Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Army Related Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Army Related Forum Topics about the Israeli armed forces, special forces, tanks, apc's, guns etc + world armies.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Avtomat9966 is on a distinguished road
Default Is there any US soldiers stationed in Israel?

I thought there was some soldiers stationed in the Sinai, but i'm not 100% sure. Because i'm looking to change my duty station and if they are I would love to be stationed in Israel.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 AM

shinobi92 is on a distinguished road

For the IDF girls?
If I remember well US people have equipments stored in Israel (POMCUS like in Germany during the Cold War).
Old 01-17-2008, 12:07 AM

The girls would only be a perk! haha.
So theres no soldiers only equipment?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:23 PM

Ymer99 is on a distinguished road

American in Isreal very bad for world sekurity i think right now. What does you other think?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:26 PM

sabre is on a distinguished road

I would guess that there are no "OFFICIAL" US soldiers stationed in Israel. That doesn't mean they are not there... wink wink
Old 01-18-2008, 01:23 AM

tanks_alot is on a distinguished road

There isn't any permanent presence in Israel, but US forces do train in Israel on occasions. when i did reserves in 2005, there were US marines training in the fire ground next to ours.

Here are some pictures that devildoc18 had posted in Flicker:

Quote:
Me doing some night shooting with the M4 with a very nice optic sight. Accurate and fast. We'd blow through magazines quickly. Glad I didn't have to pay for all that ammo.

Quote:
Actually, this is a Merkava Tank. (and not mine)

Quote:
Okay, they have some very pretty girls in the IDF. They loved the Marines. Since Israelis all have to perform 3 years of service (and usually get out when done), they were amazed by how OLD some of us were and how long we've served.
(In the center wearing the light blue shirt is PFC West. He was wounded in Ubaydi, Iraq in May, but is recovering well here at home.)

Quote:
This is the front gate for the SpecWar Counter Terror School / Unit 707 (they also house the Sniper School)

Quote:
This is the CTS front gate sign.
notice the "BatCat" insignia, this is the symbol for the Special Forces "LOTAR" (counter-terrorism unit 707).

Quote:
Me and a few Marines with IDF SF. I'm front, left, kneeling in Desert MarPat (I busted my knee two days before, so i had trouble bending it)
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Gold Member

shelory is on a distinguished road

i was toled that US troops that where stationed in israel where toled to "trade" goods so to make Israeli troops happy. cammo, shoos, gun straps, uniforms and stuff like that, i think the US still considers israel as a 3rd world country so applies the trading policy to make the locals happy.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 PM

Groundpounder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelory View Post
i was toled that US troops that where stationed in israel where toled to "trade" goods so to make Israeli troops happy. cammo, shoos, gun straps, uniforms and stuff like that, i think the US still considers israel as a 3rd world country so applies the trading policy to make the locals happy.
I wouldn't say that the U.S. considers Israel to be a third world country.In most cases U.S. Soldiers/Sailors/Marines trade because they are looking for souvenirs or tokens of remembrance for their trip to Israel or other countries.Some guys collect foreign military insignia and patches and would be willing to trade most anything to get them.Besides trading helps make friends with the local people and their families.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelory View Post
Not really, no matter where we go we will trade stuff. Its just stuff to bring home that no one else has seen before.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:31 PM

miller4546 is on a distinguished road
Default us forces and isreal

Israel, and usa have a strong bond for trade, retaliation, commerce of military weapons and so on...they are seen as an equal and vote the same as each other in united nations and other votes....israel went to war, USA would be there beside there brothers in arms. (BLACK OPS AND MORTAR ATTACKS AGAINST whomever attacked israel...and other and there is always usa troops (marines) in Israel. i have been there 3 times in the u.s. marines 1992-93 ( 81 MORTARS), 1994-95 ( SNIPER) and finally 2000 (CONTRACT) for a 6 month tour. learning krav maga. and guarded a border.. loved every minute of it. the people were nice and the woman there are nicer and hotter than the american women. I WOULD MARRY AN ISRAELI GODDESS IN A HEART BEAT.....

