Israel Military Forum

Welcome to the Israel Military Forum. You are currently viewing our Israel Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, Image Forum and access our other features. By joining our Israel Military Forum you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so
Join Our Israel Community Today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Israel Military Forum > Israel National security > Israeli Military Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Pictures Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Israeli Military Discussion Forum GENERAL Topics Relating To Israel & Its National Security, Latest news and Analysis.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road
Default Nazis in Israel?! WTF?

Wow this is ****ed up

http://www.pogrom.org.il/eng_articles.php?art_id=7
Old 11-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Dragon

Rascal is on a distinguished road

Jewish Nazis,ya there is a fuked up concept.LOL

Maybe they are just joking around?

Last edited by Rascal; 11-08-2006 at 09:21 PM..
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Dragon

PILMAN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Jewish Nazis,ya there is a fuked up concept.LOL

Maybe they are just joking around?
Nah one of them had a hitler tattoo, and I don't think their Jewish, probably Russians.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:19 PM

andres is on a distinguished road

I don't know perhaps they didn't take their pills...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Guy is on a distinguished road

Herm, well, since you don't live currently in Israel, I guess you don't know the current generation of teenagers in Israel.

Germany, Nasiz, Hitler, Aichman, Gas chambers, and the Holocaust in general, is nothing but a joke in Israel.
To call someone " Natzi " because of the most stupid thing is very common, no one in here give any special attention to those words because of the Holocaust.
Even people with grandparents who've been there ( like me ) doesn't have any problem to make fun of the Holocaust, to laugh on jews who've been there, and " Black jokes " in general.

Before I went to the IDF there was no day when I didn't heared anyone calling someone else " Ya natzi " " Hitler " etc, of course everything is in laugh.

This is how we are, we make fun of everything, ourselves, Arabs, Germans, French, Women, fat americans :], and whatever...
It doesn't reflect the way we feel about it, this is just how we are.

Walking like those two people up there around school is not very rare, personally I don't do that, but there're people who do that.

Someone in my class had this thing when he drew with black artline under his nose to do like a hitler mustache, and he walked like this around school...

And again, don't judge us because I know you probably thinks it is horrible, but see it from our point of view.
If you live in Israel and you wont make fun of everything, you'll get crazy.
War is part of our lives, the Army is part of our lives.
Hearing about people we know who died while fighting in the IDF is every-day thing while big operation.
Running to shelters in the middle of school while training for missiles attack is usual.

So you see, that when you try to have a normal lives in Israel, together with everything thats going on around you, is impossible, if you wont take it easily. So we laugh at everything. But usually when we have guests from other countries like the US, we try to keep it down, because we know they don't know us and they don't know our culture. I guess this picture leaked :].
Old 12-07-2006, 08:54 PM

Gabriel is on a distinguished road

I think that any Israeli will agree that the picture of our country reflected in your post is a much distorted one. First of all, those two in the photo are definitely not just kids fooling around. They are Russian neo-nazis who found their way to Israel in the last immigration wave (people who should be deported or hanged). Second of all, from a youngster’s perspective I tell you that your friend is an idiot. Yes, privately calling a strict teacher a ‘Nazi” for example doesn’t necessarily signal the collapse of society. But the trivialization of the holocaust, as you describe it, is disgusting and there are no excuses for it. You should at least realize this simple fact and try to influence your surrounding for the better.

We were a nation in constant war for over a decade. It is not a new thing. You are talking about things which never took place in the past.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:45 PM

Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
I think that any Israeli will agree that the picture of our country reflected in your post is a much distorted one. First of all, those two in the photo are definitely not just kids fooling around. They are Russian neo-nazis who found their way to Israel in the last immigration wave (people who should be deported or hanged). Second of all, from a youngster’s perspective I tell you that your friend is an idiot. Yes, privately calling a strict teacher a ‘Nazi” for example doesn’t necessarily signal the collapse of society. But the trivialization of the holocaust, as you describe it, is disgusting and there are no excuses for it. You should at least realize this simple fact and try to influence your surrounding for the better.

We were a nation in constant war for over a decade. It is not a new thing. You are talking about things which never took place in the past.

Everyone see it from other point of view, as it should be.

I don't agree sometimes when using the Holocaust as a joke in some cases, but generally I've got absolutely no problem with that. The opposit is correct. I think that if we wont make fun of it, we will sink inside it.

The things Germany done to the Jews since 1938 are in any perspective beyond un-human, and beeing evil, and if we want to handle that, one of the ways is making fun of it. Same with everything else.

As we all know, as small as Israel is, every society is different, every school have its own culture and way of life.
This is how we are, or might say, were, accept that or not, there're places like that in our tiny Israel.