Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Nuclear And Strategic Missiles
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nuclear And Strategic Missiles Strategic Missiles And Nuclear Program Related Posts.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 PM

Maxx is on a distinguished road
Default Nuke Damascus.

When Israel Nukes Damascus [It will] how do you think it will be delivered?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

Hopefully with you right underneath it. What a pr@t!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Gold Member

milluim is on a distinguished road

Well said Pam!!

People like that dont realise if Israel Nuked Damascus the fallout could and would damage Israel,,
But make no mistake if Syria sends 10000 tanks against Israel Zahal will dystroy them in one 30 second sweep without even calling up reserves.
Put that in your t34 barrel and smoke it!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

New Ron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
Israel has no plans to nuke anyone. However there are other countries who would love to nuke Israel.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

XtraFresh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Israel has no plans to nuke anyone. However there are other countries who would love to nuke Israel.

I'm sure that Israel would have plans to utilize their nukes on a moments notice if in fact that they have them :)
Old 06-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Gold Member

neilay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraFresh View Post
I'm sure that Israel would have plans to utilize their nukes on a moments notice if in fact that they have them :)
of course they will...but they have to gve the internatuional community an answer for their action....so they shld hav a solid reason to do so....or else loads bad things will follow...GOD FORBID....
Old 06-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilay View Post
of course they will...but they have to gve the internatuional community an answer for their action....so they shld hav a solid reason to do so....or else loads bad things will follow...GOD FORBID....

I was just merely pointing out that Israel probably have plans for every scenario though that does not necessary mean that they will start anything. Just giving Ron a hard time
Old 06-17-2010, 03:35 AM
Dragon

SpacemanSpiff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
By most accounts, Israel has had nuclear weapons since 1966--not only before many forum members were born, but even before some of their parents were born. If Israel had really wanted to nuke Damascus, don't you think they would have done so by now ?

That said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by milluim View Post
People like that dont realise if Israel Nuked Damascus the fallout could and would damage Israel,,
Air bursts produce little fallout, and for surface bursts the fallout pattern is dependent on wind. As long as the wind isn't from the northeast, Israel will probably be safe. (Note that if Gaza was the target, this would generally not be true.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milluim View Post
But make no mistake if Syria sends 10000 tanks against Israel Zahal will dystroy them in one 30 second sweep without even calling up reserves.
Put that in your t34 barrel and smoke it!
Actually, tanks and other armored vehicles are quite hard targets, and the kill radius for nuclear weapons rather small. Just think how much sturdier a tank is than a house. Unless the tanks are all congregated at their depots or in a similar compact area, it will take a lot of nukes to destroy a lot of tanks. The US didn't have 7000 tactical nuclear weapons in Europe at the height of the Cold War for no reason.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
I was just merely pointing out that Israel probably have plans for every scenario though that does not necessary mean that they will start anything. Just giving Ron a hard time
kk.....
Old 06-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Dragon

HideNSeek is on a distinguished road

Nukes? What nukes? Who said Israel has nukes? There is not official confirmation, and only suppositions.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideNSeek View Post
Nukes? What nukes? Who said Israel has nukes? There is not official confirmation, and only suppositions.
there is no confirmation bt there is also no denying by ISRAELI govt.....so also has a nuclear prog tht fuel such assumption.....
Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideNSeek View Post

Exactly my point from earlier though I would imagine that every nuke has a special destination "if' Israel indeed had them.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:27 PM

Invictus is on a distinguished road

Obviously the secular world - Jew and Gentile alike - disputes what the Lord has said through His inspired prophets.

In this case I refer to specifically Isaiah. Isaiah 17 clearly describes Damascus being destroyed overnight and the cities of Aroer suddenly becoming uninhabited. Damascus is so annihilated that no one will ever live there again. Clearly, this has never before occured in history and is thus a future event.

One could extrapolate from this that the populace of the "cities of Aroer" (western Jordan/Bashan of Aram) rapidly flees from the resulting wind-carried radioactive debris, leaving their livestock and worldly goods behind.

Also of note is the region of Ephraim in Israel proper does not escape the calamity. Most Bible eschatologists see Isaiah 17 immediately preceeding the war described by the seer Asaph in Psalm 83. Syrian/Hezbollah chemical warheads impacting northern or central Israel could well be the casus belli of Israel's nuking of Damascus in retaliation. At least one Israeli government leader has so stated this as a probable inevtiablity should Syria and Hezbollah strike Israel with WMD.

These events preceed and precipitate the prophecy of Ezekiel 38/39, the battle of Gog/Magog.

In Isaiah's, Asaph's and Ezekiel's successive prophecies notice which nations are present at first (an inner ring of Arab/Islamic nations bordering on Israel's current international borders), and which nations are present in the subsequent failed invasion (nations from the far north, Turkey, Iran, Libya and Sudan/Horn of Africa) and of whom only 1/6th of their immense numbers are not utterly destroyed by the Lord.

Also notice where this horde is buried over the subsequent 7 years. Ezekiel refers to this land as Israel proper, but today is it the Valley of the Passengers, near Dhiban, in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.

