Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Religion
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Religion Discuss religious beliefs.

View Poll Results: What is your religion/belief system?
Christianity 54 32.14%
Islam 16 9.52%
Judaism 44 26.19%
Hinduism 8 4.76%
Sikhism 1 0.60%
Atheist 10 5.95%
Agnostic 9 5.36%
Buddhism 5 2.98%
Paganism 1 0.60%
Other [Please State] 20 11.90%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Balam's Avatar
Balam Balam is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 306
Balam is on a distinguished road
Default

I see a lot of posts, but no more votes, COME ON PEOPLE VOTE ON THE POLL, we really would like to see the religion stats.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Ultra Requete's Avatar
Ultra Requete Ultra Requete is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 388
Ultra Requete is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizballah View Post
Because it says so in the bible, and in the quraan, and in your book as well, u ignorant ****.
Let me remind you who killed Jesus, erm.......The JEWS?!?!?!?
Not the JEWS but (some)members of sanhedrin Jesus hailed by common people as prophet, healer, reforming Rabbi and even the Meshias-Christ (acording to gospels) was despised by religius establisment envy of his popularity. His disciples were nonconformist sects in second temple judaism just like essenes were. First they were called christians in Antioch years after Jesus death (acording to acts) Christians do venerate jewish tanath as on old testament when Muslims claims that Old and New Testaments were forged by both Christians and Jews to not mention of future prothet Mahomet. Well thats B...it becouse in VII century conflicted Christianity and Judaism woud nether agree on such grand scale plot. We were too busy fighting eachover over Jerusalem when the Arabs came and snaped it. Well maybe thanks to Islams we'll unite now.
__________________
Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6985) Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger as saying:
The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him.
http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=2617
http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=3410
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Ultra Requete's Avatar
Ultra Requete Ultra Requete is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 388
Ultra Requete is on a distinguished road
Default

I was raise not only as Roman-Catholic, but as Polak-katolik since I started to read the Bible decade ago and ancient soucrcess I'm evangelic in faith, Roman by culture, from 2001 "Islamophobic pro American and proud of this" from 2004 "civites Europeanum" (small honour If you ask me); and since I got hold on Internet access more and more pro Israeli.
__________________
Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6985) Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger as saying:
The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him.
http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=2617
http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=3410
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Balam's Avatar
Balam Balam is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 306
Balam is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
thats the kind of stories i like, when our people come back to the tribe, and not when some crazy rabbis go and convert some native from peru, india and africa!!!!
I see, understand and support your first point Herzeleide, but I must ask, what´s wrong whit convertion. I
If the convertion is completely motivated by the person itself, and after prove that really want to commit to HaShem and the jewish nation, then it´s ok to me.
And as far I know the Rabbis are the first ones to oppose to massive convertions, by contrary to the rest of religions, judaism, doesn´t make propaganda to call people to join judaism.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 PM
ariel81 ariel81 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: jerusalem,israel/buenos aires,argentina
Posts: 43
ariel81 is on a distinguished road
Default

secular jew
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:35 AM
*titanium* *titanium* is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 480
*titanium* is on a distinguished road
Default

Im secular Jewish, since I dont keep very kosher or fast on yom kippur or any of the stuff im 'suposed' to do. I still really value my religion and its a huge part of me, i just prefer to practice it in my own way.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:36 AM
ariel81 ariel81 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: jerusalem,israel/buenos aires,argentina
Posts: 43
ariel81 is on a distinguished road
Default

well,im a pork eating jew hahahahhaa
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:48 AM
*titanium* *titanium* is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 480
*titanium* is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel81 View Post
well,im a pork eating jew hahahahhaa
I kinda feel bad when i eat pork, I eat pepparoni pizza because its such a small amount and I eat sirloin steak because its so nice, but sausages and ham i dont ussualy eat. Only if theres nothing else, which is kinda taking the fact that you are allowed to eat non kosher if the only other option was to starve, a little too lightly haha I met an orthadox Jewish girl who wants to make me eat kosher, but theres no kosher shop near me and theres no way im gona stop eating chiken, most of my meat intake comes from chiken!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:50 AM
ariel81 ariel81 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: jerusalem,israel/buenos aires,argentina
Posts: 43
ariel81 is on a distinguished road
Default

well,most of the argentinian jews are secular,and i wasnt secular in the past,became one in israel
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:57 AM
*titanium* *titanium* is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 480
*titanium* is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel81 View Post
well,most of the argentinian jews are secular,and i wasnt secular in the past,became one in israel
We are fast moving away from being a secular people. Jews in Diaspora are dieing out because they have low birthrates like the other people in those countries and theres a lot of intermariage. But that tends to only be the case for Reform and conservative. Im sure you know aswell as me about the birthrate and intermariage rates in the orthadox community.

6,000,000 Jews in the USA of which 8% are orthadox. yet out of American Jews under the 18, 27% are orthadox. People talk about the decline of Jews in the USA and how low numbers will be in 50 years time, but infact they are likely to be considerably higher.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-20-2007, 01:08 AM
ariel81 ariel81 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: jerusalem,israel/buenos aires,argentina
Posts: 43
ariel81 is on a distinguished road
Default

intermarriage its not so common in argentina,argentinian society its not so open as the american one,and birthrate,its a bit higher
also,i live in israel now
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Guru's Avatar
Guru Guru is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
Guru is on a distinguished road
Default

I am Christian (protestant...very opposed to catholicism...but, in many things, is very similar to Judaism).

Best Regards,

Guru
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Guru's Avatar
Guru Guru is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
Guru is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
thats the kind of stories i like, when our people come back to the tribe, and not when some crazy rabbis go and convert some native from peru, india and africa!!!!
Dear Herzeleid,

Do you think that the God of sky is for Hebrews only?

If yes...you are verrrrry wrong....

Do you think that you are best than natives from Peru..India or Africa?

If yes...again, you are veeeeery wrong....

Best Regards,

Guru
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Paparock's Avatar
Paparock Paparock is offline
Dragon
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern California High Desert Mountains
Posts: 48,313
Paparock is on a distinguished road
Default Differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I am Christian (protestant...very opposed to catholicism...but, in many things, is very similar to Judaism).

Best Regards,

Guru
Guru, there are many various groups that go by the name Christian with beliefs that also vary very widely as in many religions. There are vast differences even within the Catholic Church. From the hard core traditional Roman Catholics to those in the Catholic Church one would have a hard time distinguishing from many evangelical protestants without talking to them at length. Catholicism has much in history to answer for and very well may have much to answer for until Messiah comes but they also may not be the only ones that go by the name Christian. Some Jewish Rabbis do not believe in establishing the physical nation of Israel again while other Rabbis teach taking back all the Promised Land to the decedents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So we must be careful when referring to a group and painting them all the same. Even Islam has those that call themselves believers yet by holding up their lives to their Quran and Muhammad’s words they do not follow them other than in name to those that have committed heart and soul to it despite the "things" they do against others in the name of their “God”.

Therefore, in looking at those that hold themselves forth as Christians let their fruits bear witness of their truthfulness. I have stated elsewhere on this forum many times I am a Christian Zionist. For those that have no idea what that means here is a link for more information. My point is we as Christians are to the best of our ability to do what we know and understand are right. For me what I know and understand through my lifetime of study is to stand by and with Israel. Each human soul has free will to answer that question and in the end of days will have to account for that answer.
__________________
O Israel
The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Guru's Avatar
Guru Guru is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
Guru is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
Guru, there are many various groups that go by the name Christian with beliefs that also vary very widely as in many religions. There are vast differences even within the Catholic Church. From the hard core traditional Roman Catholics to those in the Catholic Church one would have a hard time distinguishing from many evangelical protestants without talking to them at length. Catholicism has much in history to answer for and very well may have much to answer for until Messiah comes but they also may not be the only ones that go by the name Christian. Some Jewish Rabbis do not believe in establishing the physical nation of Israel again while other Rabbis teach taking back all the Promised Land to the decedents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So we must be careful when referring to a group and painting them all the same. Even Islam has those that call themselves believers yet by holding up their lives to their Quran and Muhammad’s words they do not follow them other than in name to those that have committed heart and soul to it despite the "things" they do against others in the name of their “God”.

Therefore, in looking at those that hold themselves forth as Christians let their fruits bear witness of their truthfulness. I have stated elsewhere on this forum many times I am a Christian Zionist. For those that have no idea what that means here is a link for more information. My point is we as Christians are to the best of our ability to do what we know and understand are right. For me what I know and understand through my lifetime of study is to stand by and with Israel. Each human soul has free will to answer that question and in the end of days will have to account for that answer.
Dear Papa,

Yes! Maybe on my previous message I was very hard, because I don´t have explained about some differences on catholicism, like the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (in some things, they try to be like protestants, but basically, still are very different of protestants, because, basically, still are very catholics...for me, still are the same thing).

Protestant are very opposed to catholics (very..very..very...)....protestans and catholics believe in Christ....BUT...one of strong differences is that catholics have idols, images...and many and many other things!

Papa, I respect your opinion, but, for me (and for millions of protestants around all world), we have nothing similar to Catholic Roman Church! ()

I am sure that you understand these differences!

Best Regards,

Guru
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
hworta hworta is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 779
hworta is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Dear Papa,

Yes! Maybe on my previous message I was very hard, because I don´t have explained about some differences on catholicism, like the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (in some things, they try to be like protestants, but basically, still are very different of protestants, because, basically, still are very catholics...for me, still are the same thing).

Protestant are very opposed to catholics (very..very..very...)....protestans and catholics believe in Christ....BUT...one of strong differences is that catholics have idols, images...and many and many other things!

Papa, I respect your opinion, but, for me (and for millions of protestants around all world), we have nothing similar to Catholic Roman Church! ()

I am sure that you understand these differences!

Best Regards,

Guru

The Catholics kept the bible from being lost in the throws of the dark ages. They risked life and limbto protect that information. Lets be honest there are only protestants because the King of England wanted to get a divorce without killing his next wife. I dont say this to belittle any brand os Christianity. However in history the roman catholic church has done many great things for Christianity and it was founded by one of Jesus's deciples.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Guru's Avatar
Guru Guru is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
Guru is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworta View Post
The Catholics kept the bible from being lost in the throws of the dark ages. They risked life and limbto protect that information. Lets be honest there are only protestants because the King of England wanted to get a divorce without killing his next wife. I dont say this to belittle any brand os Christianity. However in history the roman catholic church has done many great things for Christianity and it was founded by one of Jesus's deciples.
Dear hworta,

Sorry, but, the true protestant history have nothing with the King of England and with the Anglican church!

"...However in history the roman catholic church has done many great things for Christianity and it was founded by one of Jesus's deciples...."

Oh, yes ....so, let me know an example...a true example!

Best Regards,

Guru

Last edited by Guru; 04-26-2007 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-26-2007, 04:40 PM
hworta hworta is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 779
hworta is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Dear hworta,

Sorry, but, the true protestant history have nothing with the King of England and with the Anglican church!

"...However in history the roman catholic church has done many great things for Christianity and it was founded by one of Jesus's deciples...."

Oh, yes ....so, let me know an example...a true example!

Best Regards,

Guru

The Catholic church did realy keep the bible from being lost during the dark ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_den1.htm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...c+church+bible


My father went to a Seminary college.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Guru's Avatar
Guru Guru is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
Guru is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworta View Post
The Catholic church did realy keep the bible from being lost during the dark ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_den1.htm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...c+church+bible


My father went to a Seminary college.
Dear hworta,

Yes, for all catholic church history, reading the bible was forbidden for anybody and allowed for popes and priests only....BUT...

...my question on previous messages isn´t about it ...but...about this your message...

"...However in history the roman catholic church has done many great things for Christianity and it was founded by one of Jesus's deciples...."

In accordance with all history, this isn´t true! So, please let me know an example...a true example about this message!

Best Regards,

Guru
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
hworta hworta is offline
Dragon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 779
hworta is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Dear hworta,

Yes, for all catholic church history, reading the bible was forbidden for anybody and allowed for popes and priests only....BUT...

...my question on previous messages isn´t about it ...but...about this your message...

"...However in history the roman catholic church has done many great things for Christianity and it was founded by one of Jesus's deciples...."

In accordance with all history, this isn´t true! So, please let me know an example...a true example about this message!

Best Regards,

Guru

What?

The Roman Catholic Church or Catholic Church (see terminology below) is the Christian Church in full communion with the Bishop of Rome, currently Pope Benedict XVI. It traces its origins to the original Christian community founded by Jesus Christ and led by the Twelve Apostles, in particular Saint Peter.
The Catholic Church is the largest Christian Church and the largest organized body of any world religion.[1] According to the Statistical Yearbook of the Church, the Church's worldwide recorded membership at the end of 2004 was 1,098,366,000, approximately one-sixth of the world's population.[2]
The worldwide Catholic Church is made up of one Western or Latin and 22 Eastern Catholic particular Churches, all of which look to the Bishop of Rome, along with the College of Bishops, as their highest authority on earth for matters of faith, morals and Church governance.[3] It is divided into jurisdictional areas, usually on a territorial basis. The standard territorial unit, each of which is headed by a bishop, is called a diocese in the Latin Church and an eparchy in the Eastern Churches. At the end of 2006, the total number of all these jurisdictional areas (or "Sees") was 2,782.[4]......
__________________
Reply With Quote
Israel Forum
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Israel Military Forum