Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:55 PM

OttawaLoneWolf is on a distinguished road
Default Israeli soldier's salary

Shalom Haviel ! I am just wondering about how much an Israeli soldier get pay a month ? ( Ka ma ze ? ;) )

from lowly private to sgt
and officer all the way up.

(To da ) guys !
Old 09-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Gold Member

Balam is on a distinguished road

I second that question, I´m interested too to know, and maybe you can compare whit others army salarys. :)
Guatemala:

Soldier (no rank): $120.00
General: $1500 or $2000 (honestly, don´t know)
Old 10-18-2006, 06:27 PM

horatiusatthebridge is on a distinguished road

I don't know, but I bet that in the junior ranks it's peanuts. That's because they have a mandatory service, conscript army. Only a relatively few commissioned and noncommissioned officers are full time, career professionals. I assume that they are paid much better than the conscripts.

Horatius
Old 01-21-2007, 01:00 AM

OlehBoy07 is on a distinguished road
Default IDF pay

I heard from a descent source not too long ago that the pay scale goes somewhere along the following:

New recruit(still in training) gets about $150 a month
A soldier on duty depending on the job gets about $200 a month
A career officer gets $1500 to $2000 a month depending on job and seniority
Old 01-21-2007, 05:10 AM

impuls3 is on a distinguished road

375 NIS/Month to regular soldiers
Officer's and other high-ranking officials can make between 15000-35000 USD Equivalent per year
Old 05-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Gold Member

*titanium* is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlehBoy07 View Post
I heard from a descent source not too long ago that the pay scale goes somewhere along the following:

This sounds right since my second couisn said he got payed $400 a month and he was a lone soldeir, they get paid twice as much. So that makes the $200 correct.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Dragon

hworta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlehBoy07 View Post

I make $5,000 a month here in Japan in the American Air Force.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:15 AM

tanks_alot is on a distinguished road

Combat soldiers receive around 650 NIS per month, support and non combat soldiers get around 350 NIS per months.
the difference between sergeants to privates is insignificent.

lieutenants that have finished their 3 years get between 4,000 to 6,000, depeanding on their role and risk level and the salary keeps going up with the ranks.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Gold Member

I saw a report online saying that 40% of officers are on income support! It said that captins get 11,500 NIS per month it then rises by over 5000NIS per month for the next rank followed by 7000NIS, major generals get 75,000 NIS per month, i think that is a disgrace, even in the IDF the generals line their pockets with money thats almost £10,000 a month and thats worth a lot more in Israel since the £ is much stronger than the NIS Im joining the IDF and am considering carying on as a professional soldeir but I could never accept such amounts of money from them, I would feel bad taking more than 15,000NIS per month because its not like an employer where hes paying you to make him a profit, i would feel happy to make money like that, but I dont want to charge extautiont amounts to defend my country, just what I need to live on comfortably. Maybe ill by shares or something as an extra income, im good at that.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM

ariel81 is on a distinguished road

no,higuest paychek goes to the president,is 40 000 shekel a month,nobody makes more in goverment
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel81 View Post
no,higuest paychek goes to the president,is 40 000 shekel a month,nobody makes more in goverment
Are you sure? This website seemed like it knew what it was talking about, it was a report you had to pay money for (I kept pressing the preveiw button lots of times haha)
Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 PM

thats the offical stuff,plus nobody can make more that the president
Old 05-23-2007, 09:52 PM

dont forguet that the chieff of staff is several layers under the pm in power,and of course the president
Old 06-05-2007, 09:23 PM

galil_556 is on a distinguished road

it seems to me that the soldiers and the officials win very little, compared with other countries of the world, is very under fixed wages for his since they risk its life, if data is east truth, is very under its wage!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Guy is on a distinguished road

We do what we do because if we wont no one will do it for us, and this country will not be able to keep existing.

The salary I get from the IDF is just pocket money, like it should be. Those 3 years you suppose to give for your country, not for money.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:47 PM

tanks_alot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by *titanium* View Post
I saw a report online saying that 40% of officers are on income support! It said that captins get 11,500 NIS per month it then rises by over 5000NIS per month for the next rank followed by 7000NIS, major generals get 75,000 NIS per month, i think that is a disgrace, even in the IDF the generals line their pockets with money thats almost 10,000 a month and thats worth a lot more in Israel since the is much stronger than the NIS Im joining the IDF and am considering carying on as a professional soldeir but I could never accept such amounts of money from them, I would feel bad taking more than 15,000NIS per month because its not like an employer where hes paying you to make him a profit, i would feel happy to make money like that, but I dont want to charge extautiont amounts to defend my country, just what I need to live on comfortably. Maybe ill by shares or something as an extra income, im good at that.
I don't know if the amounts you mentioned are accurate but either way, it's not that simple.
it's easy to be an idealist when you are young but it gets more complicated once you get older and have a family for example.

officers get to see very little of their families and put in much more hours of work, with a great deal of risk for their lifes sometimes, than civilian jobs.

if they won't get some incentives than even with all of the good will in the world, they'll be forced in the end to go to a much better paying civilian job, that requires much less hours of work that will allow them to see their families every day, with no risk to their lifes.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:32 PM

Sardukar is on a distinguished road
Default Compulsory/Conscription Military Salaries

When I was in Korea, the KATUSAs (Korean Augmentees to U.S. Army) got paid a tiny wage and financial support generally came from families. This pay rate was similar to ROK Army soldiers. My KATUSA friend told me once the their 2-year tour of compulsory duty was complete and they stayed in the Army, the salary would increase almost dramatically. Does Israel have a similar system?