Current events appear to be laying the groundwork for the literal fulfillment of these prophecies.

Last edited by Invictus; 06-22-2010 at 05:32 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Dragon

Forums_Addict is on a distinguished road

Oh dear, I guess I wont be making Aliyah then.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Dragon

joejd12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
By most accounts, Israel has had nuclear weapons since 1966--not only before many forum members were born, but even before some of their parents were born. If Israel had really wanted to nuke Damascus, don't you think they would have done so by now ?

That said:
Air bursts produce little fallout, and for surface bursts the fallout pattern is dependent on wind. As long as the wind isn't from the northeast, Israel will probably be safe. (Note that if Gaza was the target, this would generally not be true.)

Actually, tanks and other armored vehicles are quite hard targets, and the kill radius for nuclear weapons rather small. Just think how much sturdier a tank is than a house. Unless the tanks are all congregated at their depots or in a similar compact area, it will take a lot of nukes to destroy a lot of tanks. The US didn't have 7000 tactical nuclear weapons in Europe at the height of the Cold War for no reason.
this post is actually extremely interesting, could you please post any additional information you have on the subject? like the difference between air burst and ground burst fallout?

for years everyone in israel (the public at least) have been more afraid of fallout than anything else, any mention of nukes immediately gets a response of "the fallout will just come back and kill us"
Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Dragon

SpacemanSpiff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
Obviously the secular world - Jew and Gentile alike - disputes what the Lord has said through His inspired prophets.

In this case I refer to specifically Isaiah. Isaiah 17 clearly describes Damascus being destroyed overnight and the cities of Aroer suddenly becoming uninhabited. Damascus is so annihilated that no one will ever live there again. Clearly, this has never before occured in history and is thus a future event.
Gee, I never gave it much thought--I guess I always assumed that one day their sewers would back up or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejd12 View Post
this post is actually extremely interesting, could you please post any additional information you have on the subject? like the difference between air burst and ground burst fallout?

for years everyone in israel (the public at least) have been more afraid of fallout than anything else, any mention of nukes immediately gets a response of "the fallout will just come back and kill us"
Let me refer you to The Effects of Nuclear Weapons, Glasstone and Dolan, US Government Printing Office, 1977.

It is available for reading online as multiple PDFs at: http://www.princeton.edu/sgs/publica...icles/effects/

or the paperback can be purchased from Amazon for $77 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...SSFX1C9Q2HFNE4)

Additionally, there must be hundreds of thousands of copies lying around, as at one time it was distributed by all US government bookstores.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:09 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
Gee, I never gave it much thought--I guess I always assumed that one day their sewers would back up or something.

Let me refer you to The Effects of Nuclear Weapons, Glasstone and Dolan, US Government Printing Office, 1977.

It is available for reading online as multiple PDFs at: http://www.princeton.edu/sgs/publica...icles/effects/

or the paperback can be purchased from Amazon for $77 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...SSFX1C9Q2HFNE4)

Additionally, there must be hundreds of thousands of copies lying around, as at one time it was distributed by all US government bookstores.
thanks a lot, tried to skim but wayyy too complicated, ill try when i have more time
Old 06-23-2010, 03:48 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Well my point was, even if Israel has them, they dont want to use them.

Quote:
Giving me a hard time is somewhat a pastime for you XtraFresh it seems.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
~ Golda Meir~

Old 06-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Ron View Post
Well my point was, even if Israel has them, they dont want to use them.

Giving me a hard time is somewhat a pastime for you XtraFresh it seems.
while i agree with you that xtrafresh did seem to have a habbit of giving you a hard time, i personally think this forum should relish such debate instead of squashing any such occurrences by banning the member/s responsible for this behavior, as long as the member doesnt spam and continue to spread propaganda/lies, after all, you can always just delete the post/ignore it...

dont know about the rest of you, but combining my love for arguing (heheh ) and my genuine belief that what i believe in is in fact the right thing/the truth, ive made it a mission of mine to change as many people's opinions as possible...

just my opinion... thought id say it
Old 06-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejd12 View Post
while i agree with you that xtrafresh did seem to have a habbit of giving you a hard time, i personally think this forum should relish such debate instead of squashing any such occurrences by banning the member/s responsible for this behavior, as long as the member doesnt spam and continue to spread propaganda/lies, after all, you can always just delete the post/ignore it...

dont know about the rest of you, but combining my love for arguing (heheh ) and my genuine belief that what i believe in is in fact the right thing/the truth, ive made it a mission of mine to change as many people's opinions as possible...

just my opinion... thought id say it
Joe, I will kindly ask you to read this last page of the thread, so you see that XtraFresh was banned for far more than just some of his posts, he is a double face lier, who wouldnt stop sending me PMs defending members who said they are anti Israel:

http://www.israelmilitary.net/showth...?t=3695&page=5

If you have any other disagrements as to why we banned him, please address yourself to the admin Johnboy.

~ Golda Meir~

Israel Forum