Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Religion
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Religion Discuss religious beliefs.

View Poll Results: What is your religion/belief system?
Christianity 54 32.14%
Islam 16 9.52%
Judaism 44 26.19%
Hinduism 8 4.76%
Sikhism 1 0.60%
Atheist 10 5.95%
Agnostic 9 5.36%
Buddhism 5 2.98%
Paganism 1 0.60%
Other [Please State] 20 11.90%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorwandymirko View Post
What are you talking about, how about I tell you that I posted pro-Israel stickers around the city I live in, and I talk about politics with random strangers to combat anti-Israel ideologies that are present where I live.

You are calling me an anti-Israel troll?
I'm calling you what you are: An arrogant little putz.

Do you think Israel survived in a vacuum?

Some of those you despise so handily in nonsensical blabber like "We are the chosen, they are not. As the Talmud says, the Goyim are more similar to animals than to humans." also support Israel and its military on a regular basis politically, morally, and monetarily.

How about this gem: "Judaism is the truth. All other religions need to be destroyed." Well, smart man: I happen to be an evangelical Christian, yet you want to destroy me and others like me? I spent 11 1/2 years in the US Marines and am probably twice your age, so try it and see where that gets you.

Those are just 2 examples culled from the barrage of horse manure posted in the last 24 hours. Don't even dare using the ruse of "Hello, sorry my English is not that good..." either! I'm not interested in hearing such lame excuses nor are a number of others around here. Consider my reply as fair warning. I give that only once, so it would behoove you to heed this: Keep exhibiting diarrhea of the mouth around the forum and you'll regret it. Big time.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
Politics aside it is done in a time when only one western nation has its embassy in Jerusalem. So maybe these fellows have more strength than the governments of the west.
Strength, definitely.

Putting politics aside is fine but it does sideline influential factors like say, USSR believing the Kibbutz model would make Jews pre-disposably favoured towards them (a goodwill lacking in their domestic policy towards Jews) or Muftis in Russia/CIS nations having a rather structurised system to the extent of official promotions in Spirtual Directorates etc.

Quote:
As for facts, Ill do some research and post the sources, I am guilty of not keeping sites booked marked, however; I normally do not forget what I read. I think we went through this once before. :)
I cannot recall correctly, either ways take your time, no sweat.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorwandymirko View Post
Judaism is the truth. All other religions need to be destroyed.
Fanatics of ANY religion, have no place on this forum, let alone on this earth. You are nothing but a NAZI-JIHADIST mentality!

I dont care if you're Jewish, but I've had enough of your disgusting behavior, GET LOST!

BANNED FOREVER!

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 03-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

scelli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Fanatics of ANY religion, have no place on this forum, let alone on this earth. You are nothing but a NAZI-JIHADIST mentality!

I dont care if you're Jewish, but I've had enough of your disgusting behavior, GET LOST!

BANNED FOREVER!

Old 03-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Dragon

desertscout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Galilee View Post
" ... That might knock the dottle out of a few pipes, but it left me with a most interesting group of people, all of whom believed that being a friend to Israel was central to their faith. Not agreeing with every policy or practice, or loving everything about every Jew--but standing with Israel, defending Israel, and praying for Israel. After a long, rough journey, I stand by my definition, and that is why I loathe hearing the word Goy (plural Goyim) used as a pejorative. Anyone who uses that word as a general reference to something loathsome and base is making a deep mistake."
We may disagree about who Messiah ben David really is, but one thing that I know for sure is that, many Xtians, especially those that support the nation of Israel, look forward to bending our knees to Him when He comes. Believing that we goyim are grafted into the commonwealth of Israel through Yeshua (Yahushua) does in no way mean that we replace Israel. Replacement theology is a lie from the pit. The sad issue that remains is that it seems that many of the Xtian goyim love and support the existence of Israel, while many of the orthodox Jews in the US don't. Some of the more orthodox view Israel as an anathema and offer vocal opposition to her exisitence, while many goys on this forum like me view the present state of Israel as the beginning of the fulfillment of the prophesies given in Ezekiel 37. Despite our differences, Israel is the center of my attention and prayers on a daily basis. Am Yisrael Chai!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 AM

TeeDee is on a distinguished road
Default I am a worshiper of the Great I Am

Hello everyone, I am new here also and enjoy the site. Jesus is my Lord and Savior and the reason why I am such a strong supporter of Israel.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 PM

Matt In West Virginia,USA is on a distinguished road

I would have chosen "other".

