Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Navy Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navy Forum Israeli Navy discussion, submarines, frigates and Israeli naval forces + Navy's from other nations.

Your Ad Here
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Tokyo

Exclamation Iran Navy vs U.S Navy

The Confrontation between Iran and United States Navy. (Many photos from the U.S. Navy archives)

http://www.iranmilitary.net/forum/sh...?p=383#post383
Old 10-13-2006, 07:45 PM

kryp is on a distinguished road

lol
iran's navy cant beat israel\eygpt navy, how can they do anything aginst usa
Old 10-13-2006, 11:58 PM

Guy is on a distinguished road

Iran's navy is now building itself in order to be a " state of the art " by Iran's definition to Advanced.

But all in all, no matter how much new toys they will present, all the " stealth " missiles they claim to have, they wont last a day againts the US Navy. its like a 5 year old trying to fight a 20 year old.
If he'll punch him in the face really hard it might hurt for 30 seconds, but nothing more than that.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Dragon

Rascal is on a distinguished road

It is much the same situation when comparing Irans airforce also.

Can you just picture Irans old Phantoms F-4's going against F/A-18's
Old 10-14-2006, 01:37 AM

mr.perfect is on a distinguished road

the whole thread is one big jock
Old 10-14-2006, 05:22 PM

Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.perfect View Post

You have a shark in your signature :\
Old 10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Tokyo

Quote:
So you like Big Jocks huh? I knew it the wholetime!

Joke not Jock!

And no it isn't a joke, I saw when they brought the dead and wounded Iranians back, it was ****ing horrible. Believe me there was no Joke there!

They couldn't even find half the bodies!
Old 10-15-2006, 02:20 AM

mr.perfect is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo View Post
So you like Big Jocks huh? I knew it the wholetime!

Joke not Jock!

And no it isn't a joke, I saw when they brought the dead and wounded Iranians back, it was ****ing horrible. Believe me there was no Joke there!

They couldn't even find half the bodies!
no you are the one,

you editing your post and then accusing me,
when you created this thread you where asking about our thoughts that what we think about it, i merely stated the two navies are not comparable in anyways(the thread is a joke)

now you putting link here and tell me i am joke, yes if i am joke you are one big fat liar.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Tokyo

Quote:
no you are the one,

you editing your post and then accusing me,
when you created this thread you where asking about our thoughts that what we think about it, i merely stated the two navies are not comparable in anyways(the thread is a joke)

now you putting link here and tell me i am joke, yes if i am joke you are one big fat liar.
1st- I never asked for anyones opinion

2nd- I was not comparing the 2 navies, I just posted fotos of a confrontation between Iran & United States that happened when you were 4 years old.

3rd- I never called you a Joke, or a Jock. You don't know the diference between the 2 words do you?

4th- I never edited my post and I never accused you of anything but liking Jocks in pink color!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Gold Member

Topmaul is on a distinguished road

The U.S. Navy could destroy all of Iran
Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road

I find it quite hilarious how so many people in the world including much of the liberal american population underestimate the US military power. Iran's navy is a joke compared to the US navy and that's fact. The only issue is the manpower at this moment in time. However if the US doesn't occupy Iran it will be a peice of cake.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILMAN View Post
I find it quite hilarious how so many people in the world including much of the liberal american population underestimate the US military power. Iran's navy is a joke compared to the US navy and that's fact. The only issue is the manpower at this moment in time. However if the US doesn't occupy Iran it will be a peice of cake.
Under estimating the U.S. navy is a mistake and so is over estimating it. Spending a lot of money on the military/navy doesn't make it invincible, but very it does make it very 'scary'. Which is the U.S.'s greatest defense... the fact no country with a conventional army really wants to go to war with the U.S.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM

Tyrael is on a distinguished road

About half of US nuclear warheads are based on Ohio-class submarines.....which are under the command of US Navy:)))
Old 11-25-2006, 03:03 AM

