in Hebrew.
Koru: to freeze in Japanese.

Knesset: Parliament in Hebrew.
Kensei: Constitutional government in Japanese.

These are among the thousands of words and names of places with no real etymological meaning in Japanese. And they all correspond with Hebrew words. Even the Kings have similar names. The first known king of Japan, who was named Osee, ruled around 730 BC. This king has been identified with the last king of Israel, Hoshea, who died around the same time, at the time of the Assyrian exile of the ten tribes from Israel. The holy Japanese shinto temple strongly recalls the ancient holy Isrealite temple, which housed a holy of holies section and several gates. Several artifacts in Japan have been traced to Assyrian and Jewish sources, among them, a well in Koryugi with the words "well of Israel" inscribed on its side.

It has also been suggested that the carts of Otsu and Kyoto are of ancient biblical origin, as they are different from any others in Japan. Might the ancient Israelites and their wives and children have been conveyed to Japan in these carts? Among the Samurai sect, there is a tradition that their ancient ancestors came to Japan from western Asia around 660 BC.The name 'Samurai' recalls 'Samaria'. And to which tribe do the Japanese belong? There are those who claim that the Mikado, the Japanese emperor, is a descendant of the Hebrew tribe of Gad. 'Mikado' recalls the Hebrew word for 'his majesty the king,' 'Malchuto'.

Picture:
[IMG]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_i mage003.jpg[/IMG]
Japanese illustration depicting the raft on which the ancient Israelites crossed over to Japan.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/losttribes3.html
Old 03-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Dragon

Yes, but also

Kahanei / Kahuna (Hawaiian) - for high priest
Makhsan / Magazine - for storage area
Kinah / Caione (Irish Gaelic--pronounced 'keen') - for Lament. Used in some dialects of English. The Book of Lamentation is called 'Kin'ah'
Avel / Evil - for iniquity, injustice
Asham / Ashamed - was guilty, sinned
Oabh / Obi (West African, West Indies) - Magic, Necromancy. The Witch of Ein Dor who woke Samuel from his death-sleep in She'ol was practicing Obi. 'Ba'alat Oabh' or Master of Conjuring/Necromancy is what she is calle din the Hebrew. She also held seances.

The list goes on and on--for many if not most languages. NOT JUST OR SPECIFICALLY Japanese. Thus the need for broader study. Otherwise it cam seem peculiar just to Japan to have some relationship to ancient Israel. The connection is much more widespread than that, even if the connected includes Japan.

Can you accept the idea that an ancient connection between Israel and many nations, many races, many cultures, not somehow just Japan, might exist? I believe this to be a reasonable point, which does not negate what you might believe, so much as expand the direction in which you are going. Fair enough?

Look at Japan--great. But to be scientific and scholarly look out at other cultures and races and nations for the Israel connection. Makes it all more interesting.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:29 PM

"Can you accept the idea that an ancient connection between Israel and many nations, many races, many cultures, not somehow just Japan, might exist? I believe this to be a reasonable point, which does not negate what you might believe, so much as expand the direction in which you are going. Fair enough?"
------ YES, But can you?! I don't think you understand; ONE (1) Japanese have a Hebrew identifier in their DNA!!!!! TWO (2) There is a LOT of culture and language similarities in Japan compared to Hebrew.
------ China and Korean do not have these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------ I spent almost 10 years in East Asia, so should know something about this.
------ Are you ashamed that you might be related to the Japanese?
------ Many Jew's and Japanese here in the U.S. take this as EXCITING news, but not you?
------ You are so adamant to refute the facts that I have presented or change the subject (which Liberal's do constantly).

Signing Off
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Dragon

Continue your Japan-Israel studies--that is wonderful and worthy. Just don't exclude the Israel connection to other countries. Don't miss out on seeing just how wide-spread ancient Israeli culture was on this planet! We Israelis are, in that sense, as numerous as the sands of the sea, and Abraham was indeed the Father of many nations--not just Israel in the Land of Kna'anan and Japan.

I am fighting all kinds of Western liberalism all the time, especially related to anti-Semitism, abortion, and secular prejudice against faith and the Bible. I also fight anti-Semitism as I find it, even among centrists and conservatives. Labels mean little to me--I look for the man and his principles, and his ability to be civilised and courteous, and especially a willingness to discuss topics without mounting ad hominem attacks. Just in case you imagine I am a liberal--no. Ask openly, and avoid oblique references and innuendos like the plague!

