Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:32 PM

colbeseder is on a distinguished road
Default Handasa Kravi

I'm interested in joining Handasa Kravit and I need to decide really soon. But every time I mention it to anyone, they wince and say it's too dangerous and this has frightened my fiance a little.

I understand that part of being a soldier is risking yourself for a greater cause, but I also have a responsibility towards my future wife (B"H).

Does anybody know (and are allowed to tell me) if the chances of being killed or maimed in Handasa are much worse than in an infantry unit?
Old 07-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Gold Member

GB_FXST is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbeseder View Post
I'm interested in joining Handasa Kravit and I need to decide really soon. But every time I mention it to anyone, they wince and say it's too dangerous and this has frightened my fiance a little.

I understand that part of being a soldier is risking yourself for a greater cause, but I also have a responsibility towards my future wife (B"H).

Does anybody know (and are allowed to tell me) if the chances of being killed or maimed in Handasa are much worse than in an infantry unit?
I think that that is an unanswerable question; too many variables and unknowns.

Any kravi role is inherently dangerous because of its fundamental nature. So, generally speaking, I do not know if any kravi role can be said to be more or less risky than others.

Obviously, everything in life entails risk. I think the real question here becomes the reward. If this is something you want to do then by all means do so. I think that the worst thing is to have regrets for something that you did not do.

And, Handasah Kravi has some really neat toys
Old 07-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

I served with a Handasa Kravi unit during Miluim about 4 or 5 years ago. Also have a good friend in London who served with them.

he risk is no greaterthan other parts of the army, I am guessing the exception being demolition. I really liked the officers, and there are clusters of some really intelligent sodiers in the unit.

I would go for it.

But also be prepared that I served with them at a checkpoint. They were there on a six month rotation.
Israel Forum