Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 PM

soccer2 is on a distinguished road
Default Christian and permanent residence visa in Israel - what's with the IDF?

Hello!

Does anybody know if a 24-year old, Christian man with no Israeli citizenship (but with a permanent residence visa -> "toshav-keva" ) gets drafted into the IDF? Yes or no?

The government homepage showed me the following sentence:

Quote:
The military service law requires that every permanent resident be
conscripted, regardless of whether or not he holds foreign citizenship.
But on the other hand, I read that only Jewish men get drafted into the IDF, even when they have no Israeli citizenship, BUT a permanent residence visa.

So I am a little confused now.

I used a lot of Google search but i hardly found any information about this topic and also my written Hebrew is not the best, so I hope that somebody in this forum could help me.

Thank you very much for any help!

Last edited by soccer2; 01-04-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Israel Forum