PS Many scholars are still arguing over many aspects of Israelite DNA studies, even regarding what might constitute "Jewish" DNA. One needs a pretty solid background in genetics to unravel the scientific material. I was blessed with a mother who had a PhD in genetics from Yale University, and she lived to a good old age. Discussing Jewish genetic and DNA studies was a favourite topic, and she was always sending me books and articles. My brother has a PhD in linguistics, and is a Japanese speaker, and his wife lived in Japan, and we have, believe it or not, spent many an hour discussing Hebrew word roots in Japanese. I can't imagine who is "fighting" a connection or "ashamed." Frankly haven't got a clue what you're on about, friend. I just say, E*X*P*A*N*D the topic, but did not say stop pursuing the Japanese angle, or that in itself it was not legitimate. It is legitimate, so relax the threat-level. If what you want to say is that ONLY Japan is connected to ancient Israel, then say it, without shame.

That's it, friend!

Shalom uVrakha,
-David.
(Most of my 60 years in Asia, for what it is worth.)

Last edited by David of Galilee; 03-10-2013 at 08:59 PM..
Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 PM

What ever.
I'm losing interest here in this place.
Ask Papa Rock to close this thread since there nothing really being accomplished here and NOBODY seems interested in this subject.

Adios.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoto View Post
What ever.
Ask Papa Rock to close this thread since there nothing really being accomplished here and NOBODY seems interested in this subject.

Adios.
I prefer shalom to "whatever."

Peace brother.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What ever.

Adios.
No...You ask Paparock to close the thread since you're the one that started it. Just because everyone around here isn't exactly doing one-armed push ups of excitement over the subject (other than yourself, that is...) should be no reason to cop an attitude. I for one don't really care as it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the basic eschatological beliefs Bible-believing Christians hold steadfast. Get a grip, Marine.

In addition: I'm still waiting for a response to my comment regarding this bit of revisionist nonsense parroted by that pastor you spoke so highly of:

http://www.israelmilitary.net/showpo...0&postcount=33

Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Gold Member

Little Rock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelli View Post
No...You ask Paparock to close the thread since you're the one that started it. Just because everyone around here isn't exactly doing one-armed push ups of excitement over the subject (other than yourself, that is...) should be no reason to cop an attitude. I for one don't really care as it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the basic eschatological beliefs Bible-believing Christians hold steadfast. Get a grip, Marine.

In addition: I'm still waiting for a response to my comment regarding this bit of revisionist nonsense parroted by that pastor you spoke so highly of:

http://www.israelmilitary.net/showpo...0&postcount=33
Shalom Scelli.

Remember this, "By their deeds so shall ye recognize them."? I see a lot of newbies come here spouting one thing but their hearts are really far from thoughts of Israel.

Cheers
Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Rock View Post
Shalom Scelli.

Remember this, "By their deeds so shall ye recognize them."? I see a lot of newbies come here spouting one thing but their hearts are really far from thoughts of Israel.

Cheers
Many organizations are out there preaching various things that supposedly emanate from the Bible. The pejorative term rightfully given those types of groups who insist on blabbering such things in direct conflict with genuine biblical doctrine is cult.

I'm not saying that is the case here at all. However: While things he brought up may provide for interesting discussion, they don't matter one whit in the Lord's sovereign plan for these end times.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:45 AM
Dragon

hworta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
I'v found Japanese to be a generally xenophobic people though, sorry.

Just have to meet the right one I suppose. All the Asian societies I have visited exhibited what we would call xenophobia, but its more like they think their particular race/society is superior to everyone else. They just dont tell little white lies like westerners so they can seem rather strong when they convey ideas and opinions. I talked to my wife about the Israel root theory and she did not believe it, I also told her that Japanese people used to think they would never lose any war also... We all know that civilization for all practical purposes did in fact originate in the current Middle East, people are probably more connected to each other then they would care to realize.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Dragon

Sad thing is, there were potentially great areas for hard-nosed, but very enjoyable discussions of the spread of ancient Israelis around the globe. The over-focus on Japan, Japan, Japan is just way too narrow.

And I'll add to what Scelli says about either foundational Biblical Christian belief, or those of a Torah Jew, being unaffected by the entire matter.

I know that we Israelis have a more abrupt, assertive conversational manner (even in fluent English), and I hope that I did not unwittingly put our sensitive friend Makato off. But sticking to the subject would have worked, instead of heading off on the ad hominem track. Suggesting that I am a liberal, as Americans or Brits might reckon?

