Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Social > Religion
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Religion Discuss religious beliefs.

View Poll Results: What is your religion/belief system?
Christianity 54 32.14%
Islam 16 9.52%
Judaism 44 26.19%
Hinduism 8 4.76%
Sikhism 1 0.60%
Atheist 10 5.95%
Agnostic 9 5.36%
Buddhism 5 2.98%
Paganism 1 0.60%
Other [Please State] 20 11.90%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Gold Member

Jordan is on a distinguished road
Default What religion or belief system do you believe in?

- Albert Einstein
Old 09-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Gold Member

Balam is on a distinguished road

I voted judaism thereofore I´m not Jew, How can that be?? Well, since I worship the only God (Hashem) and accept there is no other then he, my belief system is the same as the jews, but in a diferent way, that´s all.

BTW: For me Jesus was the greatest of all masters in humanism, but I do not worship him :) .

God bless you all :D
Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Gold Member

Balam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
Balam is this a traditional religion in your country or a belief specific to yourself?
No, in my country the people are like 60% catholic and 35% protestant and 5% mayan religions. (others religions have minimal followers)

I guess my beliefs comes from my convictions, and it´s not a religion, it´s more like a way of life, I belive in the Bible or (Torah, Tanaj), and it´s ordenance, becuase of the facts that are described there, and the wisdom that God has gave to us there.

BTW: what is your religion Jordan?
Old 09-29-2006, 02:57 AM

Punjabi_Jutt is on a distinguished road

hey guys... I voted for Sikhism because thats the religion I follow, however I have to say, I am more of a Agnostic though...
Old 09-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road

Christian Zionist
Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Jonathan M. Finegold is on a distinguished road

I have a really funny mix in me. First off, I don't believe in current organized religions, but my religious beliefs are strongly based off Judaism and Christianity. My grandfather is full Jewish, his parents being from Israel, while my grandmother on my father's side is a converted Jew from Southern Baptist [her brother was a full fledge Nazi, though]. My entire mother's side is near Falangist, and they live in Spain. So, I have a Jewish side, and a fascist/Catholic side. :D I think that helped to build me into a more balanced, open minded invidual, however.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:55 AM

Snir is on a distinguished road

I have voted Atheist... it depends on my mood at a certain day.. i can be agnostic on Sunday and a pure Atheist on monday , but the funny thing is, people think that becuase you are an Atheist you are a Liberal lefty automatically..

George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."
Old 10-10-2006, 10:27 PM

I think if you still manage to believe in the concept of god on somedays then you are still agnostic... I'm quite the same in that regards...
Old 10-11-2006, 01:09 AM

Kal-El is on a distinguished road

Buddhist and we don't believe in a superior benevolent being. You are responsible for your action. Karma, what goes around comes around. Do you do to others, actions and thought will come back to haunt or help you. The middle path aka moderation is pratice and we are taught not to have blind faith. We are taught to test the Buddha's teaching in the real world. Prothelesisng is prohibited and talk bad/down to other religion is not acceptable since we all live different lives and walk different paths.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El
Buddhist and we don't believe in a superior benevolent being. You are responsible for your action. Karma, what goes around comes around. Do you do to others, actions and thought will come back to haunt or help you. The middle path aka moderation is pratice and we are taught not to have blind faith. We are taught to test the Buddha's teaching in the real world. Prothelesisng is prohibited and talk bad/down to other religion is not acceptable since we all live different lives and walk different paths.
Budhism is an amazing religion... one of my favourites... ;)
Old 10-11-2006, 10:21 PM

Kal-El is on a distinguished road

Self defense is allowed in Buddhism. Fighting in the name of the religion itself you will be shun. That's why there has never been a war fought in the name of Buddhism. It will go against all the teachings and Karma will catch up with you.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Dragon

Rascal is on a distinguished road

Karma = Luck? Could you give me a true deffinition based on Budhist beliefs
Old 10-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Gold Member

loganinkosovo is on a distinguished road

A good friend of mine.....who just happens to be Jewish, once told me that a Jew is just a Catholic with an Insurance Policy.