Last edited by miller4546; 01-22-2008 at 11:36 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 12:48 PM

tanks_alot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller4546 View Post
and guarded a border..
Can you elaborate on that? i know that there were US Patriot crews stationed in Israel during the Gulf war and that US forces stop on occasion to train in Israel, but i've never ever heard of US forces performing operational duty in Israel.... other than the Patriot crews in 1991.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:16 PM

Ironsshamrock is on a distinguished road

The Sinai was a U.S, joint patroled with NATO for a long time. In light of recent events in the new century that mission is on the back burner. Reserves and guard units now pick up most of the slack. The rotation was temporary. Sometimes the 10th Mtn did it sometimes 1st Inf. was there. It was not like it was a vacation. Going with the U.S. military is borning. If you go you will not be out drinking with the girls of the IDF. You will be trying to keep your stuff from being stolen from some other slack NATO country that is on your base.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Israeli men do regular reserves into their forties, and some can continue well into their 50s and 60s in certain units. So I am surprised that US troops would be considered old.

US troops who happen to be in Israel for whatever reason do not wear US uniforms while walking around off of base, so it would be hard to gauge how many, if any are there at any given time.

As mentioned, there are some training situations that take place in Israel.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:27 AM

Grizzly is on a distinguished road

Only US troops i have hear stationed in Israel was in the first gulf war when we sent anti missile batteries to help Israel knock down the scuds Hussein fired at Israel but they weren't there long, then of course like several others have mentioned the occasional co training.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Dragon

HideNSeek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
Only US troops i have hear stationed in Israel was in the first gulf war when we sent anti missile batteries to help Israel knock down the scuds Hussein fired at Israel but they weren't there long, then of course like several others have mentioned the occasional co training.
Aren't there troops stationed with the American X-band radar (FBX-T)?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Zatoichi
PhotobucketPhotobucket

rafi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideNSeek View Post
Aren't there troops stationed with the American X-band radar (FBX-T)?
Not only are they there, but the area, cordoned off, is considered US territory. Not much to it, been by there a few times.

US troops served in Sinai in the 70s, Canadians were much more likely to be seen, in uniform, coming down from Lebanon area where they were in UNIFIL.

As to coming to Israel to learn Krav Maga and then guarding the border,
this is almost impossible as a US service man on active duty. As any US military man who has ever trained in Israel will tell you, you don't stand a prayer of getting near any action. And you would face a GC if you did.

As to Israel, a nation of universal conscripts hiring contract ex-military men from the US, c'mon.......
Old 01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Dragon

ishmael is on a distinguished road

There were americans in south lebenon in 82. I saw americans man anti missel battery. Also US marines for training. I trained in germany and in us once also. It happens often.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:37 AM

michalos is on a distinguished road
Default nope...

no us troops in israel - only UN
Old 01-22-2009, 03:48 PM

YoungJew91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
As to Israel, a nation of universal conscripts hiring contract ex-military men from the US, c'mon.......
I know I'm a little young to talk on this but...both my father (Ex US Army Rangers) and my older sister (Ex US Army Military Police) did some sort of contract work in Israel, at seperate times of course but, my father was there around 2006, and my sister in 2004-2005. I'm not sure the exact details of what they did, as my sister has never really commented on exactly what she did there, but my father told me he (along with a handful of other Ex Special Forces guys) was helping the IDF with training some sort of Border unit (he didn't specify which one)

-George Orwell

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

-George Orwell

Last edited by YoungJew91; 01-22-2009 at 04:01 PM..
Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 PM

Wooddog is on a distinguished road
Default Arkansas Army National Guard

The 39th Infantry from the Arkansas Army National Guard, spent a years rotation on the border back in 2001 and 2002.
Israel Forum