Me, who wanted to see one of our submarines surface right under the Turkish ship Mavi Mamara in emergency breach mode?
Old 07-15-2015, 01:05 AM

Bnei Menashe
The ICEJ was thrilled to welcome home another wave of 250 Bnei Menashe from India in recent weeks. We expect another two groups totaling 500 more newcomers by the end of the year. Our commitment in covering their flights and other travels cost is around $1000 per person. The challenge is there before us to raise $500,000 by December for these upcoming Bnei Menashe flights.

http://issuu.com/icej/docs/july_2014_wfj_issuu

Word From Jerusalem magazine. July 2104, page 13
Old 07-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworta View Post
Just have to meet the right one I suppose. All the Asian societies I have visited exhibited what we would call xenophobia, but its more like they think their particular race/society is superior to everyone else. They just dont tell little white lies like westerners so they can seem rather strong when they convey ideas and opinions.
I agree, however some are more xenophobic than others IMHO, personally I'd say Japanese are more so compared to say, Koreans or Cambodians etc. Similarly while for ex. Indians or Uzbeks have a superiority complex, they are more accepting of diverse ethnicities than Japanese in my experience.

Last edited by Knaur; 07-16-2015 at 07:36 PM..
Old 07-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Bnei Menashe
The ICEJ was thrilled to welcome home another wave of 250 Bnei Menashe from India in recent weeks. We expect another two groups totaling 500 more newcomers by the end of the year. Our commitment in covering their flights and other travels cost is around $1000 per person. The challenge is there before us to raise $500,000 by December for these upcoming Bnei Menashe flights.

http://issuu.com/icej/docs/july_2014_wfj_issuu

Word From Jerusalem magazine. July 2104, page 13
All the best. I wish my Jewish countrymen best of luck in their historic homeland.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:38 AM

Default Star of David in Ancient Japan

The Kagome Crest at Ise Grand Shrine

While, you can see the same design as the Shield of David (Star of David), the symbol of the Jews, in various places in Japan.
In Mie prefecture, Japan, is located Ise grand shrine which was built for the Imperial House of Japan, and a symbol which looks very much like the Shield of David is carved on all the lamps along the approaches to the shrine.

The Japanese call it Kagome crest, which means basket reticulation in Japanese. This was named because the crest looks like the reticulation of Japanese traditional bamboo basket.
The lamps at Ise grand shrine were built and offered from the donators to the shrine after the World War 2. The Kagome crest is also carved at a monument of Manai shrine, the former (original) Ise grand shrine located in Kyoto. This monument is also offered to the shrine.

In Japan, people have been using crests which look like the Shield of David since very old days. For instance, Asa-no-ha crest, which also resembles the Shield of David, has been used widely as symbols for clothes since about Kamakura-era (the 12-14th century C.E.). And Kagome crest was used by Komiya clan and Magaribuchi clan, etc., who are descendants of emperor Seiwa (the 9th century C.E.).
We can also see the symbols which resemble the Shield of David as regalias of several cities of Japan. The city regalias of Nishi-no-miya city (Hyogo prefecture), Oomuta city (Fukuoka), Otaru city (Hokkaido), Wakkanai city (Hokkaido), and Fukuchiyama city (Kyoto) are all in the shape of 6 pointed star, and resemble the Shield of David very much.
But did they really originated from Jewish Shield of David? Or, did they only happen to resemble?
You can recall the badge of American sheriff to be the same design as the Jewish Shield of David, but it does not mean that he is a Jew. The same thing could be said concerning the crests in Japan. The design of six pointed star was used widely in various countries from old days because of its geometrical beauty.
In Israel, this symbol is discovered as a design without national significance in old remains; for instance, Shield of David is discovered in a synagogue in Capernaum, Israel, built in about second century C.E.. But it was only a design and was not unique to the Jews. Even among other nations than the Jews, this design It was since the 17th century C.E. when this design started to be used generally as the formal symbol for the Jews.
So, it is difficult to judge whether or not the Japanese design of six pointed star originated from the Jewish Shield of David.

http://www2.biglobe.ne.jp/~remnant/isracam4.htm
Old 05-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

I missed this thread, thanks for sharing all this awesome information! I love Japan and I love Israel! Japans alliance with Hitler is what almost ruined all of it, but Japan has since become a powerful and dignified nation once again as it used to be.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum