Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Your Ad Here

Old 05-16-2012, 03:46 PM

gymtwin21 is on a distinguished road
Default Laser eye Surgery and Profile

Hello,

I am doing Garin Tzabar this August. I am told my tzav rishon will be in late August and my giyus in mid-November.

I am interested in doing laser eye surgery before giyus mainly because I have a high number and I feel having glasses in the army will be uncomfortable (not to mention that I want to do laser in the future anyway.) I understand that if you have eye surgery within a certain time of tzav rishon that you will get a temporary low profile. Is this true? If so, what is this time frame?

Thank you!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

I have never heard this before.

A general response would be the subjective nature of all medical profiles. In other words, two identical people, with identical medical history can, and often do receive different profiles from two different IDF doctors.

As always we strongly advise you have as much documentation as possible, and where ever possible, get it translated.

I do not think glasses will affect your experience one way or the other. I served both without glasses and later in life without. Made no difference.

Good luck!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Dragon

Knaur is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. No idea about IDF but if you get a chance do research as I know that in French and Indian armies, there are different criteria for LASIK, LASEK, PRK etc with some preferable over the other and different time requirements before you can enter service.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Argentina1990 is on a distinguished road

a friend made the tsav rishon 2 weeks ago, he dont see nothing nearly and he got 97. Depends on the doctor. he was worried for the same as you.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 PM

armored-diplomacy is on a distinguished road

IŽve got eye surgery one year ago (laser). Best decision I have ever made in my life.
It took me less than 24 hs to be ready to go outside.

Pros: you can see without needing eyeglasses. Sunglasses will be your new friends when outside.

Cons: although not specifically banned, some activities such as boxing or sports where a ball at your face-level is used are a no-no, specially after the first months.

Best wishes, man, youŽll love it !
Israel Forum