Since I'm Catholic I asked him who his underwriter was?

:)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

Peace....True Peace, can only be cultivated in ground sown with the bones of Evil Men. So I lift my glass in toast to the IDF and say "Sow the Ground Well, Boys. Sow the Ground Well!" - Logan

Old 10-16-2006, 04:07 PM

sabradan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizballah View Post
you still killed him, and aided it.
Like has said before: Judas, Jesus and all the apostles were Jews. "THE JEWS" didn't kill Jesus, it was Pontius Pilate and the Romans, who delighted in the bloodshed of innocents. The whole "Jews killed Jesus" was started in the first couple centuries CE (like after the fall of western roman empire, but Byzantine Empire still around) and was used by the church as propaganda specifically designed to stir up hatred for and violence against the Jews. The fact that you still believe and use that as justification is just further evidence of your anti-semetism.

As far as my religion goes: I am a full-blooded Israeli Jew, with some tendencies towards elements of Rastafarianism and some small elements of the "nature religions"
Old 10-23-2006, 04:31 AM

Dorsai is on a distinguished road

GOD himself was responsible for the death of Jesus. He was sent as the final and ultimate sacrifice. He was condemned to death by the Sanhedrin and the act was carried out by the Romans, but they were merely the instruments of God's will. The time and manner of his death was prophesied by Isaiah centuries before it happened. Trying to pin it on the Jews or the Romans displays an ignorance of the scriptures and in my opinion, a racist desire.

Jesus was not a good man or a prophet. There is no middle ground between delusional insanity or being exactly what he said he was, I AM, one with GOD.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Dragon
Photobucket

Paparock is on a distinguished road
Default My personal view only

I am not here as a Christian to proselytize. I am a Christian, I am a Zionist, and I believe in Yeshua HaMashiach (my rock, my anchor in the storms of life). Each person must weigh his life, his journey, and seek the truth with all his heart. I have been blessed to see and experience things far outside my understanding, beyond my university training. For the skeptics I do not drink and have never even experimented with drugs despite going to college through the 60s.

My journey has not been that of a traditional Christian. From early childhood, I have experienced many teachers, experiencing things that defy at times our present understanding of physics, time, and even the fabric of dimension and reality. I stunned my parents while in grade school when I wanted to go to study in Tibet with The Dalai Lama. Something not many small boys growing up in the country in rural southern Arkansas, USA requested. That never happened but then my life has not been any means tame. Being a voracious reader on many subjects including religions I have stumbled along my path to where I am today. So you see I do not come to Christianity by being born into it because I live in the USA. I have access to many religions, worshiped with many different people of different faiths. What I have found must profound is the human “heart” not the physical organ but the center or essence of the person. Someone can hide his or her intent through lies but one cannot long hide his true nature. Those who stay very in tune can find out a deceiver in shorter time than it takes to write this. Good can sense evil just as evil can sense good.

I have found that if a man of any religion says his faith is of God and yet he makes a regular practice of evil things then do not listen to him no matter how high his rank in religion for the truth is not in him. No greater love has any man than to lay down his life for another. Perhaps if all religious leaders who say they are men of God actually practiced that rather than calling for the blood of others there would be no wars
Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 PM

HH88 is on a distinguished road

I'm a pagan because I think paganism it's the only religion that represents my values and the european culture.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:27 AM

Rig_TenSang is on a distinguished road

i'm a buddhist
Old 11-06-2006, 12:57 AM

tsalagikola is on a distinguished road

Looks like I am the only American Indian here. I have been reading this forum for a long time and this is my first post.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:23 PM

Snir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsalagikola View Post
Looks like I am the only American Indian here. I have been reading this forum for a long time and this is my first post.

Welcome aboard, we need more active members, we have too many lurkers in here. ;P

George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."
Israel Forum