With me, it's just G_d and me... no "religion" as man defines it today. It's all relationship... given and afforded me (a Gentile) by the Jews and Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

• I believe in the Father (G_d of Abraham, His Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit).
  • I believe the bible (Old and New Testaments) is the infallible, perfect and eternal (without end) Word of G_d to men.

In addition to that? It's relationship... everything comes from the relationship that lives with me... any day I can successfully give myself over to it.

So? There that is...
Old 08-29-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
I have met mature Jews that will have nothing to do with Christians and it does not bother me in the least as I understand. Jew and Christian hating Muslims don’t faze me either. Atheists, Nazis, Communists, in my 63 years I have met them all. I am quite secure in who and what I am. You would have to have seen the things I have seen and experienced the things I have to fully understand. If I tried to just tell it all most would not believe me and I would not blame them because if I had not personally been there I would not believe it either. I have literally seen Death’s Doorway and things in the Spiritual Realm. Death holds no fear for me any longer. I have seen past the curtain and only joy waits. I do not hate my enemies but only feel sorry for their fate which is theirs by their own free will. If all mankind would open their eyes, ears, and minds to G_d, He would gladly answer them but they must humble themselves before Him. It is not an easy thing to live “not my will but yours G_d”! It is not about how many times you stumble and fall but about how many times you get back up. If you are willing, He will reveal Himself and the Truth to you. But you have to be willing because G_d sees every thing inside you and you can’t hide even the smallest dark thing from Him. It is while scary, the most freeing thing you can ever do and then let G_d lead you. I was most undeserving of his mercy as a lost Goyim full of hate and anger toward mankind. Yet G_d showed me what I needed most when I needed it most and set my feet on a different path. People that knew me then would not understand the person I am now and I only have G_d to thank for that!
I understood every word of that...

And I don't have a problem believing it, neither.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
Hello everyone, I am new here also and enjoy the site. Jesus is my Lord and Savior and the reason why I am such a strong supporter of Israel.
Welcome to the site, Tee-Dee... Hope you are enjoying getting to know our Brothers and Sisters in Israel...
Old 08-31-2015, 01:36 AM

Default wow how exciting this read has been

Since the poll is closed I choose other I believe in one G_D Creator of Heaven and Earth of ALL that is Seen and Unseen. Period.
I believe in Ancient Alien theory (my favorite show on TV)

I really enjoyed reading all the posts

I lived in the New Imperial Hotel just inside the Jaffa Gate of the Old City for 5 months from the beginning of May to the end of September of 1997 and spent most of my time getting to know the locals in all of the 4 quarters eating with, smoking with drinking coffee with, playing chess with and even praying with and the biggest lesson I came away with was: Despite all of our political, religious, ethnic and cultural differences we are all human creatures created by G_D and if we hold to HIS Teachings and Revere Him it shows in how we treat each other by how we act and by what we say to each other as we go about our daily lives.
I left Israel with the understanding and belief that how I worship G_D best is by how I treat my fellow man or woman and G_D knows how often I fall short when applying these lessons like we all do from time to time.
For the most part, most of the time, Islam, Judaism and Christianity Live, Work, Play and Pray next to each other and side by side all in the confines of a small walled city in spite of all the distractions of this crazy world around them.
This is the Blessing of and Glory of Israel. and that which is Jerusalem.

Last edited by 717; 08-31-2015 at 01:49 AM..
Old 08-31-2015, 03:34 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Guess what, I've re opened the poll, that way more people may answer :)

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 09-01-2015, 03:25 AM

Old 05-30-2016, 11:15 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Arrow You are self deceived

Quote:
Originally Posted by 717 View Post
Since the poll is closed I choose other I believe in one G_D Creator of Heaven and Earth of ALL that is Seen and Unseen. Period.
I believe in Ancient Alien theory (my favorite show on TV)

I really enjoyed reading all the posts

I lived in the New Imperial Hotel just inside the Jaffa Gate of the Old City for 5 months from the beginning of May to the end of September of 1997 and spent most of my time getting to know the locals in all of the 4 quarters eating with, smoking with drinking coffee with, playing chess with and even praying with and the biggest lesson I came away with was: Despite all of our political, religious, ethnic and cultural differences we are all human creatures created by G_D and if we hold to HIS Teachings and Revere Him it shows in how we treat each other by how we act and by what we say to each other as we go about our daily lives.
I left Israel with the understanding and belief that how I worship G_D best is by how I treat my fellow man or woman and G_D knows how often I fall short when applying these lessons like we all do from time to time.
For the most part, most of the time, Islam, Judaism and Christianity Live, Work, Play and Pray next to each other and side by side all in the confines of a small walled city in spite of all the distractions of this crazy world around them.
This is the Blessing of and Glory of Israel. and that which is Jerusalem.
Dear 717:

I have met your "Ancient Aliens" face to face; they are not new to mankind. They have deceived many and they will deceive many more but they are not G_d. They have been defeated and know their time is short. I have seen them fearful; hardly a "god" like quality. You are self deceived and there is nothing I or anyone here can say that can help you. Not until you choose to seek the truth can your eyes be opened. I feel soory for people like you.
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Asymmetric Warfare It’s not just for the “Other Guys”

Old 10-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

I see I chose Agnostic once. I would choose Hindu today if I voted again.

Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian? - Walid Shoebat, PLO terrorist
Old 10-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
I see I chose Agnostic once. I would choose Hindu today if I voted again.

I wanna know why lol. I remember long ago you had told us you were neither a Hindu nor Muslim. At first I understood that to mean you were a Sikh, since you were from the Punjab, but later you told us Agnostic, I even thought you were Atheist once lol. By the way I'm cool with whatever faith people have as long as they are truthful and support Israel.

We used to have Muslims onboard that were pro Israel, even some Palestinians. Never knew what happened to them, as they were outspoken supporters of Israel, God knows what that did to them.

Part of my family is Hindu, Tamil specifically, but for me I consider that Hindu as Hindu means a believer in Krishna & more importantly unites all the different Indian, Vedic sects into one. We can be Gujarati, Shiva believers, Ganesh devotees, Tamil, Kerala, Telugu, Marathi, but we should all be Hindus and support Hindustan (India/Bharat)

I also have Anglican, Catholic family, aswell as Baha'is and 7th Day Adventists lol. I chose the one I was the most attached to at that time also, Christianity.

~ Golda Meir~

Old 10-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

The reason is simple. I do not believe in organised religion. Further, as a Mohyal Brahmin, my gotra i.e. clan has been expressly forbidden by Parashurama and Guru Gobind Singh both to forsake Brahminical rituals and adopt the duties of a Kshatriya or warrior.

However, 60 odd years of misrule by INC and NCERT history written by Romila Thapar, another descendant of Pt JawaharLal Nehru has steadfastly tried to portray a statist, communist version of history where Moghuls = Good, British Colonisers = Bad , Nehru-Gandhi clan = best of the best and only hope of salvation of 🇮🇳.

I have learnt rudimentary Sanskrit and the older the texts I read , i.e. Puranas , Upnishads etc., the more I am convinced that the ills governing India are not caused by caste, creed, religion or any such societal element but are fundamentally caused by the people of the Republic of India abandoning their own identity in pursuit of money through votebank politics.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

My paternal grandfather was a Gandhar, a clan found mostly in Jatt moslem, the maternal grandpa was a Prashar.

In ancient times, Scythians, what the Nazis called Aryans were foreign invaders. However by 870 CE , the Ghaznavid assault brought an entirely new type of raiders to the Kabulshahis, the Timurids.

Finally by the time of Durrani-Hotaki dynasty in Afghanistan , the remaining traces of Bactrian history were wiped out to be replaced a new Moslem narrative.
These were my ancestors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabul_Shahi

Edited to add : Gandhar btw is a clan found not only in Moslems Sikhs and Hindus. In 607 BC, Bhagwaan Mahavir Jain, the founder of Jainism another non-violent Dharmic faith, took his first 11 learned scholar disciples called the 11 Gandhars.

Last edited by Knaur; 10-06-2017 at 12:46 PM..
Old 10-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Davidskyhigh2 is on a distinguished road

shocked to see majority Christian on an Israeli military forum. interesting.

not bad thing just surprising
Old 10-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidskyhigh2 View Post
shocked to see majority Christian on an Israeli military forum. interesting.

not bad thing just surprising
It is not an Israeli military forum, it is a forum of overseas English speaking supporters of IDF.

BTW SOP is to go introduce yourself in the sub-forum intended for that purpose.

Other than that, welcome aboard.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:43 PM

ashdoc is on a distinguished road

non practising hindu , brahmin by caste . mother tongue---marathi .
Israel Forum