Birmingham is on a distinguished road

The only thing that would bother me is the unconventional. For example, if Iran outfits hundreds of highspeed powerboats as suicide weapons and launches dozens or several dozen of these suicide craft against one US Navy ship. We saw what happened with the USS Cole. If you sink 27 of these suicide craft, and 3 still get through, you got problems. The 5" is too slow firing and is more for shore bombardment. Few of the Phalanx anti-missile guns have the updates for surface engagement. You only have one 25mm deck gun on each side. Leaving you with .50 and .30 machine guns. And I am not sure a waterbore version of a "human wave attack" might not have one or two successes.
While saying that, a conventional attack by the Iranian navy would be like shooting fish in a barrel. My concern is if the Iranians think outside the box. And catches us in the west by surprise someway.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:20 AM

Sohrab is on a distinguished road

Iran doesn't really have a conventional Navy, a few frigates and subs. Their job is to deploy as many mines as possible and use anti ship missiles against the USN. Neither of those jobs are particularly difficult. Iran is not going to just fight the USN in a symmetrical way that is retarded, and Iran isn't as retarded as some people here may believe.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Gold Member

The U.S. Navy would destroy that if Iran in about 45 minutes,
Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Gold Member

Cougar is on a distinguished road

Birmingham is onto something here. The fact is, that conventionally, the U.S, can easily defeat any other nation in the world. Even if it looks so weak in Iraq, that is solely because of political decisions, not because of its military's capabilities. We could easily transform Iraq into a big parking lot within a few hours, and so could we do with Iran.

But the problem is, many nations have noticed that. They wage unconventional war. In Israel we have seen that for years, it is the same situation: if the IDF were given the opportunity, they could bulldoze over the whole Palestinian mess in a few hours. The muslims, on the other hand, would never get far in any conventional war.

So they play guerilla war, like the Vietnamese did. And they have improved it by inventing suicide attackers.

Now there is a real threat in Birmingham's scenario: Like the army on the ground was badly prepared wor IED warfare in Iraq, the US Navy is not that prepared for similar warfare on the high seas. USS-Cole like suicide attacks on a grand scale could be a real threat. And that Iranians are willing to sacrifice a lot of people we have seen in the Iran-Iraq war. T

he US Navy then would be in the political dilemma that it would need to answer very forcefully, by bombing all the coastal areas of Iran to wipe out the staging points of these kinds of attacks and therefore claiming lives of "civilians." And who knows if our politicians would have the stomach for that.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Gold Member

The USS Cole was inport taking on fuel, she was s sitting duck, the crew was at lunch and the ship was in what is considered a friendly port.

Attacking a ship in port is one thing but try it at sea

I have been at sea for most of my career, of 21 years so I have some idea what I'm talking about.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Gold Member

Cougar is on a distinguished road

I am glad to hear that, I would hate the thought of our navy being vulnerable. So what do you think about this scenario:

Iran keeps a fleet of 500 very small speedboats, your run-of-the-mill drug smuggler boat from the carribean, loads them to the brim with explosives and staffs them with suicide crews and launches them against a US navy group operating near the Street of Hormuz. What is your prediction of their success?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Birmingham is on a distinguished road

Iran can have a failure rate of 99%, and the 5 speedboats that would get through would be enough to give the US Navy a black eye. The Iranians will not attack the US Navy in the Indian Ocean. The will attack in the more confinded waters of the Gulf. Do something like a Death Ride against the US carriers with what they have left of an airforce. In hopes of drawing air support and air cover from an indivigual ship off the Iranian coast. Then launch their speedboats in hopes of overhelming one ship. The Iranians thinking that sinking one ship would be enough to cause the American public to call for an end to attacks since they have show the US Navy is "vulnerable".
The thing is that the US Navy may not commit they ships to just a few miles off the Iranian coast in the case of a raid. The Iranian's can not go charging accross the Gulf without being shot like fish in a barrel. They need the Americans to accomadate them by moving to just off the Iranian coast. As they would have to if it was a true invassion.
Just like terror attacks on land, the Iranian's only have to be lucky once. And we in the West have to be vigilant all the time in the area if there is conflict.
Israel Forum
Closed Thread