Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > History of the World
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road
Default Himmler diaries found in Russia reveal daily Nazi horrors

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36951548

Quote:
Chilling details have emerged about the daily life of Heinrich Himmler, the Nazi SS chief who sent millions of Jews to their deaths in the Holocaust.
The German tabloid Bild is serialising excerpts from Himmler's wartime diaries, recently discovered in Russia.
One day, Himmler wrote, he had a massage before ordering the execution of 10 Poles. And he says he enjoyed a snack at Buchenwald concentration camp.
He also told the SS to train dogs that could "rip people apart" at Auschwitz.
Historians will publish the diaries in a book next year, with background notes.
Himmler was in Adolf Hitler's elite circle, and had the official title "Reichsfuehrer SS". He commanded the death squads who murdered Jews, Poles, Soviet prisoners-of-war, Roma and others categorised as "racially inferior".
The diaries are being studied by the German Historical Institute Moscow. They cover the years 1938, 1943 and 1944 and were found at a Russian defence ministry archive in Podolsk, a town just south of Moscow.

Himmler (second from left) regularly toured SS prison camps and mass murder sites
Historians had earlier examined Himmler's diaries from the years 1941, 1942 and 1945 - but they were unaware of the missing ones until recently.
The find is seen as highly significant and has been compared with the diaries of Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.
German researcher Matthias Uhl said he was struck by Himmler's enormous concern for his elite SS, family and friends - while meticulously implementing mass murder.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Old 08-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I have a confession to make

I have a confession to make; I am prejudiced aginst Germans

I don't hate Germans but every time I hear a German accent I cringe inside and my shields go up immediately. It's something I work on and it is embarrassing to me. I have never had a really bad experience with a German. It is just that from around the age age of twenty I have been a voracious reader of history including WWII history. I once had a 21 volume set on WWII. I also have done a lot of independent study on the parallel subjects of Nazism, the rise of Hitler, the Christian Churches of Germany during the rise of Hitler, The Nazi Party in the USA & Germany, Eugenics: The USA & Germany and much more.

I have know a very nice lady that was a German Jew that escaped the Holocaust because she was kept, as a very young girl, as a "house guest" of a very high ranking German Military Official against her will. We had some long an interesting discussions that were not only hard for me because of the subject matter she related but her thick German accent made me cringe inside. Here she was pouring her heart out about being a Jew in Nazi Germany and I was cringing inside at her heavy German accent. It made me ashamed but it was not something I could consciously control. This German Officer used her as sort of his Jewish pet and it disgusted me and made me so mad I could hardly contain my rage but I was in fact powerless to do anything. I off coursed felt such compassion for this elderly lady who had suffered and lost so much. I tried my best to be a good listener and to tell here my interest in and prior work in supporting the Jewish community as well as Israel. That pleased her and whenever she saw me she always greeted me and I her. We lost contact after my wife and I moved out of state.

I know there were Christians who stood up against Nazism and Hitler and some even paid with their lives for that resistance. However those where a vast minority and that were also those "Christians" that wore the Nazi uniform that participated in the slaughter of Jewish civilians that went on so long that they were allowed to go to Church services by and then return to shooting Jews to fill mass graves which sometimes did not stop moving after being covered over with dirt for days.

Babi Yar

The most notorious and the best documented of these massacres took place from 29–30 September 1941, wherein 33,771 Jews were killed. The decision to kill all the Jews in Kiev was made by the military governor, Major-General Kurt Eberhard, the Police Commander for Army Group South, SS-Obergruppenführer Friedrich Jeckeln, and the Einsatzgruppe C Commander Otto Rasch. It was carried out by Sonderkommando 4a soldiers, along with the aid of the SD and SS Police Battalions backed by the local police. The massacre was the largest mass killing for which the Nazi regime and its collaborators were responsible during its campaign against the Soviet Union and is considered to be "the largest single massacre in the history of the Holocaust" to that particular date, surpassed only by Aktion Erntefest of November 1943 in occupied Poland with 42,000–43,000 victims and the 1941 Odessa massacre of more than 50,000 Jews in October 1941, committed by Romanian troops.

Victims of other massacres at the site included Soviet prisoners of war, communists and Roma. It is estimated that between 100,000 and 150,000 people were killed at Babi Yar during the German occupation.

The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Last edited by Paparock; 08-02-2016 at 10:00 PM..
Old 08-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Worst of all is the people who now days try to deny these atrocities as a normal part and parcel of that brutal war.

Germans, Russians, Japanese, they all committed genocide in WW2, they may be civilised now but we would do well to remember this recent history, or we are doomed to repeat it.
A war generating battles is ‘curse’ not ‘mirth’.

At that time, I will search out and destroy all of the nations who have come against Jerusalem - Zechariah 12:9
Israel Forum